BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum 2017+ BMW 5 Series (G30) General Discussions Bluestone Metallic and Night Blue Upholstery

08-19-2018, 05:13 AM   #67
Kekkek
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e

Geting Used to it

Reserved my 1 year old on sale at a dealer in Bavaria, jumped on the plane next morning to Munich and drove rental to dealer to find out the one thing I had somehow missed on the list of option was the NightBlue leather. 😕Looked so black on the pictures.
For a moment I considered aborting the mission, but my wife instantly liked it, and after a while looking at the car the color did slowly start look more acceptable.

Now, one week later I do like it, it does go really well with the Bluestone metallic, but I still think that on some areas black plastic / blue leather does not match well. To me the most noticeable to me is the passenger door window buttons large black plastic plate. The blue leather makes it stand out and make it look overseized for one button.
Would though do so with any other leather except black...

Anyway, much more practical than fully black and looks great with the blue on blue ambient light
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2018, 08:38 AM   #68
Roger_M
Private First Class
Luxembourg
Rep
Drives: M550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedpause View Post
Jedpause,

Just seen your pictures and I think the color combo is fr*ggin awesome!!!

I know it's difficult to get the reality without seeing the car itself, but I can imagine it, sooooo cool!

Always great to come across someone else with impeccable taste....

Regards,
R
      09-02-2018, 01:13 AM   #69
mpress
Private
Rep
Drives: 2012 gt 550

Bluestone and night blue are awesome....first non carbon black with black in a decade and i am in love... tweaked the exterior as i like bluestone with additional black trim... night blue interior never comes up as special in pics, and i was lucky enoug to see a few....hands down tough i think cove matte wood with the brushed aluminum and night blue leather is hands down winner for ciurrent color combos.... a number of employees at my dealer have already ordered their cars this way... and while i might still tuen more heads with my 61 porsche, this new g30 comes close lately..
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
clee1982797.50
      09-03-2018, 03:08 AM   #70
Frederick18
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i xdrive

mpress: love your pictures but I am somewhat biased. I just got a bluestone/night blue 540. As the other posters have mentioned, you can’t get any sense from the configurator as to what the night blue really looks like. I am really enjoying the color combo. I was originally going to go with a black interior until I saw the night blue.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2018, 12:08 AM   #71
mpress
Private
Rep
Drives: 2012 gt 550

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frederick18 View Post
mpress: love your pictures but I am somewhat biased. I just got a bluestone/night blue 540. As the other posters have mentioned, you can’t get any sense from the configurator as to what the night blue really looks like. I am really enjoying the color combo. I was originally going to go with a black interior until I saw the night blue.
i know i posted these because i felt they were a little better then most people can find..but i still have not pulled out my dslr, and tried to really capture the exact color of night blue..no matter what pic i see they are always to bright and more purplish then night blue actually is... i was going black as well and so glad i went NB i get so many compliments on it and i still love getting into the car each day.. and bluestone just has so many of its own looks depending on the light.... my carbon black was like that going from black to blue depending on the light but bluestone is just beautiful in every light ...
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2018, 04:25 PM   #72
M60WEB
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 530d SE G31 Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedpause View Post
So, I discovered today that somehow the lease company screwed up my order, and it can't be changed without causing further delay... my car is in production now...

Question: anyone seem Night Blue Upholstery in the new G30 in real life? What are your thoughts. (I have Bluestone Metallic on order)

The online configurator probably does not do it justice, BMW Sales Exec says Night Blue 'looks great' in the flesh...

I ordered LCNL (Black with blue stitching/piping), but they somehow got Night Blue because of the abbreviated description on the lease order site... I really didn't want blue leather !

I know it is personal preference... I just think blue and a black dash clashes

Maybe I'm biased but had an E60 535d LCI in space grey with Dark Blue Leather comfort seats.
It was quite dark and very similar to the current night blue.
Lots of people commented on how great it looked and contrasted well with the light grey exterior.
Looked pretty classy and still looked great after 4 years.
When it came to selling i had no problem. Pictures of upholstery never look that realistic in my view,and lots of people go with the safe option of Black, black and more black.
If you hate Blue, change it... otherwise it's something different and quite practical as well, not showing up wear and marks easily.
2015 VW Touareg 262 R-Line / Canyon Grey
2008 E60 535d LCI / Space Grey
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2018, 10:20 PM   #73
don1234
Rep
Drives: 2018 540i

I ordered the Bluestone with Cognac interior. Only one I've seen. I have seen the dark blue interior and it almost looks black. I do not think it is objectionable except to real purists.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2019, 01:54 AM   #74
bavarianboar
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 540i, 2020 430i

Came here looking for interior pics of Midnight blue.

Random Musings:

BMW's time to payback for all the Blue Jeans dye transfer?

Or they figured they could avoid this complaint by making Blue Dakota seats

Driving: 2020 540i M-Sport Carbon Black, Ivory Nappa - Dec 2019 BTO - Feb 2020 Delivery
Returned: 2016 535i M-Sport Carbon Black, Ivory Nappa :: 2014 F30 335i M-Sport Min Grey, Coral Red :: 2011 E90 328i Deep Sea Blue, Oyster Dakota
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2019, 11:15 AM   #75
Warp Ten
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 540xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bavarianboar View Post
Came here looking for interior pics of Midnight blue.

Random Musings:

BMW's time to payback for all the Blue Jeans dye transfer?

Or they figured they could avoid this complaint by making Blue Dakota seats
My own random musings:

My third BMW was a 1980 530i in White with a dark blue interior. It was my wife's favorite color combination and I agree it looked great. But they they stopped offering it for a long time. Wife has had several white/beige 3 series cars but when it is time for a new one I hope dark blue will be on the option list for a 3 series. --Bob