BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum iDrive, Audio, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics + Coding how to not-bluetooth Audio on Android

05-14-2023, 07:09 PM   #1
vks2108
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 530i Xd

how to not-bluetooth Audio on Android

2018 BMW - 530i xDrive - iDrive 6 (MB-007.030.001). I have a Pixel 7 and Nothing Phone 1

https://support.google.com/androidau...sgid=184899939

I tried all the steps mentioned above, and I was not able to stream audio out of USB interface. The following post - is for iDrive 7 - with Android Auto (not for iDrive 6 - it does not have Android Auto).

However the moment I connected my Pixel-7 to usb, the iDrive6 detected it, but it did not stream audio via USB. I also used AAIDrive from app store, however AAIDrive never could make a connection over usb.

I just want to stream HiFi audio to Car Speakers, and not basic Bluetooth bitRates. My car does not have AUX port. I could get Screencast to work too.

1. Is there an AUX connector my car.
2. Is there any android app which could help my phone emulate as something and audio play via usb streaming rates.
3. I understand Bimmercode MMI box can do it, but it is USD 700

Please any recommendations would help.
Appreciate 0