BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum iDrive, Audio, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics + Coding ACC Retrofit Kits

10-25-2020, 11:47 PM   #23
Moozin
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 540i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrBull View Post
Most of the people will tell you that’s it’s difficult, a nightmare and better to find a new car. It was my case when I asked about retrofit the acc or driving assistant plus. This will be all the info you will find about retrofitting ACC or DAPlus.

I like when people say it is almost impossible. After some months of preparation, I completely retrofitted by myself.

Good luck
Hi, so did you manage to retrofit ACC/DAP successfully. As per my post above I am in the process of working out the part numbers / costs as well. Can you help at all confirming the part numbers and guide about the wiring harness. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2020, 03:00 AM   #24
Moozin
Enlisted Member
Rep

Massive Help - Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickco43 View Post
If you want to DIY it I would give this a read: https://www.drive2.ru/l/522910139057964226/

Massive help.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2020, 03:03 AM   #25
Moozin
Enlisted Member
Rep

help

Quote:
I’m pretty sure as I already retrofit my G30 (5AT).

Depending on the parts that you car already have, you will need some additional parts. It is not difficult but takes time to collect the parts, build the wiring harness and code the ECUs. Cost is about $2K.
Thanks for the confidence. Would you be able to guide about FSC codes required and how to go about getting these, as well as coding guidance.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2020, 06:36 AM   #26
Kimi_76
Finland
Rep
Drives: g31 '17

hi.

Same questions in this other thread ... but no answer
https://g30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1714541

I'm trying to solve needed parts for ACC, and for HBA.

-K
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2020, 04:54 AM   #27
ejlover06
First Lieutenant
Turkey
Rep
Drives: 2017 G30 520 1.6lt

Quote:

Depending on the parts that you car already have, you will need some additional parts. It is not difficult but takes time to collect the parts, build the wiring harness and code the ECUs. Cost is about $2K.
I have a 5AS (and normal parking assist S5DM)on the car, and retrofitting ACC doesn't need DSC right?

Only purchasing front radar, holder, wheel buttons and wiring is enough?

After this retrofit, which Driving Assistant Plus features can also be activated (such as lane change assist, etc.)? Can we also add 2 front bumper corner sensors or will they be needed?
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2020, 11:10 PM   #28
frzntax
Rep
Drives: 2018 M550i xD

Hey everyone - sorry for lack of recent updates, but I ended up swapping out the car today with another M550 with DAP that recently came on the radar (and has luxury seating, DHP, B&W sound, piano trim, and my preferred color) so really it ended up being similar to a new build I had in mind for the (now distant) future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejlover06 View Post
I have a 5AS (and normal parking assist S5DM)on the car, and retrofitting ACC doesn't need DSC right?

Only purchasing front radar, holder, wheel buttons and wiring is enough?

After this retrofit, which Driving Assistant Plus features can also be activated (such as lane change assist, etc.)? Can we also add 2 front bumper corner sensors or will they be needed?
If you can, I recommend reaching out to EleBest or Group Buy Auto - they did offer a full DAP option (not just ACC) that would involve more sensors. I never got a quote on that package, but clearly they have the ability to provide the kit and all coding, sensor calibration needed. Note that you can also install all of the hardware, and then code at a later time. On my previous build, I also had 5AS but ZPK/5DN (parking assist plus). Their claim was that no DSC was needed, nor FSC app code. Not sure if this translates into the same for S5DM, but they can also reference your VIN and advise accordingly.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2020, 02:32 AM   #29
ejlover06
First Lieutenant
Turkey
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by frzntax View Post
Hey everyone - sorry for lack of recent updates, but I ended up swapping out the car today with another M550 with DAP that recently came on the radar (and has luxury seating, DHP, B&W sound, piano trim, and my preferred color) so really it ended up being similar to a new build I had in mind for the (now distant) future.

If you can, I recommend reaching out to EleBest or Group Buy Auto - they did offer a full DAP option (not just ACC) that would involve more sensors. I never got a quote on that package, but clearly they have the ability to provide the kit and all coding, sensor calibration needed. Note that you can also install all of the hardware, and then code at a later time. On my previous build, I also had 5AS but ZPK/5DN (parking assist plus). Their claim was that no DSC was needed, nor FSC app code. Not sure if this translates into the same for S5DM, but they can also reference your VIN and advise accordingly.
Thanks I've found Group Buy Auto on facebook but they didn't reply yet. EleBest doesn't seem to have G30 parts on their web page but I'll ask them also
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2020, 07:53 AM   #30
frzntax
Rep
Drives: 2018 M550i xD

EleBest was a little more responsive in terms of detail, and they were the ones that offered complete DAP. Yeah, sometimes slow due to time difference (GMT +8) but if I message them in the middle of the night I get a more fluid dialog!
Appreciate 1
ejlover06104.50
      02-13-2021, 04:38 AM   #31
Frozen Fractals
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 540i xDrive

I'm trying to get ACC (S5DFA) retrofitted on my G30. I have S5ASA and S5DNA, so I don't think I need a new DSC module or the SAS module.

Assuming this, I would need the radar sensor, radome cover, bracket for sensor, grille with cutout for radome and mounting hardware for bracket. However, I cannot seem to wrap my head around the wiring harnesses required.

I know my car already has some wiring harness for the front-end/bumper for the active shutters and the PDC sensors. Bimmercat (https://bimmercat.com/bmw/en/search/...58/USA/61_5010) has two P/Ns for the wiring harness, 61129395453 (set of cables, front bumper) and 61129855638/61126991536 (cable set, front end). Not sure which of those two I would need. Also, do I need the wiring to connect to the SAS module?

Any insight would be much appreciated!
2018 G30 540i xDrive M Sport | Carbon Black Metallic | KW V3 Coilovers | F90 Suspension | F90 Brakes | 20" HRE FF10 Liquid Black Wheels | Michelin Pilot Sport 4S Tires | Ivory White Dakota Leather | Carbon Fiber Trim | Executive Package | Bowers & Wilkins Diamond Surround Sound System | JL Audio 12W6v3 and XD600/1v2 | Ceramic Controls | BM3 Stage 2+ E50 ECU Tune | xHP Stage 3 TCU Tune | Dorch Stage 2 HPFP | MST Cold Air Intake | FTP Chargepipe | AA Catted Downpipe | Remus Catback Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2021, 04:23 AM   #32
ejlover06
First Lieutenant
Turkey
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen Fractals View Post
I'm trying to get ACC (S5DFA) retrofitted on my G30. I have S5ASA and S5DNA, so I don't think I need a new DSC module or the SAS module.

Assuming this, I would need the radar sensor, radome cover, bracket for sensor, grille with cutout for radome and mounting hardware for bracket. However, I cannot seem to wrap my head around the wiring harnesses required.

I know my car already has some wiring harness for the front-end/bumper for the active shutters and the PDC sensors. Bimmercat (https://bimmercat.com/bmw/en/search/...58/USA/61_5010) has two P/Ns for the wiring harness, 61129395453 (set of cables, front bumper) and 61129855638/61126991536 (cable set, front end). Not sure which of those two I would need. Also, do I need the wiring to connect to the SAS module?

Any insight would be much appreciated!
You'll also need the Steering Wheel Buttons And there is still some discussion going on for the need to replace whole steering wheel with the pressure sensor that detects driver's hands are on the wheel
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2021, 01:27 PM   #33
Frozen Fractals
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 540i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejlover06 View Post
You'll also need the Steering Wheel Buttons And there is still some discussion going on for the need to replace whole steering wheel with the pressure sensor that detects driver's hands are on the wheel
I did purchase the steering wheel buttons for ACC. However, I do not think I need the pressure sensors, since I am not retrofitting the full Driving Assistant Plus with self-driving features (e.g. active lane keeping assistant, etc.). I am just looking to retrofit ACC with automatic stop/go, but not steering assistant whatsoever.

That guide from the Russian guy seems pretty good. It's just I am still confused about the wiring harness required.

The wiring diagram for B202 (connector for the ACC radar) seems to indicate 5 wires which need to be connected to different modules. The connector itself is 8 pins, but only 5 of the 8 pins are actually used. Two of those wires connect to the SAS (optional extras) module carrying Ethernet traffic via the X149*2B connector on the front driver left side. Two other wires from the ACC module carrying KL 15 power and ground connect to the Z44 (front power distribution box) module via the X148*1B connector on the front passenger right side. The fifth/last wire is connected to the radome heater.

From the factory, my car doesn't have any of those wires, so I will need to run two new wires from ACC to SAS for Ethernet through the driver side firewall. Also, I will need to run one wire from ACC to Z44 for KL 15 power through the passenger side firewall. The ground wire is connect to X148*1B connector which already has a ground wire on it from the factory.

I think I understand that part clearly. My confusion comes from which wiring harness actually is used. That Russian guy above tells to use 61129395453. However, according to the catalog there is another wiring harness, 61126991536. The former (453) is labeled as front bumper wiring harness while the latter (536) is labeled as front end wiring harness. Based on my Google Images searches, it looks like 61126991536 is the actual correct wiring harness which are associated with X148*1B and X149*2B which are used to wire to the ACC module. 61129395453 looks like it is for the front bumper wiring which connects X148*2B connector to the front PDC sensors and fog lights on the bumper itself. However, I am not 100% certain...I'd like to have someone who's done this confirm my hunches
2018 G30 540i xDrive M Sport | Carbon Black Metallic | KW V3 Coilovers | F90 Suspension | F90 Brakes | 20" HRE FF10 Liquid Black Wheels | Michelin Pilot Sport 4S Tires | Ivory White Dakota Leather | Carbon Fiber Trim | Executive Package | Bowers & Wilkins Diamond Surround Sound System | JL Audio 12W6v3 and XD600/1v2 | Ceramic Controls | BM3 Stage 2+ E50 ECU Tune | xHP Stage 3 TCU Tune | Dorch Stage 2 HPFP | MST Cold Air Intake | FTP Chargepipe | AA Catted Downpipe | Remus Catback Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2021, 01:11 PM   #34
mittu
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 530d xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moozin View Post
Did you go ahead with it then ? I am in the same boat and have been working out the parts / coding required for ACC retrofit. I have parking assistant plus so already have the DSC Pump. I do not have any driving assistant packages at the moment. This might help you as well if you want to source the parts out yourself and then get these installed locally and then just get it coded locally/remotely.
Hi pal, I'm trying to do this retrofit. My car has parking assistant. Ive swapped out the steering wheel buttons to the necessary ones.

Bought radar/ bracket/ grill/ loom connectors. could do with a basic installation guide/ wire pining for radar loom.

p.s. at £250 you scored a good deal for installation, loom, coding and calibration.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2021, 04:21 AM   #35
Moozin
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen Fractals View Post
I did purchase the steering wheel buttons for ACC. However, I do not think I need the pressure sensors, since I am not retrofitting the full Driving Assistant Plus with self-driving features (e.g. active lane keeping assistant, etc.). I am just looking to retrofit ACC with automatic stop/go, but not steering assistant whatsoever.

That guide from the Russian guy seems pretty good. It's just I am still confused about the wiring harness required.

The wiring diagram for B202 (connector for the ACC radar) seems to indicate 5 wires which need to be connected to different modules. The connector itself is 8 pins, but only 5 of the 8 pins are actually used. Two of those wires connect to the SAS (optional extras) module carrying Ethernet traffic via the X149*2B connector on the front driver left side. Two other wires from the ACC module carrying KL 15 power and ground connect to the Z44 (front power distribution box) module via the X148*1B connector on the front passenger right side. The fifth/last wire is connected to the radome heater.

From the factory, my car doesn't have any of those wires, so I will need to run two new wires from ACC to SAS for Ethernet through the driver side firewall. Also, I will need to run one wire from ACC to Z44 for KL 15 power through the passenger side firewall. The ground wire is connect to X148*1B connector which already has a ground wire on it from the factory.

I think I understand that part clearly. My confusion comes from which wiring harness actually is used. That Russian guy above tells to use 61129395453. However, according to the catalog there is another wiring harness, 61126991536. The former (453) is labeled as front bumper wiring harness while the latter (536) is labeled as front end wiring harness. Based on my Google Images searches, it looks like 61126991536 is the actual correct wiring harness which are associated with X148*1B and X149*2B which are used to wire to the ACC module. 61129395453 looks like it is for the front bumper wiring which connects X148*2B connector to the front PDC sensors and fog lights on the bumper itself. However, I am not 100% certain...I'd like to have someone who's done this confirm my hunches

Hi mate,

Got anywhere with this ? Thanks
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2021, 04:23 AM   #36
Moozin
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mittu View Post
Hi pal, I'm trying to do this retrofit. My car has parking assistant. Ive swapped out the steering wheel buttons to the necessary ones.

Bought radar/ bracket/ grill/ loom connectors. could do with a basic installation guide/ wire pining for radar loom.

p.s. at £250 you scored a good deal for installation, loom, coding and calibration.
Hi,

I got side tracked mate. Apologies have not sorted it out yet. Thinking of getting ACC sorted first and then look into DAP but makes sense to do DAP to save time. Decisions ..
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2023, 07:17 AM   #37
Vanesso
Finland
Rep
Drives: G31 540xd

Quote:

Hi Bro,

Glad to know you made it happen. I am in the middle of the same road now. A used ACC module & relevant wiring is already in place and the car recognises the module. Close zone sensors , wiring and full option steering wheel are yet in progress.
Question to coding: do I need to write out my VIN into the ACC module in order to make it work? Or is VO coding and FSC integration to KAFAS enough?

Last edited by Vanesso; 04-17-2023 at 01:31 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2023, 01:19 AM   #38
Vanesso
Finland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanesso View Post
Hi Bro,

Glad to know you made it happen. I am in the middle of the same road now. A used ACC module & relevant wiring is already in place and the car recognises the module. Close zone sensors , wiring and full option steering wheel are yet in progress.
Question to coding: do I need to write out my VIN into the ACC module in order to make it work? Or is VO coding and FSC integration to KAFAS enough?
So I will answer myself. ACC sensor had a broken coding file (CAFD). I am not sure whether this happens in all cases when ECU installed to another car or is it I who just bought a crashed ECU. Anyways, easy fix via esys. "Detect CAD for SWE" -> code. My ACC is green in the ISTA tree now. 5AT coding will be done a bit later.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2023, 05:07 AM   #39
Vanesso
Finland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanesso View Post
So I will answer myself. ACC sensor had a broken coding file (CAFD). I am not sure whether this happens in all cases when ECU installed to another car or is it I who just bought a crashed ECU. Anyways, easy fix via esys. "Detect CAD for SWE" -> code. My ACC is green in the ISTA tree now. 5AT coding will be done a bit later.
Update. After coding everything, I faced the "lack of visibility " message popping up in 15s after the start of driving. The plate base is removed. Has anybody faced the same ?
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2023, 04:51 AM   #40
supercyprien
Rep
Drives: 530xd G31, Mini R56, BMW bikes

Hello,

I'm trying this retrofit too.
How did you plug the power line to the fusebox : did you use the fusebox under the glovebox ?
In this case, how did you remove it to access its backside to plug the power line to the fuse #92 ?

Thank you for advance !
Appreciate 0