BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, Tuning Modifications Suspension for M550i

04-22-2020, 05:37 PM   #1
SXY550
Canada
Rep
Drives: M550i

Suspension for M550i

I'm looking to put some springs on my 2019 M550i. Any suggestions? My budget is around 500USD.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2020, 02:59 AM   #2
MoeMo87
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 435xi, M550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SXY550 View Post
I'm looking to put some springs on my 2019 M550i. Any suggestions? My budget is around 500USD.
Get the Dinan springs
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2020, 09:05 PM   #3
deepat04
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 M550/2019 330 M Sport

Quote:
Running HR. Highly recommend them. Drop and drive quality.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2020, 07:31 PM   #4
SXY550
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepat04 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepat04 View Post
Quote:
Is it bouncy tho? Since you are still on stock coilover. Also I heard lowering spring is very damaging to the stock coil over, is this true? Btw how long did it take you to install the springs? I saw online that you have to take your rear seats out to install the springs.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2020, 07:52 PM   #5
mokest03
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: F95 X5MCS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoeMo87 View Post
Quote:
Get the Dinan springs
Second that!
2018 440I GG
2019 M550i
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2020, 09:54 PM   #6
deepat04
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 M550/2019 330 M Sport

Quote:
Is it bouncy tho? Since you are still on stock coilover. Also I heard lowering spring is very damaging to the stock coil over, is this true? Btw how long did it take you to install the springs? I saw online that you have to take your rear seats out to install the springs.
Ride quality is really good. It will not damage your stock shocks. Dinan/HR are both reputable and invest into proper R&D prior to releasing products.

My install took about 4 hours and did require removing the rear seats. I paid $400 for the install.

Dinan will lower your car .75 all around HR 1.3 front 1.2 rear.

You can find pictures of both if you search here on the forum to help you decide
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2020, 12:30 AM   #7
Superjackson
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

I had h&r springs for a month and found them to be too low for how soft they are. In comfort mode, it was basically as soft as the stock setup while being much lower. I often had to change to sport DDC setting to not scrape on steeper ramps and driveways. Other than that, I think they are worth the money and the lowering+ more negative camber did make a decent difference in handling.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2020, 11:50 PM   #8
MoeMo87
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

I feel like the Dinan springs with the handling package worked out perfectly for me.

I wasnt going for a "slammed" look, but was rather looking for reducing wheel gap, body roll and nose lift/squat.

Here are some before and after. The first 2 pics are stock and rest are with Dinan springs installed.

I also paid 400 for installation.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-23-2021, 06:47 PM   #9
Sreinhardt9
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M550i

Quote:
I feel like the Dinan springs with the handling package worked out perfectly for me.

I wasnt going for a "slammed" look, but was rather looking for reducing wheel gap, body roll and nose lift/squat.

Here are some before and after. The first 2 pics are stock and rest are with Dinan springs installed.

Is that the M Performance rear diffuser or an aftermarket? And did you get that springs installed at bmw for 400 or another shop? Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2021, 08:08 PM   #10
PsiAddict
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i 2019 C7 GS

Quote:

How’s the ride quality and the handling with the Dinan springs, in comfort, sport etc? Better cornering?
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2021, 08:37 PM   #11
MoeMo87
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sreinhardt9 View Post
Quote:

Is that the M Performance rear diffuser or an aftermarket? And did you get that springs installed at bmw for 400 or another shop? Thanks!
That's an aftermarket diffuser from RW carbon

Springs were installed at IND's body shop called A&L
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2021, 08:43 PM   #12
MoeMo87
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsiAddict View Post
Quote:

How’s the ride quality and the handling with the Dinan springs, in comfort, sport etc? Better cornering?
I love the springs because it gave much better handling going around corners and at the same time the ride quality didn't change. Best of both worlds
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2021, 04:09 PM   #13
Sreinhardt9
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Which diffuser from RW is it? And hows the fit I know some aftermarket stuff doesn't always fit how it should? Also do you have any m performance carbon, wondering if the weave matches on the aftermarket?
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2021, 04:16 PM   #14
MoeMo87
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Which diffuser from RW is it? And hows the fit I know some aftermarket stuff doesn't always fit how it should? Also do you have any m performance carbon, wondering if the weave matches on the aftermarket?
BMW G30 EC Style Carbon Fiber Rear Diffuser.
That's the one I got.
I have the M performance spoiler and the weave pattern are the same on the diffuser.
Fitment for the diffuser is not 100 percent, I would say about 95 percent. But Nothing you or anyone else can notice unless you are specifically looking for it.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2021, 04:28 PM   #15
Sreinhardt9
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

That's the one I got.
I have the M performance spoiler and the weave pattern are the same on the diffuser.
Fitment for the diffuser is not 100 percent, I would say about 95 percent. But Nothing you or anyone else can notice unless you are specifically looking for it.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

That's the one I got.
Awesome thank you!
Appreciate 0