BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Politics/Religion CNN Fake News

03-14-2020, 09:07 AM   #485
Dagamus_NM
Dirka Dirka
Rep
Drives: 14 Dinan 550i, 10 m3, 91 332iC

Quote:
Originally Posted by iconoclast View Post
I am not attacking simply pointing out but to your point clearly the more important "news" is about Tom Hanks, Serena Williams, Heidi Klum, "The Bachelor", "The Royal Family" and who is filling in for Jimmy Kimmel. They couldn't possibly squeeze in a juicy headline about a political official in a hotel room and drugs right?

You are 100% correct. They are protecting their guy. He is a gay tweaker, not all that surprised really. It is Florida afterall.
Appreciate 1
iconoclast4546.00

03-14-2020, 09:22 AM   #486
hooligan_COLD
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
Rep
Drives: '15 X1 35i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagamus_NM View Post
You are 100% correct. They are protecting their guy. He is a gay tweaker, not all that surprised really. It is Florida afterall.
I couldn't care less about a politician (in this case former politician) being gay. Illegal drug use and prostitution are different matters, however.

How on Earth do FL cops walk into a hotel room with an OD'ing guy, baggies of drugs in the room, and NOT take everyone in the room into custody?

Any FL LEOs or lawyers in here?
Appreciate 1
      03-14-2020, 09:30 AM   #487
iconoclast
Self-Deprecating Narcissist
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Audi BMW Ferrari LR MB

i do not care about being gay either but the guy is married to a woman possibly having an affair in a hotel room cracked out so i find it hard that cnn or the like would not run this story ad nauseum if it were someone from the other team. in the same vein we barely hear about hunter biden dodging paternity tests and being a deadbeat dead. if that were dtjr or whomever else it would be all over the place.
Appreciate 5
Salty Dog3524.50
Dagamus_NM1204.00
scostu1227.50
Efthreeoh6955.50
cotmfk789.00

03-14-2020, 09:47 AM   #488
Dagamus_NM
Dirka Dirka
Rep

Quote:
i do not care about being gay either but the guy is married to a woman possibly having an affair in a hotel room cracked out so i find it hard that cnn or the like would not run this story ad nauseum if it were someone from the other team. in the same vein we barely hear about hunter biden dodging paternity tests and being a deadbeat dead. if that were dtjr or whomever else it would be all over the place.
I think it has more to do with him being a CNN employee and the possible legal implications of reporting on it before everything is known.

But if bias is where you are drawing the line for something being fake news then pretty much everything is. This is the danger of people only following a single news source. Some of the best international reporting comes from Aljazeera. Are they biased? Absolutely. I don't trust them at all. BBC has great reporting as well, totally biased.

Though some of the bias comes from the consumer.

Seeing that NBC, CBS, Buzzfeed etc are reporting on the Gillum story means that there is not some left wing conspiracy to cover this up. Likely more about not getting sued by an employee for reporting on it.

I need to remember this when I jump to conclusions about Fox covering things up on the other side of the coin. That is my own personal bias.
Appreciate 2
iconoclast4546.00
scostu1227.50

03-14-2020, 09:51 AM   #489
iconoclast
No_Country
Rep

I agree it is done on both sides of the aisle and their media counterparts, no doubt about that and not at all saying it isn't but It seems over the last four years there has been far more selective reporting on one side more than the other.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2020, 10:18 AM   #490
Dagamus_NM
Dirka Dirka
Rep

Quote:
I agree it is done on both sides of the aisle and their media counterparts, no doubt about that and not at all saying it isn't but It seems over the last four years there has been far more selective reporting on one side more than the other.
And it seems to me the opposite. Those are our own internal biases. The reality is that it is likely pretty equal.

Gillum is just the most recent example. Seems only one side reports on Gym Jordan, both sides report on the nepotism of the other side but rarely their own. We can go down a long list but it is pointless as both sides do this.

Seems to be plenty of politicians getting caught up in meth fueled gay motel sex. Happens in those circles I guess.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2020, 10:25 AM   #491
hooligan_COLD
Rep

Quote:
Hunter Biden is a private citizen. His dad is a private citizen. If Joe wins in Nov, then you'd have a comparison.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2020, 09:19 PM   #492
iconoclast
No_Country
Rep

Appreciate 3
David0ff956.50
scostu1227.50
N54Yankee2617.00

03-16-2020, 12:24 PM   #493
David0ff
Combined Applications Group
Canada
Rep
Drives: Lada Scrapus Trofeo R

Quote:
Hypocrisy to the Nth Degree... typical
iconoclast4546.00

03-17-2020, 07:59 PM   #494
iconoclast
No_Country
Rep

LMAO... HAHAHA... WTF~!? IS THIS REAL LIFE~!?

https://twitter.com/jackremmington/s...376518144?s=20
Appreciate 1
lakefront266.50

03-22-2020, 09:04 AM   #495
dsad1
Colonel
Rep
Drives: car

Reading CNN today is just aggravating. It's all a bunch of hate and finger pointed. Nothing helpful, nothing uniting, nothing supportive. In a time of crisis you would hope big media would be helpful, but they are a harm to all of us.
Appreciate 2
SakhirM410204.00

03-22-2020, 10:35 AM   #496
hooligan_COLD
Rep

Reading the President's comments today is just aggravating. It's all a bunch of hate and finger pointed. Nothing helpful, nothing uniting, nothing supportive. In a time of crisis you would hope the current administration would be helpful, but they are a harm to all of us.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2020, 10:37 AM   #497
Nuckle
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan_COLD View Post
Reading the President's comments today is just aggravating. It's all a bunch of hate and finger pointed. Nothing helpful, nothing uniting, nothing supportive. In a time of crisis you would hope the current administration would be helpful, but they are a harm to all of us.
Can you provide a link? I haven't seen anything from today.
Appreciate 2
      03-22-2020, 10:39 AM   #498
Gesler
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i e90 6MT

Reading what the media says/thinks the president said can certainly be very aggravating. And thinking whatever the man says will directly make the pandemic worse is just silly.

Quote:
Appreciate 1
      03-22-2020, 10:41 AM   #499
dsad1
Colonel
Rep
Drives: car

Quote:
He is for sure finger pointing and spewing hate. But he is also giving facts, he is also passing things that are very much helping, he is also letting the experts speak to the public and listening to their advice.

He can obviously do better, but if you can't realize that he is at least helping, and is very much trying, than you are letting your hate for him control you.
Appreciate 2
gjm1201311.50

03-22-2020, 11:20 AM   #500
adc100
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2018 Forester XT

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsad1 View Post
He is for sure finger pointing and spewing hate. But he is also giving facts, he is also passing things that are very much helping, he is also letting the experts speak to the public and listening to their advice.

He can obviously do better, but if you can't realize that he is at least helping, and is very much trying, than you are letting your hate for him control you.
I guess CNN and some o n here would like the president to get up , wring his hands and say "We're all gonna die"
Appreciate 1
      03-23-2020, 06:22 AM   #501
hooligan_COLD
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuckle View Post
Can you provide a link? I haven't seen anything from today.
It was more a tongue-in-cheek ribbing of the post I repeated than anything specific. I thought that was obvious by plagiarizing the wording nearly exactly. I was wrong evidently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gesler View Post
Reading what the media says/thinks the president said can certainly be very aggravating. And thinking whatever the man says will directly make the pandemic worse is just silly.
I watch the actual pressers. I don't need someone to interpret them for me.

Quote:

One could argue that he's hurting as much as he's helping. That was my point. One I obviously failed to make clearly.

A few examples:

"Anybody that wants a test can get a test. That's what the bottom line is."

"...but we're having to fix a problem that, four weeks ago, nobody ever thought would be a problem."

"The Obama administration made a decision on testing that turned out to be very detrimental to what we're doing. And we undid that decision a few days ago so that the testing can take place in a much more accurate and rapid fashion. That was a decision we disagreed with."

"Google is helping to develop a website. It’s going to be very quickly done, unlike websites of the past, to determine whether a test is warranted and to facilitate testing at a nearby convenient location."

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/22/polit...rch/index.html

I'm all for cautious optimism, but downplaying the seriousness/severity or overstating progress being made simply empowers people to not adhere to the very steps that will end this debacle sooner.

I don't hate anyone and I don't let emotions "control" me.
Appreciate 1
      03-23-2020, 04:21 PM   #502
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

Oh my.

Chris Cillizza
@CillizzaCNN
6h
Viruses don't, uh, recognize borders

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
7h
THIS IS WHY WE NEED BORDERS

03-23-2020, 09:10 PM   #503
///M4ster Yoda
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '16 F82 M4

Quote:
Quote:

The hysterical part is he voted for him. He then inundates this board with anti Trump posts for 3+ years :
Current Stable: '19 X3 (Wifey) '20 ZCP M4 (Mine)
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2020, 06:47 AM   #504
hooligan_COLD
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M4ster Yoda View Post
The hysterical part is he voted for him. He then inundates this board with anti Trump posts for 3+ years :
So, if I vote for someone I should never criticize that politician afterward?

That doesn't make any sense, honestly. I'm certain I would have had even more criticism for Hillary as a President - which is why I voted for Trump.

Trump should let Dr. Fauci and Pence run those pressers, period. They do an infinitely better job with them than he does.
Appreciate 2
cmyx6go4264.50

03-24-2020, 09:40 AM   #505
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i DCT

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Read his posts about that subject. He voted against Hillary, not for Trump. As opposed to me, I voted against Trump, not for Hillary.
      03-24-2020, 10:44 AM   #506
///M4ster Yoda
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '16 F82 M4

Quote:
Quote:
So, if I vote for someone I should never criticize that politician afterward?

That doesn't make any sense, honestly. I'm certain I would have had even more criticism for Hillary as a President - which is why I voted for Trump.

Trump should let Dr. Fauci and Pence run those pressers, period. They do an infinitely better job with them than he does.
100% criticize is obviously ridiculous and that's what you have been doing. I'm just calling a spade a spade. I haven't seen one post from you giving Trump credit in 3+ years and you voted for him.

Is he a Buffon? Yes

Is he all bad? No

Has he accomplished a few good things? Yes

Agree that he should let the others handle the press briefings on the virus.
Current Stable: '19 X3 (Wifey) '20 ZCP M4 (Mine)
Appreciate 0