BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum 2017+ BMW 5 Series (G30) General Discussions reliability

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-14-2019, 03:16 PM   #23
instalher
loving husband.
instalher's Avatar
No_Country
135
Rep
965
Posts

Drives: 2014 320ixdrive
Join Date: May 2011
Location: red deer ab

iTrader: (1)

this car sounds like it was very very well engineered befor they released it for sale.. that's a great sign.... I cant think of a better car buy for 50000 than this car.. maybe, maybe the 2018 genesis g80, but I still think the bmw is the best car at 50000 for comfort and ride quality.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2019, 10:39 PM   #24
530iDriver
Captain
530iDriver's Avatar
United_States
373
Rep
929
Posts

Drives: 2017 BMW 530i
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Florida

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by instalher View Post
this car sounds like it was very very well engineered befor they released it for sale.. that's a great sign.... I cant think of a better car buy for 50000 than this car.. maybe, maybe the 2018 genesis g80, but I still think the bmw is the best car at 50000 for comfort and ride quality.
Genesis is a knockoff of the real article. Also beware of generally poor service and non luxury after sales experience which is the norm at Hyundai dealerships.
__________________
2017 BMW 530i, Sport Line,Alpine White, Canberra Beige Sensatec, 19 inch V-Spoke wheels, basic plain Jane build with no options whatsoever..... "Less is more".

Before: 2011 BMW 328i E90 sedan, Platinum Bronze Metallic, Dakota Brown leather, 17 inch wheels, 6-speed auto, N52 6 Cyl inline N/A goodness....
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2019, 11:30 AM   #25
silberma
New Member
6
Rep
22
Posts

Drives: 2012 535i
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: FL

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2019 BMW 540i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 530iDriver View Post
Genesis is a knockoff of the real article. Also beware of generally poor service and non luxury after sales experience which is the norm at Hyundai dealerships.
I have a 2019 540i, my wife drives a 2017 Genesis G80. She prefers the Genesis because:

1. The ride and handling are similar, but the BMW has the edge.
2. Runs on regular gas
3. All the alarm are audible
4. The seat retract when getting out.
5. The dealer picks up the car for maintenance at no cost.

It is definitely a better value for the money, however, I still prefer the BMW.
Appreciate 1
      02-15-2019, 11:49 AM   #26
530iDriver
Captain
530iDriver's Avatar
United_States
373
Rep
929
Posts

Drives: 2017 BMW 530i
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Florida

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by silberma View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 530iDriver View Post
Genesis is a knockoff of the real article. Also beware of generally poor service and non luxury after sales experience which is the norm at Hyundai dealerships.
I have a 2019 540i, my wife drives a 2017 Genesis G80. She prefers the Genesis because:

1. The ride and handling are similar, but the BMW has the edge.
2. Runs on regular gas
3. All the alarm are audible
4. The seat retract when getting out.
5. The dealer picks up the car for maintenance at no cost.

It is definitely a better value for the money, however, I still prefer the BMW.
That may be it. However, I still see Genesis as a glorified Hyundai Sonata with the higher price but none of the allure and even higher depreciation.

I am sure it is a solid car but Hyundai still has a perception problem with high dollar cars, scarce Genesis dealer network presence and hit and miss after sales service experience.

Another aspect that is killing Genesis is the lack of SUV offerings. I am not an advocate for cross overs, far from it, but these days it is hard to survive with just 3 or 4 sedan models in the showroom.
__________________
2017 BMW 530i, Sport Line,Alpine White, Canberra Beige Sensatec, 19 inch V-Spoke wheels, basic plain Jane build with no options whatsoever..... "Less is more".

Before: 2011 BMW 328i E90 sedan, Platinum Bronze Metallic, Dakota Brown leather, 17 inch wheels, 6-speed auto, N52 6 Cyl inline N/A goodness....
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2019, 12:39 PM   #27
ssquared
Second Lieutenant
United_States
122
Rep
283
Posts

Drives: G30 530i MSport / E36 M3
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 530iDriver View Post
That may be it. However, I still see Genesis as a glorified Hyundai Sonata with the higher price but none of the allure and even higher depreciation.
If it weren't built on a RWD platform, I could see your point. But it really is in a completely different league than a Sonata.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2019, 01:13 PM   #28
wuzupfoo
Lieutenant
wuzupfoo's Avatar
United_States
32
Rep
408
Posts

Drives: E92 M3; G30 540i
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Mean streets of Irvine

iTrader: (3)

AC issues on my 2018 so not exclusive to 2017 unless it was another issue. Somehow all the coolant was gone. Indifferent since its a lease but granted BMWs tend to have random issues. As long as they dont leave you stranded its just part of the experience!
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2019, 12:14 AM   #29
Hansell
Private
United_States
38
Rep
85
Posts

Drives: E90...E83...F25...G30 on order
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: New Jersey

iTrader: (0)

Mine was built 4/2017. I have had no major issues and only one moderate & one minor... the driver's seat frame that was replaced and a check engine light that was resolved by a software update. Pretty solid car overall.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:45 AM.




5post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST