BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum iDrive, Audio, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics + Coding Driver profile not loading

02-22-2021, 04:17 AM   #1
moscab
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 5 Series 530d MY2020

Driver profile not loading

Been having a weird issue with regards to the user profiles in iDrive 7 (MY2020)

We have two keys, mine is only used on weekends, the wife's used during the week.

When I drive on Saturdays I take my key and the profile is always loaded correctly into my account, user name, seat, wheel, mirrors adjustments.

However on Mondays when the wife take the car she never get her profile set automatically as I do on Saturdays.
She then have to go to the menu to select her profile and it's fine for the rest of the week.

My key is always stored in a Faraday pouch in the house so it's not even the case of the car catching my key signal.

On a Monday I tried to set her profile and locked the car straight after using her key so it would "pair" the key to her profile but the issue keeps coming back on Mondays.

It's always fine when I take the car with my keys provided the last profile was hers.

Is there anything else I could try guys?
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2021, 03:48 AM   #2
bluzbra
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 M550i / '20 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by moscab View Post
Been having a weird issue with regards to the user profiles in iDrive 7 (MY2020)

We have two keys, mine is only used on weekends, the wife's used during the week.

When I drive on Saturdays I take my key and the profile is always loaded correctly into my account, user name, seat, wheel, mirrors adjustments.

However on Mondays when the wife take the car she never get her profile set automatically as I do on Saturdays.
She then have to go to the menu to select her profile and it's fine for the rest of the week.

My key is always stored in a Faraday pouch in the house so it's not even the case of the car catching my key signal.

On a Monday I tried to set her profile and locked the car straight after using her key so it would "pair" the key to her profile but the issue keeps coming back on Mondays.

It's always fine when I take the car with my keys provided the last profile was hers.

Is there anything else I could try guys?
You need to link her profile to her key in the settings. Otherwise it won't know to save her settings with her key. And make sure she does this only when her key is in the car (if you're with her inside the car to help, leave your key outside the car). I had the same issue with our 2020 X5, also iDrive 7. Works perfect now after linking my key to my profile and wife's key to her profile. Hope that helps!