BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum iDrive, Audio, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics + Coding Unable to add brand new car to Connected Drive account

02-12-2022, 06:16 AM   #1
Deeff
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M240i

Unable to add brand new car to Connected Drive account

This probably isn't as straight forward as it seems.

I'm trying to add a work car to our Connected Drive account so that we can update the maps on it. Its a 2022 G31 530 XDrive. However, it is an authorities spec vehicle (code S138), and it simply doesn't allow us to add it. We've had the issue before, but they weren't vehicles with Nav so it wasn't that much of an issue. It appears that it doesn't have connected drive.

Is there any other way to add it to the account, or if not, is there a way to update the maps correctly without sending it back to the dealer/workshop.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2024, 07:00 PM   #2
Deeff
United Kingdom
Rep

Holy thread revive Batman.

Anyway. Still haven't solved this. We now have another car, exactly the same issue. Cannot add it to Connected Drive. VIN is correct.

Another vehicle, same model and spec (but not authorities spec) works fine and has allowed us to update it, so I'm going to assume its this that is the issue.

Is there anyway to get it added to connected drive or update the maps manually without a visit to the dealer?
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2024, 06:42 AM   #3
TheNine90
Banned
Rep
Drives: bmw

You can try using different region apps to try to connect. Maps you can get fsc and update manually using USB if the map period has expired, if its still activate you only need maps and you will be able to update it.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2024, 09:22 AM   #4
Deeff
United Kingdom
Rep

What do you mean different region apps? Is there not just one app?
Appreciate 0