BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum Wheels | Tires | Suspension | Brakes | Chassis spring and spacer question for M550i xDrive

01-23-2021, 11:46 AM   #1
skibumajg
Registered
Rep
Drives: M550i xDrive

spring and spacer question for M550i xDrive

I currently run the factory 19in wheels and M adaptive suspension. I love the ride quality as is but would like a slightly lower more aggressive look (not at all slammed). I'm going to move to 20in HREs. Two questions; 1. Does anyone have suggestions for springs that would slightly lower the car 1inchish but maintain the ride quality and 2. what size spacers would be suggested if any? Thanks!
Appreciate 1
      01-23-2021, 03:26 PM   #2
Superjackson
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: M550i

Dinan springs lower the car 0.75inches and it should maintain ride quality. H&r springs lower by over an inch and they were unpleasant when I used them because they'd bottom out and scrape over bigger bumps.
Also, how come you want spacers if you are going for aftermarket HRE wheels that I assume will fit properly?
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2021, 03:59 PM   #3
skibumajg
Registered
Rep
Drives: M550i xDrive

Thank you for the Dinan Suggestions. Maybe I won't need spacers per your sugguestion. I was looking at my factory wheels thinking they could be pushed out a bit so if the HRE offsets are correct I imagine they wouldn't.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2021, 02:32 PM   #4
particulardude
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: LR4 | L405 SC SWB

skibumajg whoa - I was literally about to make a near identical post.

I'm curious what HRE design(s) you are looking at - please PM !

I think I'll keep things square but want to go as wide as possible (flush obv).

I'm still curious for any OE 19" (664M) spacer suggestions (suggestions + pics would be appreciated) as I will likely hang on to these and use for a 'winter' setup on the OE all seasons.

Instagram@particulardude

Last edited by particulardude; 01-24-2021 at 06:02 PM..
Appreciate 0