BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum iDrive, Audio, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics + Coding factory reset in iDrive?

02-07-2023, 05:59 PM   #1
G30M
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW M550i; Kia EV6 GT

factory reset in iDrive?

hi on my other car i made some coding to my active sound design and despite restoring it and trying to wipe everything with software update the fake engine sound is not coming back

dealer says the ASD module and the fuse is ok - thought I'm not sure he checked it - i think he just scanned for codes

will a factory reset in iDrive restore every thing in factory state?
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2023, 06:55 PM   #2
WretchedRefuse
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by g21 View Post
hi on my other car i made some coding to my active sound design and despite restoring it and trying to wipe everything with software update the fake engine sound is not coming back ... will a factory reset in iDrive restore every thing in factory state?
I don't think that an iDrive factory reset will fix this, although you're certainly welcome to try. I expect that the module will need to be VO coded back to factory spec. You can do that yourself with a tool like ESys or Protool. I expect that others on this forum will do that for you remotely if you're not comfortable.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2023, 07:02 PM   #3
G30M
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW M550i; Kia EV6 GT

thanks, i think might have to go this route.

spoke to dealer again - he said when he scanned the equipment list on the car the ASD module wasn't even in the list
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2023, 11:12 PM   #4
WretchedRefuse
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by g21 View Post
thanks, i think might have to go this route.

spoke to dealer again - he said when he scanned the equipment list on the car the ASD module wasn't even in the list
According to my notes, Active Sound Design on/off is coded in the Receiver Audio Module (RAM). If activated, the RAM generates the engine sound and transmits it to the "ASD Module," which is a buzzer that sits on the vehicle underbody next to the rear muffler. It's not clear to me whether the RAM also transmits engine sound to the interior speakers as well.

For what it's worth, I coded ASD off as soon as possible so I'm sure there are others here who can speak more knowledgeably on the topic than I can.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2023, 02:24 AM   #5
tuzii
aussie member
Rep
Drives: G30 530D

i dont think ASD was in aussie m550is
Appreciate 0