BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum iDrive, Audio, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics + Coding Driving Assistant Plus - Lane Change Assistant

02-19-2020, 06:59 PM   #23
roxxor
Major
Rep
Drives: 2024 iX50

So interestingly enough, it was in my paper owners manual as well. While playing around with the coding, I added the above changes on my car, still wouldn’t work. However, I noticed that under my Drivers Assistance settings menu, there is now a checkbox option for the Lane Change Assistant. Unfortunately, it won’t let me actually “check the box”, clicking it just does nothing, which means something still isn’t coded/set right. I will keep exploring...
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2020, 03:58 PM   #24
chrisfox75
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW 540i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxxor View Post
FWIW, I also tried the same codes, as well as coding the modules as ECE versions on my X3, and I could never get it to work. However, I did not have that section in the owner's manual, and I am surprised that yours does, as I never found anyone in the US who had that section in there for any model.
yep, does say it in my manual, now i am working on some other things and you should read the posts on bimmerfest, https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sh....php?t=1258532 which might give you some insight, but im assuming you have idrive 7?? the settings are different for idrive 6 vs idrive 7 and i still have idrive 6.

I have a 2019 M550i
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2020, 08:06 AM   #25
roxxor
Major
Rep

After a year of trying to figure it out, it finally works!! A big thank you to ifr for finally providing the final piece of coding that was causing the holdup!

It seems that in addition to the codes originally found by simpaty, BMW is using additional codes to block certain features from working in certain countries, based on where you are located. By changing this coding, you can enable the Lane Change Assistant to work regardless of your location.

The 3 codes to be changed are:
HU_NBT or HU_MGU:
Spurwechselassistent - Change this to Aktiv

SAS Module:
C_SWA_Vorhanden - Change this to True
C_SWA_Land_Aktiv - You will have to edit the Werte values to "FF, FF, FF, FF" This is the item that blocks it from working in certain regions.

And, the proof!
Appreciate 2
ifr1196.50
ejlover06104.50
      02-29-2020, 08:33 AM   #26
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Tesla MY LR AWD

Quote:
After a year of trying to figure it out, it finally works!! A big thank you to ifr for finally providing the final piece of coding that was causing the holdup!

It seems that in addition to the codes originally found by simpaty, BMW is using additional codes to block certain features from working in certain countries, based on where you are located. By changing this coding, you can enable the Lane Change Assistant to work regardless of your location.

HU_NBT or HU_MGU:

SAS Module:
C_SWA_Land_Aktiv - You will have to edit the Werte values to "FF, FF, FF, FF" This is the item that blocks it from working in certain regions.

And, the proof!
You're welcome
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2020, 07:33 AM   #27
ejlover06
First Lieutenant
Turkey
Rep
Drives: 2017 G30 520 1.6lt

Question

Quote:

HU_NBT or HU_MGU:

SAS Module:

Not related with LCA but I'm having a similar problem with VZA, EDP and ISA. I have SLI working without any problems (retrofit) but none of these 3 options working which are also connected with SLI. Most parameters related with them are aktiv on FDL codes on severeal ECUs and there is no VO option related with those.

All 3 of them have same Vorhanden and Land_Aktiv elements in both SAS 1C7A and also in DSC 2060. Versions in the DSC should also be changed? Did you change C_SWA_Vorhanden and C_SWA_Land_Aktiv in DSC ECU?
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2020, 08:09 AM   #28
Starbot1
Rep
Drives: Honda Accord

Any chance the region setting is why I can't see email on my iDrive? Can anyone else use email? I've tried the coding to no avail (everything was already set properly).

Using an iPhone 8 with CarPlay (if that matters) and iDrive6 (2017 G30).
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2020, 11:46 AM   #29
ejlover06
First Lieutenant
Turkey
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbot1 View Post
Any chance the region setting is why I can't see email on my iDrive? Can anyone else use email? I've tried the coding to no avail (everything was already set properly).

Using an iPhone 8 with CarPlay (if that matters) and iDrive6 (2017 G30).
Can't you see emails via iDrive's phone menu? I use an adroid phone and I displays emails on the idrive menu
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2020, 11:48 AM   #30
ejlover06
First Lieutenant
Turkey
Rep

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejlover06 View Post
Not related with LCA but I'm having a similar problem with VZA, EDP and ISA. I have SLI working without any problems (retrofit) but none of these 3 options working which are also connected with SLI. Most parameters related with them are aktiv on FDL codes on severeal ECUs and there is no VO option related with those.

All 3 of them have same Vorhanden and Land_Aktiv elements in both SAS 1C7A and also in DSC 2060. Versions in the DSC should also be changed? Did you change C_SWA_Vorhanden and C_SWA_Land_Aktiv in DSC ECU?
Tried it today but it didn't work either. Anyone who has these functions active in their cars can share CAFD files for NBT, KOMBI, SAS and DSC?
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2020, 01:13 PM   #31
roxxor
Major
Rep

Quote:

I had enabled ISA on my X3, but it was a side effect of coding the car to the Euro specs when I was trying to get the Lane Change Assist working. I cannot remember off the top of my head which modules I had coded.

Forgive my ignorance, but what are VZA and EDP? I have seen the codings before for EDP but never knew what it did, and VZA is a new one to me.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2020, 03:38 PM   #32
ejlover06
First Lieutenant
Turkey
Rep

Question

Quote:
I had enabled ISA on my X3, but it was a side effect of coding the car to the Euro specs when I was trying to get the Lane Change Assist working. I cannot remember off the top of my head which modules I had coded.

Forgive my ignorance, but what are VZA and EDP? I have seen the codings before for EDP but never knew what it did, and VZA is a new one to me.
My car is Euro spec from the factory so that won't be a problem

ISA: updates the adjusted speed of cruise control according to speed signs read by SLI.
EDP: updates the adjusted speed of speed limiter according to speed signs read by SLI.
VZA: warns the driver of an approaching speed limit change along the road to let the gas pedal off. So when the car arrives to the place where the speed limit decreased cars speed will be equal to that limit automatically by deceleration (so you won't use breaks and spend unnecessary gas).

Since all depends upon SLI and I've just retrofitted that option with success I'm wondering since how to activate these 3 so the package will be complete

So far I've found their codes on KOMBI, NBT, DSC and SAS ECUs.

If you've coded ISA successfully I'd appreciate if you can share the CAFD files of this 4 ECUs (also KAFAS just incase) (2660, 1EF6, 2060, 1C7A, 2089)
From there I can find a way to code the rest they basically have the same coding structure mostly
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2020, 05:12 PM   #33
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Tesla MY LR AWD

Quote:
My car is Euro spec from the factory so that won't be a problem

ISA: updates the adjusted speed of cruise control according to speed signs read by SLI.
EDP: updates the adjusted speed of speed limiter according to speed signs read by SLI.
VZA: warns the driver of an approaching speed limit change along the road to let the gas pedal off. So when the car arrives to the place where the speed limit decreased cars speed will be equal to that limit automatically by deceleration (so you won't use breaks and spend unnecessary gas).

Since all depends upon SLI and I've just retrofitted that option with success I'm wondering since how to activate these 3 so the package will be complete

So far I've found their codes on KOMBI, NBT, DSC and SAS ECUs.

If you've coded ISA successfully I'd appreciate if you can share the CAFD files of this 4 ECUs (also KAFAS just incase) (2660, 1EF6, 2060, 1C7A, 2089)
From there I can find a way to code the rest they basically have the same coding structure mostly
Do you have Driving Assistant Plus? If not you might not have the hardware for those features.

ISA requires:

XPath=(boolean(//cat[@val<"128"][crit[@val=1735]]) or boolean(//cat[@val<"128"][crit[@val=74]])) and (boolean(//cat[@val<"128"][crit[@val=79]]) or boolean(//cat[@val<"128"][crit[@val=77]]) or boolean(//cat[@val<"128"][crit[@val=3493]]) or boolean(//cat[@val<"128"][crit[@val=3439]])) and not(boolean(//cat[@val<"128"][crit[@val=654]])) and not(boolean(//cat[@val<"128"][crit[@val=186]])) and not(boolean(//cat[@val<"128"][crit[@val=4400]]))

So (DAP or ACC SnGo) AND nav prof or similar AND NOT 8TD (decoding SLI) AND NOT US type AND NOT 8TQ (decoding option?)

There are a lot of LAND masks and some related codes that could be land masks but not called that. Most is in SAS, but it depends on your base car config.

VIP DSC prob not needed.
Appreciate 1
ejlover06104.50
      03-04-2020, 03:28 AM   #34
ejlover06
First Lieutenant
Turkey
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifr View Post
Do you have Driving Assistant Plus? If not you might not have the hardware for those features.

ISA requires:

XPath=(boolean(//cat[@val<"128"][crit[@val=1735]]) or boolean(//cat[@val<"128"][crit[@val=74]])) and (boolean(//cat[@val<"128"][crit[@val=79]]) or boolean(//cat[@val<"128"][crit[@val=77]]) or boolean(//cat[@val<"128"][crit[@val=3493]]) or boolean(//cat[@val<"128"][crit[@val=3439]])) and not(boolean(//cat[@val<"128"][crit[@val=654]])) and not(boolean(//cat[@val<"128"][crit[@val=186]])) and not(boolean(//cat[@val<"128"][crit[@val=4400]]))

So (DAP or ACC SnGo) AND nav prof or similar AND NOT 8TD (decoding SLI) AND NOT US type AND NOT 8TQ (decoding option?)

There are a lot of LAND masks and some related codes that could be land masks but not called that. Most is in SAS, but it depends on your base car config.

VIP DSC prob not needed.
Thanks for the reply but I don't understand how to read boolean code or what to do with it

I have ACC SnGo & id6(so nav pro) & NO 8TD & No 8TQ and car is a EU car. SLI is working and all these 3 only updates speed from SLI readings so no extra hardware is needed except those Basically it should work with the correct coding. I've tried as many combinations as I can but couldn't make it work.

Since as you said there are tons of parameters in SAS related with these features (also same in KOMBI and NBT), it is nearly impossible to find the right ones to change because you need a test drive to check if it works and you need a road where speed limit changes and you can use ACC without having any traffic problems.

I activated the idrive menu related with adjust speed according to limit function. I can check the check box of it but as soon as I start driving it greys out and says this feature doesn't present.

So I really would appreciate if someone can share his CAFD files who has these features working in their cars

Regarding the DSC ECU all parameters seems same as the SAS ECU. Both wert values and their names. Are they redundant?
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2020, 03:44 AM   #35
matbl
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G31

Quote:
Thanks for the reply but I don't understand how to read boolean code or what to do with it

I have ACC SnGo & id6(so nav pro) & NO 8TD & No 8TQ and car is a EU car. SLI is working and all these 3 only updates speed from SLI readings so no extra hardware is needed except those Basically it should work with the correct coding. I've tried as many combinations as I can but couldn't make it work.

Since as you said there are tons of parameters in SAS related with these features (also same in KOMBI and NBT), it is nearly impossible to find the right ones to change because you need a test drive to check if it works and you need a road where speed limit changes and you can use ACC without having any traffic problems.

I activated the idrive menu related with adjust speed according to limit function. I can check the check box of it but as soon as I start driving it greys out and says this feature doesn't present.

So I really would appreciate if someone can share his CAFD files who has these features working in their cars

Regarding the DSC ECU all parameters seems same as the SAS ECU. Both wert values and their names. Are they redundant?
I don't think ACC SnGo is enough. That's option 5DF.
Do you also have option 5AT on your car? If not, then I think you're missing the hardware to get these features.

But anyway, they are incredibly annoying if turned on, I used them for a week or so and then turned them all off.
So my advice is, don't bother.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2020, 04:35 AM   #36
ejlover06
First Lieutenant
Turkey
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by matbl View Post
I don't think ACC SnGo is enough. That's option 5DF.
Do you also have option 5AT on your car? If not, then I think you're missing the hardware to get these features.

But anyway, they are incredibly annoying if turned on, I used them for a week or so and then turned them all off.
So my advice is, don't bother.
I have KAFAS4 from 5AS and a working SLI. Front radar is not needed for these options, so no missing hardware

Can you please share cafd/fwl files so I can find the parameters I've missed to activate them?
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2020, 04:07 AM   #37
ejlover06
First Lieutenant
Turkey
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifr View Post

ISA requires:

VIP DSC prob not needed.

OK now I've understood that code Thanks

I only have 1734 on my car. May I VO code and add 74 to the car without any major problems (because the lack of front radar and other hardware there will be some error codes I assume)? After that I'll just save the CAFD files and remove 74 from VO code and use the values from saved CAFD files to code ISA won't make it work right?

But for VZA values related with is active by default so why is it not working?
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2020, 01:52 PM   #38
ejlover06
First Lieutenant
Turkey
Rep

Question

Quote:

I've activated EDP which puts the LIMIT ASSIST on the HUD and KOMBI. It also asks to update the Speed Limit set +buffer set on the idrive menu

Problem is in the Speed Assistance Menu in the iDrive it says that this function is limited in my country.

It only updates speed at the "Limit" function. It does nothing on the "Cruise Control" speed. I thinks that's why it is limited in my country.

I've changed all 4 parameters for EDP_Land_activ and C_EDP_SLI_aktiv into FF FF FF FF but it doesn't change anything

What countries are these 4? Why there is only 4? It seems that it doesn't include my country (Car is ECE version: Turkey). But I've changed COUNTRY_SLINPI_MODE into 00 00 00.... (59 of them then FF FF for more than 50) version. I also can't see the upcoming speed limit as a white sign on the KOMBI.

Does your currently set cruise speed changes (green set icon appears near speed limit) while driving?? If so can you send CAFD so I can compare? CAFD verification files I've generated doesn't work for me for this option.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2020, 02:23 PM   #39
SteveinArizona
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e

Someone help me understand why this is not simply a party trick. Is it really that hard to change a lane that one needs the car to do it without our steering input?
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2020, 02:30 PM   #40
mffarrell
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 M550i Porsche 911 turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveinArizona View Post
Someone help me understand why this is not simply a party trick. Is it really that hard to change a lane that one needs the car to do it without our steering input?
Just another electronic doo dad that fill fail.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2020, 02:53 PM   #41
roxxor
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveinArizona View Post
Just like Remote Controlled Parking and, if you get technical about it, any of the other Driver Assist systems. None of it is really needed at the end of the day, just a nice feature to have, imo.
Appreciate 1
      03-09-2020, 02:54 PM   #42
roxxor
Major
Rep

Quote:
I've activated EDP which puts the LIMIT ASSIST on the HUD and KOMBI. It also asks to update the Speed Limit set +buffer set on the idrive menu

Problem is in the Speed Assistance Menu in the iDrive it says that this function is limited in my country.

It only updates speed at the "Limit" function. It does nothing on the "Cruise Control" speed. I thinks that's why it is limited in my country.

I've changed all 4 parameters for EDP_Land_activ and C_EDP_SLI_aktiv into FF FF FF FF but it doesn't change anything

What countries are these 4? Why there is only 4? It seems that it doesn't include my country (Car is ECE version: Turkey). But I've changed COUNTRY_SLINPI_MODE into 00 00 00.... (59 of them then FF FF for more than 50) version. I also can't see the upcoming speed limit as a white sign on the KOMBI.

Does your currently set cruise speed changes (green set icon appears near speed limit) while driving?? If so can you send CAFD so I can compare? CAFD verification files I've generated doesn't work for me for this option.
Sorry, I really don't know much about the EDP features or coding it to being active. Like I mentioned, I had enabled the ISA feature on my X3, but when I swapped laptops I lost most of the coding files I had from the X3, and I started fresh on my new laptop.
Appreciate 1
ejlover06104.50
      03-09-2020, 02:57 PM   #43
mrgicm
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW M

Did you try to VO code SAS with for example german version some other country?
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2020, 05:51 PM   #44
SteveinArizona
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e

Quote:
Just like Remote Controlled Parking and, if you get technical about it, any of the other Driver Assist systems. None of it is really needed at the end of the day, just a nice feature to have, imo.
I think there is a difference between a blind spot warning and an assist in changing lanes. The former, IMHO, while may not be "needed" is certainly useful. The same can't be said for the lane change assistant.

As to Adaptive cruise control, it is a convenience feature. One can argue that the lane change assistant is also a convenience feature but I think of it more as a trick.

Sort of akin to remote parking but remote parking can have a value -- if you park your car and when you return you find out that some jerk has parked so close to you that you can't get into your car. Then remote control parking has value. But, again, to me the lane change assistant is merely a cute trick to show your passenger.
Appreciate 0