BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum 2017+ BMW 5 Series (G30) General Discussions 530e Charging Error after BimmerCode!Need Help.

04-29-2018, 06:23 AM   #1
sanjuvarma
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW 530e / 2017 BMW x1

530e Charging Error after BimmerCode!Need Help.

Hi all,

I have now an issue that I want to solve myself if possible, with your help.

I've had this 2018 BMW 530e iPerformance since Nov 2017 and loving it. I had been using the VGate WiFi adapter and the BimmerCode app to change a few settings here and there. About a month ago I went in again, to change a couple of more settings and right after that, noticed that the car won't charge anymore, gave me a Charging Error message on my BMW app, I have a Juicebox L2 Charger box at home. Tried a few other chargers (110v) and my charging facility (ChargePoint) at work, everything gave the same error.

Took it to the dealer, they kept it for a few days, reset all codes and it's back to normal again. I assumed something I did on BimmerCode that may have upset something.

A month later, last night, I wanted to code a couple of things which I had done when I first leased the car. I thought it was ok to do that so I went in again, just changed the starting animation to M type, changed the warning sounds to bmw i type, that's all!! And got the same charging error!!!

I hate it that I may have to go to the dealer once again. Can anyone please help!!!!

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2018, 08:13 AM   #2
TopgearLA
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Med Blue 530e M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjuvarma View Post
Hi all,

I've had this 2018 BMW 530e iPerformance since Nov 2017 and loving it. I had been using the VGate WiFi adapter and the BimmerCode app to change a few settings here and there. About a month ago I went in again, to change a couple of more settings and right after that, noticed that the car won't charge anymore, gave me a Charging Error message on my BMW app, I have a Juicebox L2 Charger box at home. Tried a few other chargers (110v) and my charging facility (ChargePoint) at work, everything gave the same error.

Took it to the dealer, they kept it for a few days, reset all codes and it's back to normal again. I assumed something I did on BimmerCode that may have upset something.

A month later, last night, I wanted to code a couple of things which I had done when I first leased the car. I thought it was ok to do that so I went in again, just changed the starting animation to M type, changed the warning sounds to bmw i type, that's all!! And got the same charging error!!!

I hate it that I may have to go to the dealer once again. Can anyone please help!!!!

Thanks
This is why i am weary of this beamer code thing. If anything I may code it myself hardwired. Sorry you have to be the guineapig but keep us updated. I also have a 530e on the way. Did you change it all back and still have the issue?

You should ask the coding gurus like Shawn Sheridan more than us in general here or in bimmerfest. I figured out how to code it myself but not without all their help and links.

I will say its been a while and I wonder If I will do it again or just have someone else do it at this point out of shear laziness. I read people having charging issues from 2017 regardless of coding but I wonder if you are confusing the car with both M and I settings as I know the 530e is a lot more connected than my f32. Makes me think I may have to keep the car in identity the same and try other features.

(I did have a great sense of accomplishment though when i coded it myself, as I made my current car quite custom from increasing the speed of the trunk open, the 5 clicks to the turn signals, and turning off all the warnings, separating the timing of the mirror folds and and adding windows up/close from remote and door handle lights coming on in parking, which was awesome for the above view. )

Email Shawn directly on here. He's a saint. He may at least tell you how to check. I don't know who else here has coded their 530e specifically but best of luck and please keep sharing!
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2018, 03:45 PM   #3
babaikram
M6GCComp, Porsche Cayman S PDK, Peug 208 GT1 BPS
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Hi all,

Thanks
I thought one could easily reverse coding on Bimmercode app from the automatic backups in the app.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2019, 07:06 AM   #4
kide
Rep
Drives: BMW 530 (G30)

Quote:
Hi all,

Thanks
Anyone having same problems when coding his 530e?
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2019, 11:44 PM   #5
technicks
Rep
Drives: 2019 530e xDrive iPerformance

2019 530e xDrive iPerformance
Coded seatbelt warning sound off (so when i put stuff on seat next to me it won't bug me all the time), removed motion restrictions (so i can see my actual phone navigation mirrored while i'm driving - since it doesn't support android auto by default for some odd reason and bluetooth quality sucks donkey ears - note: you must have the wifi option for this to work), turned off the annoying bootup message and changed LED colors to red (for some reason RED is not in the standard selectable options...).
No errors, no issues. To enter diagnostic mode of vehicle press the start button 3 times quickly. (and i mean quickly, like 3 times in half a second fast)

Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2019, 09:52 PM   #6
smlau
Registered
Malaysia
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e

I have just coded Air circulation setting memory, Video in motion and Additional digital speed in speedometer without any error on the 530e, but I am not able to activate the Digital speed in board computer. Btw the 530e is with the full screen display.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2019, 11:44 PM   #7
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

Sorry OP.
I coded the iDrive computer using Carly a few times now without any issues. Maybe contact BimmerCode for some help.
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0