BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum 2017+ BMW 5 Series (G30) General Discussions Visual Comparison of G30 5 Series vs. Arch Rival E-Class

10-15-2016, 03:18 PM   #111
swanson
Convicted Felon
Rep
Drives: chariot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine535Msport View Post
Just how they gave the door panels more curves. The dash is angled more. The Center console around the shifter and the sides the whole interior has a more sensual organic look that catches my eye. It's subtle but it totally works.
But its the same thing over and over again with BMW. All the interiors look exactly the same. No styling, just nothing. Very predictable and boring. At least Mercedes styles their interiors and takes chances. The Mercedes interiors look and feel special, the BMW interiors and look and feel sterile.
Appreciate 2
Bbb34730.50
P1 PET396.00
      10-15-2016, 03:20 PM   #112
vladberca
Major General
Romania
Rep
Drives: '18 octavia 2.0 tdi dsg

Quote:
Originally Posted by polly View Post
yes we all love driving and we love our cars. else we won't be part of forums like these.
I disagree when u say assisted features are not important. won't it be nice if your car came to a complete stop if an a hole suddenly pulled out in front of you or more importantly if a child ran in front of you in an urban area.
Based on all these new systems more and more people will pay less attention when driving.
We might see some reversed effects sooner or later...
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2016, 03:29 PM   #113
vladberca
Major General
Romania
Rep
Drives: '18 octavia 2.0 tdi dsg

Quote:
Originally Posted by swanson View Post
But its the same thing over and over again w BMW. All the interiors look ex the same. No styling, just nothing. Very ctable and borind least Mercedeergonomicsyles their inimprs and takes chances. The Mercedes interiors look and feel special, the BMW interiors and look and feel sterile.
How do they look special?
Copy paste the interior of S and exterior of C. Indeed, they have released something really special
For the new 5 a lot of factors have been taken into consideration: a better visibility in front, an easier way to read the info from the nav display for the driver. Better ergonomics too with an improved HUD.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2016, 06:41 PM   #114
Bbb34
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 535i 6sp. DHP/RWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladberca View Post
Copy paste the interior of S and exterior of C. Indeed, they have released something really special
For the new 5 a lot of factors have been taken into consideration: a better visibility in front, an easier way to read the info from the nav display for the driver. Better ergonomics too with an improved HUD.
Have you been in one yet, do you for a fact know ergonomics are better ?

I think you're missing the point those of us arguing G30's interior design choices are trying to make.
Besides 3/5 and 7 looking similar, G30 interior is also looking very similar to previous generation. This design is now 8 years old, and was starting to look old several years ago already (I own one, I would know ).

Benz completely redesigned theirs, as reputable high end brand should with new model. You may or may not like it, but it takes guts to move from design that was already pretty good (old E series) to something completely different. Look at old E series:
http://media.emercedesbenz.com.s3.am...e-interior.jpg

Here's new/current model:
http://cdn.bmwblog.com/wp-content/up...interior-1.jpg

BMW just didn't seem to bother with new 5 and 7 series. Take a look, but quick one only, don't spend more than 2 seconds on the picture, and tell me which one is which, F10 Vs. G30 http://g30.bimmerpost.com/forums/att...8&d=1476333101 Now imagine they had identical steering wheel, would it take you more than 2 seconds to tell them appart?

Now I really like what they've done with G30 exterior, I think it's a great, classy looking car, and I feel it looks sportier than E series, but for me, some lazy design decisions were made on the interior of new model. I also like new E series better than previous model, so both companies did a great job on exterior.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2016, 07:28 PM   #115
Zirenz2006
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Comp IOMG

Quote:
But its the same thing over and over again with BMW. All the interiors look exactly the same. No styling, just nothing. Very predictable and boring. At least Mercedes styles their interiors and takes chances. The Mercedes interiors look and feel special, the BMW interiors and look and feel sterile.
Adulate here: www.mbworld.org
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2016, 07:52 PM   #116
Bbb34
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zirenz2006 View Post
Adulate here: www.mbworld.org
Funboy much ?
Any BMW tattoos you'd like to share ?

You dislike/hate them we get it already, but why can't one state his opinion on MB, it's open Internet forum and the thread that specifically compares the two ?
Appreciate 3
      10-15-2016, 08:03 PM   #117
Zirenz2006
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Comp IOMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbb34 View Post
Funboy much ?
Any BMW tattoos you'd like to share ?

You dislike/hate them we get it already, but why can't one state his opinion on MB, it's open Internet forum and the thread that specifically compares the two ?
I'm not a FUNboy
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2016, 08:04 PM   #118
Mr. Hankey
Christmas Poo
Rep
Drives: Incoming G87

I like neither...E looks like a c or s...the G looks to be a bit of a mullet...Audi up front and Lexus in the back...would have to see in person. Will be into the merc design maybe 30 years from now. I just see A6 in the BMW

Read...no drive, the manual.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2016, 08:27 PM   #119
swanson
Convicted Felon
Rep
Drives: chariot

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladberca View Post
S-Class

E-Class

C-Class

BMW 2series

BMW 3series

BMW 5series

BMW 7series

Now look at those interiors and tell me which ones are pretty much cut and paste? Which ones are boring and without inspiration? Which ones are styled as opposed to just the same old thing over and over?
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2016, 08:41 PM   #120
Bbb34
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zirenz2006 View Post
I'm not a FUNboy
Oh boy so I'm not as perfect as I thought i was, damn.

But you do sound like fun too, though that reply could've been a bit more mature in my humble opinion. Are spelling/autocomplete mistakes also banned, or is it just criticizing BMW?

Last edited by Bbb34; 10-16-2016 at 06:16 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2016, 10:11 PM   #121
usmabmass
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 550i, 23 i4 M50, 24 iX M60

So much arguing in here, jesus christ these are business cars, not ricers. Who cares that the G30 isnt a radical redesign? People widely love the F10 design (myself NOT included but i adore the e60 m sport), why is it bad that they tweaked and refreshed the design?

The only thing that looks dated about the f10 is the interior and the g30 fixes that - its clean, modern, and streamlined inside. But its also conservative because it has to appeal to a global sense of business fashion conservativism. I know that it looks perfect to me at least.

I LIKE that the car feels familiar inside. Its one of the things i love about BMW - Im on my fourth beemer and every one felt familiar even with redesigns.

If you want avant garde car fashion, Lexus is trying desperately to cater to you.
Appreciate 2
Bbb34730.50
ArchJR204.50
      10-16-2016, 02:16 AM   #122
P1 PET
Major
Rep
Drives: BOX ON WHEELS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wills2 View Post
If you think driving assistance and self parking are desirable, must have, decision making features why are you on a motoring forum?

Autopilot for 60 seconds? OMG!!!!! I mean seriously....

The car is lighter, faster, more efficient and more powerful whilst looking fresher/modern that is what's important.
The comfort, efficiency, safety, technology and luxury are the most important features for luxury/business cars like E class and 5 Series.

And in this case, E Class beats 5 with ease.

Who cares which one is lighter, faster and more powerful. I mean seriously?

People don't buy E or 5 to drive on a race track in the weekend or drive like maniacs who enjoy twisty corners and silly bends.
Appreciate 1
swanson733.00
      10-16-2016, 02:20 AM   #123
535DMSport
Second Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW

Merc boys at it again. On the road its extremely hard to tell the difference between a C,E,S. That is something BMW has handled way better, still a clear dinstinctive look in comparision to the ''dreier'' and ''siebener''.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2016, 02:21 AM   #124
P1 PET
Major
Rep

And that's why the S Class are sold more than both BMW and Audi combined together. You can't touch Mercedes Benz when it comes to luxury.

Brabus, Maybach, Rocket 900, AMG GTs, G63, SLS Black Series you name it. BMW doesn't even have comparable cars to compete with.

AMG GTs will eat M4 GTS alive... Let alone the new AMG GT R.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2016, 06:29 AM   #125
C5 FOR
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G05 xDrive30d Mineral White

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1 PET
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levente_CSL View Post
theres no comparison here. G30 just beats the shit out of that merc in every possible way. its so much better looking car
It is quite funny you judge the cars based on just exterior look. But, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Mercedes gives a lot more attention to details than BMW does. Materials, seat adjustment buttons, radio/ac switches, door handles, window control buttons, diamond stitching seats, leather dash with contrast stitchings, and speaker grilles etc that you touch in Mercedes just feel more luxurious, superior quality and more expensive. Interior of E Class looks quite similar to S class which also share many same things and designs with a more upper class luxury vehicle like Maybach. Not everyone is looking for cars with aggressive look or sporty design and drive like sport cars, otherwise they'll all be buying just cars from Porsche. I'm sure G30 will be sold well all over the world, but it just seems designers in Munich put little effort when rolling out so called the all new generation BMWs.

The way Porsche Panamera has done with it's screen integration is way cooler and more modern than that cheap looking screen of G30.

[img]
View post on imgur.com
[/img]
They moved the screen so they could add that lovely looking turbo dial on top of the dash.....what idiot thought of that idea?
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2016, 07:00 AM   #126
Bbb34
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmabmass View Post
So much arguing in here, jesus christ these are business cars, not ricers. Who cares that the G30 isnt a radical redesign? People widely love the F10 design (myself NOT included but i adore the e60 m sport), why is it bad that they tweaked and refreshed the design?.....
All valid points

Maybe you're right, maybe total re-design of interior is going too far, but I for one respect Mercedes for doing that since their old model already had great looking interior. F10 interior, classic and nice as it is (I quite like it) has in my opinion been looking dated comparing to competitors and other brands for few years now. G30 continued down the same path, I'm having hard time finding any improvements at all.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2016, 02:56 PM   #127
lemetier
Plenipotentiary
Rep
Drives: Yes

Quote:
S-Class

E-Class

C-Class

Now look at those interiors and tell me which ones are pretty much cut and paste? Which ones are boring and without inspiration? Which ones are styled as opposed to just the same old thing over and over?
Have another the add to the group...
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-16-2016, 03:37 PM   #128
C5 FOR
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G05 xDrive30d Mineral White

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemetier
Quote:
S-Class

E-Class

C-Class

Have another the add to the group...
To many circles, makes me dizzy. Never ever gonna be a MB fan. I'm a squary, not a roundy. It's just life, we don't make those choices, we are born with them.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2016, 08:12 PM   #129
BimmerGuyFL78
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW G30 540i

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1 PET
And that's why the S Class are sold more than both BMW and Audi combined together. You can't touch Mercedes Benz when it comes to luxury.

Brabus, Maybach, Rocket 900, AMG GTs, G63, SLS Black Series you name it. BMW doesn't even have comparable cars to compete with.

AMG GTs will eat M4 GTS alive... Let alone the new AMG GT R.
WTF planet are you living on? Mercedes outselling BMW and Audi combined together? Get the fuck out of here with your incorrect stats. You sound like a total idiot saying such things when there are those of of us who know that's not accurate. Your comment on here is pathetic and you're clearly ignorant and don't know WTF you're talking about spewing that bullshit talk.
      10-16-2016, 08:21 PM   #130
usmabmass
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 550i, 23 i4 M50, 24 iX M60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbb34 View Post
All valid points

Maybe you're right, maybe total re-design of interior is going too far, but I for one respect Mercedes for doing that since their old model already had great looking interior. F10 interior, classic and nice as it is (I quite like it) has in my opinion been looking dated comparing to competitors and other brands for few years now. G30 continued down the same path, I'm having hard time finding any improvements at all.
Its all a matter of personal preference, of course. I was more talking about the modest redesign of the exterior, though. I think the interior is a significant upgrade over the f10 (which i actually always thought felt outdated since the 'popup' design debuted in the 3 series.

I thought that the new e class interior looked horrible, but when i sat in one last week i had to admit that it felt special. However, its a lot like suits. I would argue that the mercedes is a double breasted three piece suit, and the bmw is the slim-tailored cut with a two button jacket.

Someone who wears one might complain that the other is either too simple and pedestrian, or too overwrought and pompous. Then the Maserati driver will come in complain that neither feels exotic enough for his tastes. So its all a matter of personal preference. For my tastes, the Merc interior feels nice but too much, and I like the G11/12 interior. I think the G30 will refine that into a conservative but modern and semi minimalistic design that doesnt make me feel like I'm stepping into on old person's car. I'm not interested in a double-breasted anything, but I'd be willing to bed that both brands speak pretty clearly to their demographics, and will do equally well bringing in new clients.
Appreciate 1
Bbb34730.50
      10-16-2016, 11:41 PM   #131
raysspl
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: walking, bicycle, & bus

The C Class trumps the Fx Series but in the 5 vs E Class, the 5 trumps the E class in design.
      10-17-2016, 02:32 AM   #132
P1 PET
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine535Msport View Post
WTF planet are you living on? Mercedes outselling BMW and Audi combined together? Get the fuck out of here with your incorrect stats. You sound like a total idiot saying such things when there are those of of us who know that's not accurate. Your comment on here is pathetic and you're clearly ignorant and don't know WTF you're talking about spewing that bullshit talk.
Chill!

Last edited by P1 PET; 12-01-2016 at 10:25 AM..
Appreciate 0