BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum 2017+ BMW 5 Series (G30) General Discussions xHP Transmission flash for G series coming!!

04-13-2021, 09:13 AM   #1
Dm1zzy781
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 335xi Sedan

xHP Transmission flash for G series coming!!

Hey all!

Just wanted to drop a little information from the conversation I just had with the tuners over at xHP.

I reached out to Semin over there to inquire about any potential plans for them to release a G series transmission flash. I was honestly expecting to hear back that it may not be something that was ever going to come to light, but much to my surprise his response was that they are currently working on building out a flash tune for the G30 series transmissions, however, he wasn’t able to provide any ETAs as he said they are still working on getting the test car road tested and going through the process to ensure reliability and performance.

I don’t know how many you guys have ran an xHP trans flash in the past on your cars, but I personally ran it on my last car, E90 335xi, it was absolutely incredible. This tune increased DD usability, shift speed and acceleration, incredibly crisp downshifts, and a ton of customizability. Obviously that car will never shift exactly like a DCT, but man was it pretty hard to tell the difference between the shift speed with xHP flash and DCT.

I think I’m most curious because the trans in my G30 M550i already shifts like a bat out of hell, I’m very interested to see what they do with this platform and what kind of performance benefits it brings as well as drivability on every day road.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2021, 11:07 AM   #2
Sophisto540
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 540i

Garage List
2017 BMW 540i  [0.00]
Pretty sure they released a transmission flash for the G30 awhile back. I know a couple folks on here have them.

You can check supported cars at this link:
https://www.xhpflashtool.com/#support

That's great news for the folks with the M550i version of the G30 though since they don't show support for that yet.
Appreciate 0