BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum iDrive, Audio, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics + Coding Help please for internal lights G31

12-02-2018, 12:20 AM   #1
mephistocles
Rep
Drives: 520D Touring M Sport

Help please for internal lights G31

Pulled up for a nap in the car last night during long journey- about 3 degrees outside - wanted to use the residual heating off the engine whilst I was still in the car so did the usual increase fan speed button with engine recently off and that worked nicely but the dash and ambient lighting remained on-found that the only way I could turn off the internal lights and dash board was the 3 sec rule on the volume button on the radio-however this ALSO turns off the residual heating if you are inside the car. If I have my kids asleep in the car outside the house I can turn the residual heating on, lock the car with the fob and all the internal ambient lightning goes off but even using the fob or inside lock button whilst INSIDE the car same problem as above- anyone got a solution? Thanks in advance
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2019, 03:12 PM   #2
sjak92
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G05 30d MY24 + G20 M340i MY24

Turn off ambient light thorough the menu?
Appreciate 0