BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum 2017+ BMW 5 Series (G30) General Discussions Collection experience

03-25-2017, 01:12 PM   #67
martin mustang
Major
Ireland
Rep
Drives: 640d,X5 45e, 911c4s, 635csi

If you don't mind me asking, how come you getting your car from Galway when Sligo dealer will be nearer to you? was down to getting a better deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckyarla View Post
I'm sitting in the dealership where I've been for the last 4 hours. When I went to drive the car I discovered that there was no satnav. Turns out it is some kind of software glitch. The car has been hooked up to a computer for the last 3 hours while I sit waiting. Absolutely ruined the new car collection experience. Hopefully the problem will be properly sorted but this has left a very sour taste re the dealer and BMW.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2017, 02:50 PM   #68
MMY
Second Lieutenant
Ireland
Rep
Drives: G30 530d M Sport Med Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin mustang View Post
If you don't mind me asking, how come you getting your car from Galway when Sligo dealer will be nearer to you? was down to getting a better deal.
I have found it necessary to get quotes from several dealers when I change, you never know where they are in their volume incentive cycle etc. For example, the worst offer I had for changing to my incoming G30 was €7000 less trade in than my actual final deal. Yes, you read that correctly. However, a couple of changes ago, that dealer was €6500 better than anyone else. Go figure!
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2017, 03:13 PM   #69
Chuckyarla
Captain
Ireland
Rep
Drives: G11 730d M-Sport 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMY View Post
I have found it necessary to get quotes from several dealers when I change, you never know where they are in their volume incentive cycle etc. For example, the worst offer I had for changing to my incoming G30 was €7000 less trade in than my actual final deal. Yes, you read that correctly. However, a couple of changes ago, that dealer was €6500 better than anyone else. Go figure!
Same here. I have bought from Sligo before but this time they were about €5k short of the deal I got.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2017, 03:20 PM   #70
MMY
Second Lieutenant
Ireland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckyarla View Post
Same here. I have bought from Sligo before but this time they were about €5k short of the deal I got.
Yes, it always amazes me, the variation between prices on a like for like basis...incidentally, since you have already taken delivery, can I ask whether you're a golfer and how the boot is? Haven't had a chance to physically check clubs in it at a dealer but the boot (trunk for you Americans reading!) did look a slightly better shape than the F10. If you see a Med Blue 530d MSport cruising through Donegal in a few weeks, that'll be me en route to Ballyliffin (assuming delivery doesn't get held up as other posters have reported....and that it doesn't experience any system crashes like you had!)
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2017, 10:00 AM   #71
BiGFather
Captain
Rep
Drives: G30 540i xDrive Mperformance

Hello. Update of my situation :
I sent an email to their two official emails and they replied me in couple of hours. I wrote that I have an agreement with Mr.XY and he havent contacted me yet + didnt answer me.
They said they sent my email to him and he gonna contact me on Monday so I will see if something happends..
I hate this ignorance.. before I signed + put the deposit he promised things like : everytime you need something dont worry to contact me I will be here for you(u can send me sms during weekend too - lol, u can change everything until Germany confirms your order, I will try to make it as fastest as possible for you - change specs of our ordered car for saloon to yours so you will have it sooner than usual... bla bla. Now acting like a dead fish and doing nothing..
I am really mad :-/
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2017, 10:55 AM   #72
54Me
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 X5

BF, I assume the number of dealerships is limited in CR? I'd be looking to find someone else willing to deal and recoup any lost security deposit on a lower price. Even the threat of that may get these guys off their a$$.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2017, 11:44 AM   #73
BiGFather
Captain
Rep

Thank you for your tip.

Well there are 3 authorized dealerships in CR. Were 4 but I have heard that the 4th one lost the license.

Good point. I will try to be pain in a** for them and will see what happends..

You know I just wanted to be nice, fair and patient customer because it's nice to make a bussiness with this kind of people like I like in my own bussiness.
It seems some companies or some people in companies don't care about our wishes and after taking money closing door.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2017, 12:12 PM   #74
54Me
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 X5

I'm not saying lose your cool or not be a nice guy. Very simply if they can't get you a car, or provide acceptable service while you wait, find someone who can.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2017, 12:39 PM   #75
phefner
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 340, F80 M3

#Insanity .. I guess not all dealerships are created equal. Think the "make me feel some love" suggestion is spot-on. I don't know the cost to the dealership but from what I've heard a 1 & 2 ratings on a survey will cost them dearly. Maybe allocations..etc..

Find yourself a proper dealer..build a relationship..and enjoy the experience.

Hope to hear how this works out.
      03-26-2017, 01:11 PM   #76
Roberto71
Lieutenant
Ireland
Rep
Drives: 2019 MB E220d

Getting a good dealer is really important, when you find them, stick with them.

I'm in Dublin, but buy my BMWs from Martin Reilly BMW in Sligo. It's a simple case of Brian Reilly being excellent to deal with, always available to talk and has always given me a great deal. And importantly, the new cars have been delivered on time and to the spec I ordered with no issues. I've bought 2nd hand and new and I bought a new 430d GC from them in Jan 16. And I'll be back to get a new G30 530d when the time comes to change on the ol PCP in Jan 19. (Unless I'm tempted by an S5.....)

I've bought before in Dublin from Joe Duffy and Maxwell Motors, (now Frank Keane) and they were...meh.

It sounds like there's a lot of issues typical with new models on these G30s. So much electronics in these cars now. I'd imagine in a year, these issues will be ironed out and it will be back to outstanding quality from the Getgo.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2017, 01:19 PM   #77
MMY
Second Lieutenant
Ireland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roberto71 View Post

I'm in Dublin, but buy my BMWs from Martin Reilly BMW in Sligo. It's a simple case of Brian Reilly being excellent to deal with, always available to talk and has always given me a great deal. And importantly, the new cars have been delivered on time and to the spec I ordered with no issues. I've bought 2nd hand and new and I bought a new 430d GC from them in Jan 16. And I'll be back to get a new G30 530d when the time comes to change on the ol PCP in Jan 19. (Unless I'm tempted by an S5.....)

I've bought before in Dublin from Joe Duffy and Maxwell Motors, (now Frank Keane) and they were...meh.

It sounds like there's a lot of issues typical with new models on these G30s. So much electronics in these cars now. I'd imagine in a year, these issues will be ironed out and it will be back to outstanding quality from the Getgo.
...yet the original poster Chuck saved five grand by driving an extra hour and a half from Sligo to Galway, like I saved seven grand by not taking the word of the dealer I bought my last new car from! ..,and my current car came in from BMW UK via a dealer/indie here with 4000 miles, six months old at a cool €25k below the Irish list price (proving that options have virtually no resale value) ... I could have been patient and waited a year before the G30 starts coming in from the Uk but I'm a sucker for having the latest and greatest...and I consider it a civil duty to donate some hard earned cash to the Irish Exchequer every now and agin...NOT!
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2017, 01:35 PM   #78
Tony_Soprano
Private
Ireland
Rep
Drives: BMW G30 520d

Quote:
...yet the original poster Chuck saved five grand by driving an extra hour and a half from Sligo to Galway, like I saved seven grand by not taking the word of the dealer I bought my last new car from! ..,and my current car came in from BMW UK via a dealer/indie here with 4000 miles, six months old at a cool €25k below the Irish list price (proving that options have virtually no resale value) ... I could have been patient and waited a year before the G30 starts coming in from the Uk but I'm a sucker for having the latest and greatest...and I consider it a civil duty to donate some hard earned cash to the Irish Exchequer every now and agin...NOT!
I bought my f10 new from a dealer in Tipperary. When it came to change he was 3 grand more to change than conlans in Limerick. When I told him so he spent 40 minutes trying to convince me I was wrong.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2017, 03:12 PM   #79
MMY
Second Lieutenant
Ireland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony_Soprano View Post
I bought my f10 new from a dealer in Tipperary. When it came to change he was 3 grand more to change than conlans in Limerick. When I told him so he spent 40 minutes trying to convince me I was wrong.
I have bought 4 cars since the F10 was released....and Conlans have never came close to deals available elsewhere...my experience with the dealer in Tipperary is that they refused to quote me until I had a bottom line from elsewhere...and then had the audacity to keep calling me enquiringly whether I was ready to place an order. Arthur Daly was more subtle...
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2017, 03:30 PM   #80
Tony_Soprano
Private
Ireland
Rep
Drives: BMW G30 520d

Quote:
I have bought 4 cars since the F10 was released....and Conlans have never came close to deals available elsewhere...my experience with the dealer in Tipperary is that they refused to quote me until I had a bottom line from elsewhere...and then had the audacity to keep calling me enquiringly whether I was ready to place an order. Arthur Daly was more subtle...
I know what you mean. Their question was "are you buying today?". When I said I was still assessing my options he said he would only give his bottom line when I was ready to buy.
He actually rang me last week at 19.30 and left a message asking had I done anything yet!
When i was invited to the open day back in October I couldn't get a salesman to talk to me on the day and they never followed up on what I thought. This despite bugging the s##t out of me to go.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2017, 03:45 PM   #81
robfen
Private
Rep
Drives: i4 and 550e

Dealers

No connection with them but I've bought numerous cars from the Tipp dealer and always find them spot on.
They have always been competitive in price but especially good in the service/aftersale department which can be very important too

tbh I'd rather pay a bit more to deal with decent people as I've had some poor experiences with other BMW dealers.

That said there does seem to be a real reluctance in dealers to offer any sort of reasonable trade in on 2-3 year old cars..

Offering such good terms on pcps for new cars surely leads to a back up of cars when you hand it back every few years rather than hanging on as used to be the case
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2017, 03:55 PM   #82
robfen
Private
Rep
Drives: i4 and 550e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roberto71 View Post

Really tempted by the s5 sportback as it has a nice bit more room / better engine than my 430d gc but the 530d is the sensible choice!
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2017, 03:56 PM   #83
MMY
Second Lieutenant
Ireland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony_Soprano View Post
I know what you mean. Their question was "are you buying today?". When I said I was still assessing my options he said he would only give his bottom line when I was ready to buy.
He actually rang me last week at 19.30 and left a message asking had I done anything yet!
When i was invited to the open day back in October I couldn't get a salesman to talk to me on the day and they never followed up on what I thought. This despite bugging the s##t out of me to go.
Doesn't beat my experience with a prominent VW dealer in Limerick... We have a Golf R Sport (with only a 1.4 engine) which our kids share. It hadn't been driven for a while so I took it for a spin to make sure the battery was charged etc and called into the dealer, figuring that since is a 08 it might be worth an upgrade. Wandered around the showroom and after an interminable period sales guy asked could he help. Yes, please, interested in. New Golf 1.4 Tsi R Design. Handed me a price list. I said I know the prices, what's the cost to change? Blank expression... I have a trade in, I said. Another blank expression... It's parked outside I suggested...OK, have you the keys? (no, it teleported here I thought)....he returns within a couple of minutes and says he will talk with manager and call me...which he does next day, quoting me against a 1.6tdi ( obviously a stock car ) but about 5k less trade in class compared to real value. I pointed out that (1) he didn't quote the car I wante and (2) his trade in value was way off the market. He kept calling asking was I ready to deal until I cited data privacy legislation and waned him to stop annoying me, holy shit, where do they learn this stuff? I told home on the second call that I would have grave reservations about buying a Volkswagen given the diesel gate scandal but that did not prompt any customer satisfaction line...
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2017, 05:07 PM   #84
andrew520d
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: x5 25d

I bought last two cars from the Tipperary dealer and found them good enough but have found the after sales to be excellent compared to previous bmw garages.
However when buying seems like they use the same lines. I was told when looking for prices to trade for an x5 to price other garages and then come back to them. I queried this and they said if you get a price with us first you will go to another dealer who will undercut whereas if we are the last dealer we will do our best to undercut all the others.
They were 2k better than other quotes in the end.
Buying another car last year. Got a text the morning I was due to test drive " will you do a deal today?". Bit heavy I thought but responded of course I would if offer was right. They were 1500 better this time than next best.
How they have treated me since I bought from them is much better than Conlan's or frank keanes who I did business with before.

I live mid west so am well acquainted with the VW dealer mmy mentioned.
Would not want to have any dealings there.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2017, 07:26 PM   #85
midwest 340xi 6sp
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 340xi

All right...All your Irishmen go have a pint of Guinness on me lol!
      03-27-2017, 04:36 AM   #86
Chuckyarla
Captain
Ireland
Rep
Drives: G11 730d M-Sport 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midwest 535i View Post
All right...All your Irishmen go have a pint of Guinness on me lol!
Already done! Sláinte (Cheers!)
Appreciate 1
      03-27-2017, 02:53 PM   #87
BiGFather
Captain
Rep

I asked my dealer today when it's gonna be ready for me. He said Germany still haven't confirmed it yet .. so the "latest 15.5.' is still not sure.

He said the 530d is usually ready in 1 month for CZE but the 540i takes more time.. He mentioned "perhaps it will be May or sooner" .. lol perhaps..

So if there is somebody who wants fast delivery and doesn't care if petrol or diesel take the diesel ones. It should be much faster

Btw Mokka leather doesnt extend the delivery - asked.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2017, 08:59 AM   #88
martin mustang
Major
Ireland
Rep
Drives: 640d,X5 45e, 911c4s, 635csi

Great to see feedback from Local folks, i.e. based in Ireland different to when I joined this forum back in 2011.
I am invited to test G30 in Mondello this coming weekend and make up my mind if the G30 is the way forward or look into the GC 4 or 6.
In the mean time I made a jump for a 911 2nd hand 40k miles with 2 previous owners only very happy with the move, makes the G30 experience very numb and very soul less, but will only use it summers, hence leaning for changing my every day F10 to GC 4 or 6 exiting models. I am probably simply not yet ready to settle for a car that so far feels more like a 7 series.
Appreciate 0