BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum 2017+ BMW 5 Series (G30) General Discussions Icon Adaptive Full LED lights

04-25-2019, 11:28 PM   #45
amus3d
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 530e, X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almaretto View Post
It depends on end goal.
Mainly just replace them for looks. My current headlights are “adaptive leds” OO versions but I don’t know how they are adaptive because I thought that feature was turned off for US models? Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2019, 07:57 AM   #46
XxChiliPalmerxX
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 X6 M50i

headlight code

Quote:
If coded correctly.
Hey Almaretto.. Would like to have the headlights coded to activate the adaptive option. Are you still doing this?

Have a 2020 X5, and believe I have all the options needed:
  • Icon Adaptive LED w/Laser Lights
  • Camera on windshield for the lights
  • Button on turn signal for the automatic option
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2019, 10:58 AM   #47
TodmordenLad
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Audi A4 Avant

I wasn't bothered about the adaptive function. I got them because they're a lot brighter than the standard LEDs, which in turn are nowhere near as bright as the old xenons were
      11-20-2019, 04:44 PM   #48
AlpineWhiteF30330I
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Bmw 330I

Quote:
Send a PM and we can coordinate.

If you know part number, you can also just search part.

S8S4A is to remove variable light distribution.
S5ACA is for HBA.

Do you have speed limit information? Frontal Collision Warning?
Can you please get back to me brother I PM’d you.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2019, 09:48 PM   #49
Almaretto
Major General
Rep
Drives: Test Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineWhiteF30330I View Post
Can you please get back to me brother I PM’d you.
Responded.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2019, 10:50 PM   #50
CoolWave911
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW G30 530i M Sport

Quote:
20-30 minutes, depending on desired options.
Can you enable Lane Change Assist on 530i 2017 with the hardware already specced? My car has all the hardware and Active Lane Assist, but missed out on the mentioned function because it was disabled in the first year of production due to regulations. Later models can now do it but I'm still missing out and the dealer won't enable it for obvious reasons.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2019, 11:00 PM   #51
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolWave911 View Post
Can you enable Lane Change Assist on 530i 2017 with the hardware already specced? My car has all the hardware and Active Lane Assist, but missed out on the mentioned function because it was disabled in the first year of production due to regulations. Later models can now do it but I'm still missing out and the dealer won't enable it for obvious reasons.
I have not had any success on North American cars. It may work on EU spec'd.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2019, 11:23 PM   #52
CoolWave911
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW G30 530i M Sport

Quote:
I'm from Australia so more than likely will be UK spec'd I guess being Left hand drive. Is there any particular ENET cable that you recommend for your service?

I'll send you a PM to coordinate this.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2019, 02:39 AM   #53
Farravi
Newbie to G30
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G30 530e

Quote:
I'm from Australia so more than likely will be UK spec'd I guess being Left hand drive.
Actually you are Right Hand Drive (RHD) like us in the UK as the steering wheel of the vehicle is positioned on the right hand side of the vehicle and drive on the Left hand side. Can be confusing.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2019, 10:05 AM   #54
roxxor
Major
Rep
Drives: 2024 iX50

Quote:
I also was never able to get it working on my G01, even with the car coded to completely Euro spec except for the Headunit. The only thing I can find that might be different was that most of the Euro Models get a different Steering Column Switch Cluster (turn signal unit) than the US models do, and that there may be a hardware difference for the US models which wouldn't recognize the driver "holding the turn signal" in place to activate the Lane Change Assistant.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2020, 03:34 PM   #55
Jonathanfl
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw 540i

I am in need of help with Coding new headlights. I upgraded to the Adaptive - I had someone helping me and they were able to get the High / low beams to work, but not able to get the turnsignal or running lights to work.

The turnsignal modules i bought new from bmw,
The module under the light assembly came with the lights
The larger module on the inside of the light i transferred over from the the old lights.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2020, 01:55 PM   #56
tomato117
Registered
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: BMW 530i

Quote:
Hi Almaretto, please check PM
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2020, 04:10 PM   #57
runbuh
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomato117 View Post
Hi Almaretto, please check PM
His profile shows a last activity date of March 3rd. I would not expect a reply from him any time soon.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2020, 06:14 PM   #58
SteveinArizona
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e

Quote:
Originally Posted by runbuh View Post
His profile shows a last activity date of March 3rd. I would not expect a reply from him any time soon.
Al has always been very responsive. When someone goes missing these days, my thoughts run to Covid-19. I hope not!
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2020, 02:17 AM   #59
Belvedere
Rep
Drives: G30 540i

I'm in Australia and my 540i has the fully functional adaptive LEDs. For those in the US and other places where they are not functional, from my personal experience, I'd suggest it's not worth the effort trying to code them on. I've had my car for almost 3 years, and I've switched the adaptive function on maybe 5 times for only short periods. On those occasions, I've been flashed by some on-coming cars. Also, I find it disconcerting when travelling on a freeway that the high beams seem to dance around hitting signs on the sides of the road one second then moving up and lighting up the big signs on the overhead gantries. I can only imagine what other drivers are thinking!

In theory, the concept is a good one but doesn't appear to work all that well in real world situations. Otherwise, maybe there's something about the way our roads are set up here (someone mentioned that cats' eyes, which we have on many of our roads) that impairs the proper functioning of the adaptive LEDs.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2020, 09:53 AM   #60
runbuh
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveinArizona View Post
Al has always been very responsive. When someone goes missing these days, my thoughts run to Covid-19. I hope not!
My understanding is that he's busy with his day job, and has been busy since at least last December when I last tried to reach out to him.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2020, 12:18 PM   #61
babaikram
M6GCComp, Porsche Cayman S PDK, Peug 208 GT1 BPS
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belvedere View Post
I'm in Australia and my 540i has the fully functional adaptive LEDs. For those in the US and other places where they are not functional, from my personal experience, I'd suggest it's not worth the effort trying to code them on. I've had my car for almost 3 years, and I've switched the adaptive function on maybe 5 times for only short periods. On those occasions, I've been flashed by some on-coming cars. Also, I find it disconcerting when travelling on a freeway that the high beams seem to dance around hitting signs on the sides of the road one second then moving up and lighting up the big signs on the overhead gantries. I can only imagine what other drivers are thinking!

In theory, the concept is a good one but doesn't appear to work all that well in real world situations. Otherwise, maybe there's something about the way our roads are set up here (someone mentioned that cats' eyes, which we have on many of our roads) that impairs the proper functioning of the adaptive LEDs.
It works quite well in the UK. Not a single flash of more than 3 years driving
      01-19-2022, 06:08 AM   #62
nikolay40
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 320I

Hello everyone, I have retrofitted Icon headlights to 2019 BMW 540. I have removed option 5A2 and put option 552 and 5AC. VO coded BDC and both FLM modules. Everything is working now but I have low beam malfunktion and high beam malfunktion and parking lights malfunktion on Idrive. I still don't have the drl modules and I think the parking lights will disappear when I install them. The low/high beam malfunktion is what troubles me. Also I couldn't find any option to initialise headlights in ista. Only option to initialise turn signals which are working fine.
Any help will be greatly appriciated
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2022, 12:39 PM   #63
santorini
Rep
Drives: 328d wagon

Scared shitless driving on the wrong side of the road, these were a godsend on our rental car when we toured England before the pandemic.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2022, 05:01 PM   #64
hirurg78
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F15

Quote:
There are two headlight choices.
  • 5A2 LED Headlights
  • 552 ICON LED
If you do not have 552, then you will not have necessary hardware. If you are in any market, except USA or early model Canada, then it would be enabled from factory.
I have 2017 G12 I installed ICON headlights instead of regular LED, then added 552 to FA, code the BDC and both FLE's for the new FA, but both lights are blinking and give me an fault "Voltage out of tolerance range" Can you give me any advice please?
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2022, 02:34 AM   #65
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hirurg78 View Post
I have 2017 G12 I installed ICON headlights instead of regular LED, then added 552 to FA, code the BDC and both FLE's for the new FA, but both lights are blinking and give me an fault "Voltage out of tolerance range" Can you give me any advice please?
What does ISTA+ say when you run scan?
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2022, 08:09 AM   #66
The-Traveler
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & G30 530e

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by santorini View Post
On my rental in England I was blown away, Are they the same here in the States?
If coded correctly.
Define correctly? I VO coded this by removing the two lock VO codes, but I'm wondering if there's more to be had. It works fine now, but just curious.
Appreciate 0