BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum G30 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, European Delivery lease take over

11-19-2018, 11:02 AM   #1
themnmd
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 23 X5MC

Garage List
lease take over

Does anyone have experience with lease take overs ? either researching or actually getting a car using this method. it seems attractive. no down payment except for lease transfer fees. . cars are available with 30 or so months remaining . please let me know what you guys think.

Best Rob
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2018, 01:18 PM   #2
RLSinCO
Maximum Effort
Rep
Drives: 18 BMW M550i

I tried that route, specifically with Swapalease. I didn't pay for premium service and although I tried, I was never put in touch with any of the sellers, so not sure about the way it works with that site. I've heard sellers expressing frustration too...

I have seen leases offered for assumption on a good lease hacker site - there was a really good deal on an M550 just a couple of weeks ago. YMMV
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2018, 01:21 PM   #3
themnmd
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLSinCO View Post
I tried that route, specifically with Swapalease. I didn't pay for premium service and although I tried, I was never put in touch with any of the sellers, so not sure about the way it works with that site. I've heard sellers expressing frustration too...

I have seen leases offered for assumption on Leasehackrs.com - there was a really good deal on an M550 just a couple of weeks ago. YMMV
thanks for the info. I too have frustrated people on both sides
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2018, 12:06 AM   #4
Aud Dr
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 M3 SO

Three years ago, I successfully passed my lease (335i) to a private party via Swapalease. I had a little over a year left and wanted to get out of my 335i so I could move into a new M3. I ordered my M3 and listed my 335i. After several weeks of no interest, I added a cash incentive (I think $2,000) and got a couple interested parties right away. The first guy did not qualify for BMW Financial, the second guy did and agreed to a take-over date that worked for both of us. I gave him an envelope full of cash and he had already signed the BMW Financial Lease Contract. It went smoothly enough but I thought it a little odd that the person assuming the lease is at the mercy of the one who is giving the cash incentive because it is separate from the BMW agreement. There is a requirement of trust and good faith to make this work. In this case, I got my new M3 and he got a bargain on a pretty nice 335i.
      11-20-2018, 07:48 AM   #5
themnmd
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
lease swap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aud Dr View Post
Three years ago, I successfully passed my lease (335i) to a private party via Swapalease. I had a little over a year left and wanted to get out of my 335i so I could move into a new M3. I ordered my M3 and listed my 335i. After several weeks of no interest, I added a cash incentive (I think $2,000) and got a couple interested parties right away. The first guy did not qualify for BMW Financial, the second guy did and agreed to a take-over date that worked for both of us. I gave him an envelope full of cash and he had already signed the BMW Financial Lease Contract. It went smoothly enough but I thought it a little odd that the person assuming the lease is at the mercy of the one who is giving the cash incentive because it is separate from the BMW agreement. There is a requirement of trust and good faith to make this work. In this case, I got my new M3 and he got a bargain on a pretty nice 335i.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aud Dr View Post
thanks I agree it is a leap of faith. one would think that most people trying to dump a lease on a high end car would be on the level. it is in their best interest
Appreciate 0