BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Site Related Announcements - Suggestions - Feedback - Questions Can I block the politics/religion section from my feed?

11-06-2018, 10:08 AM   #1
IanMan
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Alpine White M3 Sedan

Can I block the politics/religion section from my feed?

I love coming here to escape and get my mind off of things, and I love to refresh my feed in order to see new threads where I can learn more about M3's and see what others are up to in the community, however, I feel like this place is littered with political threads, so much so that it feels like people are only coming here to talk politics. I just want to avoid them. I just find it annoying when all I want to do is read about M3's and I have to scroll in between 5 rant threads in between every M3 related thread. Is there any way to block to poltical section from my feed? I love the forum and I love the members here, but the political threads are getting to be too much.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2018, 11:16 AM   #2
bmwgrande
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 M40i

Garage List
I found using the app to be more effective at screening out the off-topic threads. However, unless you have a tablet, it's kind of a pain to read on the phone.
      11-06-2018, 11:24 AM   #3
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep
Drives: Back and Forth To Work

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by IanMan View Post
I love coming here to escape and get my mind off of things, and I love to refresh my feed in order to see new threads where I can learn more about M3's and see what others are up to in the community, however, I feel like this place is littered with political threads, so much so that it feels like people are only coming here to talk politics. I just want to avoid them. I just find it annoying when all I want to do is read about M3's and I have to scroll in between 5 rant threads in between every M3 related thread. Is there any way to block to poltical section from my feed? I love the forum and I love the members here, but the political threads are getting to be too much.

When you view posts, you have the option of clicking a button at the top of the forums titled "Exclude off-topic from new posts". This will remove some of the other non-car related posts in addition to the political ones, but I imagine that it should suffice for resolving your concerns and allow you to focus only on the stuff you are interested in viewing.
      11-06-2018, 01:18 PM   #4
MarkDemma
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F22 M240i / E46 330Ci ZHP

Garage List
I found clicking on the "Exclude off-topic from new posts" helped saved my sanity. Honestly wish they didn't have these sections at all, there are plenty of places on the interwebs folks can go to argue politics.

Other pet peeve is that when you click on "New Posts" almost half of them are from commercial classifieds where they have just "bumped" the thread with no new info. Like, if you have more / new pics of your wheels on cars or new info / special sale to promote, fine... but just bumping threads that were originally posted maybe a year ago or more isn't really "new".
Appreciate 2
IanMan382.50
Run Silent15127.00