BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum 2017+ BMW 5 Series (G30) General Discussions Deleting navigation contacts

08-12-2018, 02:44 AM   #1
mk1-fan
Lieutenant
South Africa
Rep
Drives: 2018 G30 540i

Garage List
Deleting navigation contacts

I am battling to delete navigation contacts. I have read the manual, tried the on board owners manual and even looked on Youtube.

I still can't manage it, please help.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2018, 05:23 AM   #2
BudgieUK
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 520d M-Sport Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by mk1-fan View Post
I am battling to delete navigation contacts. I have read the manual, tried the on board owners manual and even looked on Youtube.

With the destination you want to delete ready to be selected (so the cursor is on it), press the option button (just behind the iDrive controller), and I'm pretty sure there is an option there to "delete contact"
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2018, 05:40 AM   #3
AP
Major General
Rep
Drives: G30 M550

Yeh sounds about right. That option button hides quite a lot of choices that are not obvious to fine.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2018, 08:48 AM   #4
mk1-fan
Lieutenant
South Africa
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudgieUK View Post
Quote:

With the destination you want to delete ready to be selected (so the cursor is on it), press the option button (just behind the iDrive controller), and I'm pretty sure there is an option there to "delete contact"
I only get these options.
Attached Images

Last edited by mk1-fan; 08-12-2018 at 12:51 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2018, 01:26 PM   #5
Rotherd31
User Name
Rep
Drives: 2023 G83 BG/FR/ 963M wheels

Not sure why you only have those options. I have more than that, including delete this destination and delete all destinations. Again go to recent destinations, click enter. Now, just highlight the destination that you want to delete, but don't hit enter, just hit the option button. When I do those steps I get the longer list, which also includes what you show but more.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2018, 03:02 PM   #6
SteveinArizona
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotherd31 View Post
Not sure why you only have those options. I have more than that, including delete this destination and delete all destinations. Again go to recent destinations, click enter. Now, just highlight the destination that you want to delete, but don't hit enter, just hit the option button. When I do those steps I get the longer list, which also includes what you show but more.
I just tried your solution. Works for me.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2018, 03:22 PM   #7
ADS-UK
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G30 - 530d M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudgieUK View Post
Quote:

I only get these options.
You've pressed your iDrive to left/right depending on where you are for you to not get the delete option. As others have suggested go back to the recent destinations list and stay on the entry (without pressing it) and press the options button.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2018, 11:34 PM   #8
mk1-fan
Lieutenant
South Africa
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADS-UK View Post
You've pressed your iDrive to left/right depending on where you are for you to not get the delete option. As others have suggested go back to the recent destinations list and stay on the entry (without pressing it) and press the options button.
I have gone into the recent destination menu, and it was indeed possible to delete the destinations. But, if I go back to the contact menu, the saved destination is still there. So all I did, was to delete the recent destination, and not the saved destination itself, if that makes any sense at all.

Anyway, I'll go ask my BMW Genius today, maybe he can help.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2018, 09:12 AM   #9
mk1-fan
Lieutenant
South Africa
Rep

Garage List
Finally managed it.

I was looking for a contact on my phone today while in the car, and came across one of the navigation contacts while doing so.

I immediately knew what had to be done. I deleted that and the other contacts on my phone, and sure enough it was gone from my navigation contacts.

I have no idea why BMW decided to store it on your phone, but there we go.
Appreciate 0