BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum 2017+ BMW 5 Series (G30) General Discussions Changes to configurator

04-12-2017, 10:32 AM   #1
54Me
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 X5

Changes to configurator

Maybe I'm not understanding what I am seeing, but as the suspension and DDC topics have been so hot on this board I thought I would share an observation:

The M Sport Suspension (704) no longer shows up as an option even though I choose M-Sport Package... AND I was just able to add DDC without the warning that I would be removing the M Sport Suspension. I thought it was either proven or theorized that M Sport Suspension (704) and DDC could not live together... I know it could not when I ordered the car (I could add DDC but it would tell me I was removing 704).

One theory that comes to mind is that they ran out of M Sport Suspensions?... The M Sport Package description does not even list it as part of the package anymore (There is no mention of the 10mm drop etc.). That may explain why you can add DDC without a conflict... because you are adding it to the STANDARD suspension.

If you are still getting the 704, but now you can add DDC without a conflict, that would probably upset some people who would have liked to have the 704 with some added dampening control.

Any thoughts?

Last edited by 54Me; 04-12-2017 at 10:38 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2017, 10:36 AM   #2
54Me
Private First Class
Rep

The other change I noticed is that Parking Assistant is no longer anywhere to be found. It was added to my build (March) for no cost, and I did NOT have the Drivers Assistant Plus or Driver Assistant Plus II Packages.
You can still get Parking Assistant PLUS as part of the DA Plus Package, but I'm not seeing the regular PA item that has no charge on the picture below I took a few weeks ago...
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-12-2017, 10:39 AM   #3
BiGFather
Captain
Rep
Drives: G30 540i xDrive Mperformance

I tried it now here in Czech configurator.
I tagged 540i xdrive, msport packet only.
The M susp has been tagged, when I choice DDC it unmarked M susp and add DDC without warning message. (Tried on iPhone)
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2017, 11:04 AM   #4
54Me
Private First Class
Rep

Tried it again in US.
Choosing M-Sport now says you are adding the suspension ONLY in the popup message. There is no mention in the package description and it is not listed/tagged in the Performance Options section of the Options Tab.
I added DDC and it gave me NO warning about removing anything.

Weird. Maybe just another in a long line of Configurator glitches.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2017, 11:16 AM   #5
BiGFather
Captain
Rep
Drives: G30 540i xDrive Mperformance

Quote:
Originally Posted by 54Me View Post
Tried it again in US.
Choosing M-Sport now says you are adding the suspension ONLY in the popup message. There is no mention in the package description and it is not listed/tagged in the Performance Options section of the Options Tab.
I added DDC and it gave me NO warning about removing anything.

Weird. Maybe just another in a long line of Configurator glitches.
When I choose MSport it shows :
M paket, ambient light, sport automatic trans, runflat tires

If I open M paket option it shows : alpine white, M sport steering wheel, 18" 662 wheels, sport seats, msport susp, alcantara, alu rhombicle, black ceiling, black windows rims, led fog lights, m breaks
Appreciate 0