BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum 2017+ BMW 5 Series (G30) General Discussions How difficult is it to install a Nextbase 622GW on a G30?

08-20-2023, 07:22 AM   #1
fapb48
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 5 Series

Question How difficult is it to install a Nextbase 622GW on a G30?

Hi,

I am about to bit the bullet and purchase a dashcam as someone did a hit and run a few weeks ago on my G30

I want to hardwire the dashcam as i don't want to see cables flying down my windscreen.

I was going to purchase on the next base website and upgrade for their technicians to install the camera but i have noticed that for some reason they don't install the rear camera on a BMW 5 Series?

So i am probably going to give it a go myself, so i am just wondering how hard is it to install the front and rear camera on the car?

Thank you
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2023, 04:27 AM   #2
jimscamp
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW G31 540i xDrive

I installed it on mine with the clip on rear view camera and hiding the cables was easy, just tucking under the headliner and down the a-pillar.

The wired rear view one will be tricker as you’ll need to remove the roof liner I think.

The clip on rear camera worked great though!
Appreciate 0