BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum iDrive, Audio, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics + Coding Full Adaptive ICON LED lights decoded for the US?

01-29-2019, 04:07 AM   #45
louisp_p
Rep
Drives: M550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almaretto View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCFans01 View Post
I need it. How does one do this? I can't PM you for some reason. Thank you in advance.

PM'd you.
May I know a little more detail on the cost/accessories needed on decoding icon led too? Thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2019, 07:56 PM   #46
Almaretto
Major General
Rep
Drives: Test Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by louisp_p View Post
May I know a little more detail on the cost/accessories needed on decoding icon led too? Thanks
PM Sent
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2019, 09:02 PM   #47
rmm805
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
PM Sent
Could you send me the details too please?
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2019, 09:45 PM   #48
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmm805 View Post
Could you send me the details too please?
PM Sent
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2019, 09:55 PM   #49
saporitj
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540ix M Sport

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by louisp_p View Post
PM Sent
I would appreciate this information also. No-dazzle and VLD.
      01-29-2019, 10:11 PM   #50
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by saporitj View Post
I would appreciate this information also. No-dazzle and VLD.
PM Sent. Please do not make this a Request details thread. Feel free to PM me directly with questions.

List in Profile.

For remote coding, you would need
  • ENET Cable (Ebay or Amazon)
  • Computer with Windows 7-10 (Native or Bootcamp)
  • Wifi From vehicle
  • Provided E-sys
  • Teamviewer Remote software
Appreciate 1
clee1982796.00
      02-23-2019, 01:47 PM   #51
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW XM Label

Garage List
Quote:
PM Sent. Please do not make this a Request details thread. Feel free to PM me directly with questions.

List in Profile.

• Wifi From vehicle
  • Provided E-sys
I’m ready.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2019, 09:23 PM   #52
thomed11
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M550ix, Porsche 993TT

Smile Euro VLD & Auto High Beams

I'd like to do this also, on my 2018 G30 M550. Had this coded on my 2014 F10 535d, and loved it, until the darn dealer reprogrammed the entire car when I had Idrive screen blackout issues. I think I have all the hardware needed, I would just need the software link, and of course, your programming skills.

Thanks for PM.

Tom D.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2019, 02:30 PM   #53
knighttfury
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW 540i

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualGuitars View Post
Quote:

List in [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Profile[/COLOR].

• Wifi From vehicle
  • Provided E-sys
I’m ready.
has this been done? how do you like it? thanks
      05-25-2019, 04:29 PM   #54
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by knighttfury View Post
Video: https://f90.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...php?p=24049624
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2019, 06:51 PM   #55
saporitj
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540ix M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by knighttfury View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualGuitars View Post
Quote:

List in [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Profile[/COLOR].

• Wifi From vehicle
  • Provided E-sys
I'm ready.
Almaretto did this on my 430i. It works really nice. High beams are on more often and no one has flashed their lights at me yet. Only suggestion is to have Almaretto code the regular HBA function to position 2 so you have both. He told me afterwards so I still need to have him do this because then I'll have the best of both worlds.
      01-14-2020, 10:41 AM   #56
Mach550
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M550i

Garage List
2019 BMW M550i  [8.00]
Sorry to bump an old thread, is anyone else able to code this since Almaretto has been away for a while now?
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2020, 11:26 AM   #57
roxxor
Major
Rep
Drives: 2024 iX50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach550 View Post
Sorry to bump an old thread, is anyone else able to code this since Almaretto has been away for a while now?
Not that I know of, as I believe the detailed changes he made were never posted anywhere. With that said, if anyone who has had it done would be willing to share their files, it wouldn't be difficult to analyze and reproduce what had been changed.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2020, 05:34 AM   #58
Frozen Fractals
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 540i xDrive

I've coded NGHB and VLD on my G30. The method I used is not as "clean" as Almaretto/others, but it does work.

Basically, you will need to use E-Sys to do the following:
- Remove 5AP and 8S4 from FA. VO code both BDC_BODY2 and KAFAS4 modules.
- Remove 5AP and 8S4 from FA and change type code to ECE. VO code both FLM modules.

After that, you should have both NGHB and VLD. Note: the only side effect I've noticed is the loss of the front sidemarker lights. In any case, by coding NGHB and VLD, your lights are illegal anyhow, so the lack of those sidemarker lights is a moot point. I've been using it for a few weeks and it seems to be working properly. I haven't had anyone flash me and the tunneling affect when you're behind another car seems to also work properly.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2020, 04:19 PM   #59
roxxor
Major
Rep

So does your light tunnel actual look proper, as in |___| when forming? Just seeing if the G30 is different from the G01 X3. I did my coding the same way on my G01, and my lights would “work” in that same sense as you described, but the light pattern would always look like /\___/\
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2020, 03:52 AM   #60
Frozen Fractals
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxxor View Post
So does your light tunnel actual look proper, as in |___| when forming? Just seeing if the G30 is different from the G01 X3. I did my coding the same way on my G01, and my lights would “work” in that same sense as you described, but the light pattern would always look like /\___/\
Now that you mention it, it does look more like \___/ as opposed to |___|. Apparently there's a test plan in ISTA+ which allows you to see it clearly. When I get some time this weekend, I will check it out.

If it is indeed the case, then I wonder if fully functioning NGHB is truly possible with US headlights? I know we have roughly 90% of the functionality of ECE headlights. We can get the beam splitting, etc. but seem to still be missing the full shadowbox/tunneling effect to prevent glaring those directly in front of us. I will try and do FDL comparison of FLE, KAFAS and BDC modules. Wonder if there exists different FDLs between US and ECE in the KAFAS or BDC modules?
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2020, 08:44 AM   #61
roxxor
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen Fractals View Post
Now that you mhttps://g30.bimmerpost.com/forums/images/smilies/iono.gifention it, it does look more like \___/ as opposed to |___|. Apparently there's a test plan in ISTA+ which allows you to see it clearly. When I get some time this weekend, I will check it out.

If it is indeed the case, then I wonder if fully functioning NGHB is truly possible with US headlights? I know we have roughly 90% of the functionality of ECE headlights. We can get the beam splitting, etc. but seem to still be missing the full shadowbox/tunneling effect to prevent glaring those directly in front of us. I will try and do FDL comparison of FLE, KAFAS and BDC modules. Wonder if there exists different FDLs between US and ECE in the KAFAS or BDC modules?
I can definitely save you the time on that one, I did quite a bit of comparing between the US and ECE FDLs on the X3, and there are a ton of differences. Many others have wondered the same thing about it being a hardware difference, but could never conclusively get that answer. I haven't been able to find anyone who had the coding done by almaretto to ask them what their tunnel looks like to see if it truly makes the |___| pattern, and back when he was active, the answer when asking him about the tunnel was "that the coding works".
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2020, 04:38 PM   #62
xc3
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M550i xDrive

Quote:
I can definitely save you the time on that one, I did quite a bit of comparing between the US and ECE FDLs on the X3, and there are a ton of differences. Many others have wondered the same thing about it being a hardware difference, but could never conclusively get that answer. I haven't been able to find anyone who had the coding done by almaretto to ask them what their tunnel looks like to see if it truly makes the |___| pattern, and back when he was active, the answer when asking him about the tunnel was "that the coding works".
But at the same time doing as suggested above still would enable tunneling effect, correct? Got imported US - spec G30 in Europe, recoded everything to ECE standards, but HBA and VDL are not working as far as I see it now.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2020, 04:44 PM   #63
roxxor
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by xc3 View Post
But at the same time doing as suggested above still would enable tunneling effect, correct? Got imported US - spec G30 in Europe, recoded everything to ECE standards, but HBA and VDL are not working as far as I see it now.
Yes, coding to ECE should still give you at least the tunneling effect if you have the high-end ICON lights and removed the 8S4 and 5AP codes from your VO list. The only difference is if it gives you the full tunnel that Euro cars would have, or the semi-working version that seems to be how it is on US cars.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2020, 07:30 PM   #64
Frozen Fractals
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Thanks. So you went in and compared the ECE and US FDLs and then made the surgical edits and coded both FLMs? After doing that you still didn't get the proper shadow box effect? If that is the case, then there must be something else that needs to be edited in coding (perhaps KAFAS or BDC_BODY?) or maybe indeed there is a hardware missing in US vs ECE headlights?
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2020, 07:44 AM   #65
roxxor
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen Fractals View Post
Thanks. So you went in and compared the ECE and US FDLs and then made the surgical edits and coded both FLMs? After doing that you still didn't get the proper shadow box effect? If that is the case, then there must be something else that needs to be edited in coding (perhaps KAFAS or BDC_BODY?) or maybe indeed there is a hardware missing in US vs ECE headlights?
No, I didn't actually copy the changes, I just changed my VO to the ECE version of the car and coded the FLM, BDC, and Kafas to the ECE version (which is also how I got the rear fog lights working). Thus, why I think it might be hardware-related, but without actually seeing the coding or talking with someone who had it done the almaretto way, I can't say for sure.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2020, 09:38 PM   #66
runbuh
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M550i

Quote:
No, I didn't actually copy the changes, I just changed my VO to the ECE version of the car and coded the FLM, BDC, and Kafas to the ECE version (which is also how I got the rear fog lights working). Thus, why I think it might be hardware-related, but without actually seeing the coding or talking with someone who had it done the almaretto way, I can't say for sure.
Can you share what you coded to get the rear fogs working (exactly)? I have the front/rear fogs-capable switch arriving next week.

If Almaretto already knows, then don't worry. When he gets back online, I'll be asking him to code my car. (no - I don't expect you to be able to read his mind, but I'm not sure if he has shared what he knows/doesn't know).
Appreciate 0