BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum iDrive, Audio, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics + Coding Audison apbmw k4e BMW G30

01-27-2021, 02:33 PM   #23
adr_bimmer
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW G30 520D

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaylazy2020 View Post
I agree

Once you have done one you can do it very easily.

And it's so well made it goes back together very well
Can I ask why would you go from B&W to focal or something else? I mean sure there are better things but surele B&W must be good enough Plus I would keep them for lights😂
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2021, 04:45 PM   #24
jaylazy2020
Captain
Ireland
Rep
Drives: BMW F82 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by adr_bimmer View Post
Quote:
I agree

Once you have done one you can do it very easily.

And it's so well made it goes back together very well
Can I ask why would you go from B&W to focal or something else? I mean sure there are better things but surele B&W must be good enough Plus I would keep them for lights😂
Very true and the silver carbon cones are the only ones that work with the ambient lighting.

It's just the weight of the overall speaker seems less than say the Etons

It's a shame bmw don't use a larger front door speaker like the Bose in an A6 or 911

No replacement for displacement.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2021, 05:21 PM   #25
adr_bimmer
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW G30 520D

Quote:
Very true and the silver carbon cones are the only ones that work with the ambient lighting.

It's a shame bmw don't use a larger front door speaker like the Bose in an A6 or 911

I mean my thought was that with time the systems should just get better and better as prices come down.. and considering the price of a G30 I don’t feel like I should pay that insane premium for the top system which in all honesty is not even setting a “sound benchmark”.

But I will say this... I did have an Audi A5 that was only 2012 and I was in Love with the Bang and Olufsen that it came with it and got quiet a few compliments from people for the system.

Now obviously when I went to buy the Adison speakers and I mentioned the bang and olufsen in the audi ... the guy didn’t even let me finish my sentence and already gave me the “It’s absolutely shit”... I told him I quiet enjoyed it...he said “you haven’t heard my speakers, I tell you that!”

So people will try make you spend more either way... find something that you enjoy and are satisfied... You’ll never have the best the way technology advances but I will still stick to my statement that for a car this expensive it should have a better system.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2021, 06:55 PM   #26
jaylazy2020
Captain
Ireland
Rep
Drives: BMW F82 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by adr_bimmer View Post
Quote:

I mean my thought was that with time the systems should just get better and better as prices come down.. and considering the price of a G30 I don’t feel like I should pay that insane premium for the top system which in all honesty is not even setting a “sound benchmark”.

But I will say this... I did have an Audi A5 that was only 2012 and I was in Love with the Bang and Olufsen that it came with it and got quiet a few compliments from people for the system.

Now obviously when I went to buy the Adison speakers and I mentioned the bang and olufsen in the audi ... the guy didn’t even let me finish my sentence and already gave me the “It’s absolutely shit”... I told him I quiet enjoyed it...he said “you haven’t heard my speakers, I tell you that!”

So people will try make you spend more either way... find something that you enjoy and are satisfied... You’ll never have the best the way technology advances but I will still stick to my statement that for a car this expensive it should have a better system.
Fair points indeed.

I love the system I have but I feel it has to be pushed to that love phat sub and mid range bass from house music whereas the Bose system always felt it didn't need anymore that 60% volume
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2023, 12:37 AM   #27
pleerock
Rep
Drives: F10 535i, G30 550i

For those who are looking - you do need A4E adapter as well for G30. Just completed my installation.
Appreciate 0