BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum iDrive, Audio, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics + Coding Remote 3d view iDrive 6 not working - anyone else?

05-07-2021, 04:32 PM   #23
claykin
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: various BMW

I didn't realize that none of my connected drive toys were working. Lock/unlock, light flash, remote 3d view, etc. It was all down for me. And bmw fixed them today from the ticket I opened with the bmw assist team.
      05-07-2021, 04:34 PM   #24
claykin
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1badTKE View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supacat View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by claykin View Post
Was your issue same as mine? When using the new mybmw app it wouldn't go past step 1 (waking up car) and would error out saying "battery might be too low"?

If so, which email address did you send your request to? I have an open case with bmw assist for a week with no resolution.
No, my problem was like 1badTKE's above where the feature disappeared from the app.
I sent my email to the usual customercare@bmwassist.com.
BMW NA FINALLY responded to the ticket yesterday…. (Had been opened since 4/26). And ….drumroll….. I will need to take the car back to a dealership and have them RE-install the newly flashed iDrive software "again" in the hopes that "it should fix" the issue.

According to the BMW Assist supervisor and Genius Rep (as of my phone call yesterday afternoon with them both) all of my iDrive software is current (I already knew this) and my connect subscription is current (also knew this). Seems to be a "weird glitch" that has been occurring randomly (at least according to them) when renewing a subscription. Not sure how or why it occurs but… technology. Got to love it!!

So back to BMW I will go next week for another iDrive system reset….always Such fun reprogramming the entire car each time. Lol.

I will keep everyone posted if this fixes the issue next week.
You may end up with a slightly different software version than what is currently installed. They often issue several smaller revisions between the larger March, July, November updates.

Curious, which firmware version is installed on your iDrive? I assume you know how to find it?
      05-07-2021, 09:43 PM   #25
1badTKE
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 M40i; 2017 540ix

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1badtke View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by supacat View Post
Quote:
was your issue same as mine? When using the new mybmw app it wouldn't go past step 1 (waking up car) and would error out saying "battery might be too low"?

If so, which email address did you send your request to? I have an open case with bmw assist for a week with no resolution.
no, my problem was like 1badtke's above where the feature disappeared from the app.
bmw na finally responded to the ticket yesterday…. (had been opened since 4/26). And ….drumroll….. I will need to take the car back to a dealership and have them re-install the newly flashed idrive software "again" in the hopes that "it should fix" the issue.

According to the bmw assist supervisor and genius rep (as of my phone call yesterday afternoon with them both) all of my idrive software is current (i already knew this) and my connect subscription is current (also knew this). Seems to be a "weird glitch" that has been occurring randomly (at least according to them) when renewing a subscription. Not sure how or why it occurs but… technology. Got to love it!!

So back to bmw i will go next week for another idrive system reset….always such fun reprogramming the entire car each time. Lol.

you may end up with a slightly different software version than what is currently installed. They often issue several smaller revisions between the larger march, july, november updates.

Curious, which firmware version is installed on your idrive? I assume you know how to find it?
tb/mb 007.030.001

Just installed in March
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2021, 09:07 AM   #26
claykin
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
was your issue same as mine? When using the new mybmw app it wouldn't go past step 1 (waking up car) and would error out saying "battery might be too low"?

no, my problem was like 1badtke's above where the feature disappeared from the app.
bmw na finally responded to the ticket yesterday…. (had been opened since 4/26). And ….drumroll….. I will need to take the car back to a dealership and have them re-install the newly flashed idrive software "again" in the hopes that "it should fix" the issue.

According to the bmw assist supervisor and genius rep (as of my phone call yesterday afternoon with them both) all of my idrive software is current (i already knew this) and my connect subscription is current (also knew this). Seems to be a "weird glitch" that has been occurring randomly (at least according to them) when renewing a subscription. Not sure how or why it occurs but… technology. Got to love it!!

So back to bmw i will go next week for another idrive system reset….always such fun reprogramming the entire car each time. Lol.

you may end up with a slightly different software version than what is currently installed. They often issue several smaller revisions between the larger march, july, november updates.

Curious, which firmware version is installed on your idrive? I assume you know how to find it?
tb/mb 007.030.001

Just installed in March
The numbers you provided are your Bluetooth version. To find the iDrive firmware version use these steps:

Click Map (iDrive controller)
Click Option (iDrive controller)
Click Navigation settings (on screen)
Click position and software version (on screen)
Click software version (on screen)

You'll see NBTevo_X where X is the firmware version. What letter do you see after NBTevo?
      05-08-2021, 09:36 AM   #27
1badTKE
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

tb/mb 007.030.001

Just installed in March
The numbers you provided are your Bluetooth version. To find the iDrive firmware version use these steps:

You'll see NBTevo_X where X is the firmware version. What letter do you see after NBTevo?
The EVO map version is not the software/firmware version of the iDrive system. At least According to the Genius Rep and the Assist rep from this weeks call…the numbers that I just provided you are the numbers that they had me look up for verification.

But to your request….I also have my map version handy. The map version on my car is EVO2020-2 (NBTevo_X20511l) and I have the most current update from the connect regions associated with my car.

At this point of ridiculous, any help and suggestions are welcome since clearly BMW is lost. Lol
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2021, 10:23 AM   #28
claykin
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

tb/mb 007.030.001

Just installed in March

The EVO map version is not the software/firmware version of the iDrive system. At least According to the Genius Rep and the Assist rep from this weeks call…the numbers that I just provided you are the numbers that they had me look up for verification.

But to your request….I also have my map version handy. The map version on my car is EVO2020-2 (NBTevo_X20511l) and I have the most current update from the connect regions associated with my car.

At this point of ridiculous, any help and suggestions are welcome since clearly BMW is lost. Lol
NBTevo_X is your iDrive firmware version. The fact that it displays on the map software version page is a question for bmw engineering, not geniuses or assist staff.

Good luck getting it fixed. May require a full iStep reprogram, which is usually the dealers first course of action for this type of problem....
      05-08-2021, 10:29 PM   #29
1badTKE
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

tb/mb 007.030.001

Just installed in March

NBTevo_X is your iDrive firmware version. The fact that it displays on the map software version page is a question for bmw engineering, not geniuses or assist staff.

Good luck getting it fixed. May require a full iStep reprogram, which is usually the dealers first course of action for this type of problem....
Yes. They already did that in March. (I think I've posted this before. Maybe a different forum). I guess they will try again. And hopefully this time the iDrive reset works.

Also…I wasn't asking the Assist or Genius about the firmware version…(and haven't spoken to the engineers). Rather they were asking me to check for certain things—and they wanted the software firmware version number that I mentioned previously. I wasn't trying to argue with BMW staff when they were trying to help figure out an issue—just gave them what they asked for. I'm also not trying to start an argument here either. I'm Just reporting what I was told…you may know better than BMW staff. Especially at this point they seem to be lost as to what to do.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2021, 12:41 AM   #30
Dephead2004
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G30 520i

"you may know better than BMW staff. "

Claykin probably does!
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2021, 01:07 AM   #31
Supacat
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 540i M-Sport

Quote:
BMW NA FINALLY responded to the ticket yesterday…. (Had been opened since 4/26). And ….drumroll….. I will need to take the car back to a dealership and have them RE-install the newly flashed iDrive software "again" in the hopes that "it should fix" the issue.

According to the BMW Assist supervisor and Genius Rep (as of my phone call yesterday afternoon with them both) all of my iDrive software is current (I already knew this) and my connect subscription is current (also knew this). Seems to be a "weird glitch" that has been occurring randomly (at least according to them) when renewing a subscription. Not sure how or why it occurs but… technology. Got to love it!!

So back to BMW I will go next week for another iDrive system reset….always Such fun reprogramming the entire car each time. Lol.

Hmm, didn't we have the same issue? Why were they able to fix it for me remotely or do you have a diffent issue?

Mine was remote 3D View disappeared from the app and the privacy section in idrive. Sent them an email and they fixed it remotely in less than a day.

Good luck and hope you finally get it resolved! Definitely let us know!
Appreciate 1
1badTKE23.50
      05-09-2021, 01:53 AM   #32
1badTKE
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Hmm, didn't we have the same issue? Why were they able to fix it for me remotely or do you have a diffent issue?

Mine was remote 3D View disappeared from the app and the privacy section in idrive. Sent them an email and they fixed it remotely in less than a day.

Good luck and hope you finally get it resolved! Definitely let us know!
I have a 2017? Is yours newer and supports over the air updates? I'm not sure…this is frustrating. But good to know they fixed yours since we had the same issue it appears….there is hope.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2021, 06:40 AM   #33
Supacat
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I have a 2017? Is yours newer and supports over the air updates? I'm not sure…this is frustrating. But good to know they fixed yours since we had the same issue it appears….there is hope.
Mine is a 2017 too. No ota updates for ID6.

Just in case, this is what they emailed me back and took less than a day to get the answer. Maybe you can share it with them and tell them that a friend had the same car/year and problem and this is how they fixed it.

"Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting BMW Assist Customer Care.

Your account has been refreshed for R360. Please log off from App and Portal and then log in again to refresh systems. "
Appreciate 1
1badTKE23.50
      05-09-2021, 06:44 AM   #34
Supacat
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
And just got n case you want to open another case, this is what I emailed BMWAssist support...

"I am having an issue that stated yesterday. I recently upgraded to the new My BMW app. It seems that the 'Remote 3D view' or 'See your vehicle's Surrounding' has disappeared from my app and feature list, all other features are still there except this one. This feature worked up until yesterday as I took a remote View pic using both the old Connected and the new My BMW app. Then today, I noticed it was gone. I also recently renewed my subscription.

Troubleshooting steps performed:
*Logged out and back into Connected Drive in car.
*Performed an update BMW Assist in car
*Tried both apps on Android and iOS. Feature is now gone.Fearure was there yesterday.
*3D view works still in car.
*Rebooted iDrive.
*Even though I can successfully logon to connected drive in car. When I try to launch Connected Drive on car it tells me that 'The Connected Drive Store is no longer available in this vehicle.Subscribe or Rene your service. Pic attached.
*In BMW app, feature called "See your vehicle's suroundings" disappeared after updating to new My BMW app. No longer shows in app or in car feature list. Pics attached of before and after."

Last edited by Supacat; 05-09-2021 at 11:44 AM..
Appreciate 1
1badTKE23.50
      05-09-2021, 10:03 AM   #35
claykin
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dephead2004 View Post
"you may know better than BMW staff. "

Claykin probably does!
Wow, thanks! But most of my knowledge has been attained by listening to others smarter than me. And a little common sense. Lol
      05-09-2021, 10:13 PM   #36
1badTKE
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
And just got n case you want to open another case, this is what I emailed BMWAssist support...

"I am having an issue that stated yesterday. I recently upgraded to the new My BMW app. It seems that the 'Remote 3D view' or 'See your vehicle's Surrounding' has disappeared from my app and feature list, all other features are still there except this one. This feature worked up until yesterday as I took a remote View pic using both the old Connected and the new My BMW app. Then today, I noticed it was gone. I also recently renewed my subscription.

Troubleshooting steps performed:
*Logged out and back into Connected Drive in car.
*Performed an update BMW Assist in car
*Tried both apps on Android and iOS. Feature is now gone.Fearure was there yesterday.
*3D view works still in car.
*Rebooted iDrive.
*Even though I can successfully logon to connected drive in car. When I try to launch Connected Drive on car it tells me that 'The Connected Drive Store is no longer available in this vehicle.Subscribe or Rene your service. Pic attached.
*In BMW app, feature called "See your vehicle's suroundings" disappeared after updating to new My BMW app. No longer shows in app or in car feature list. Pics attached of before and after."
Lol. This is almost verbatim what I sent. Very. VERY similar. I guess luck of the draw on who you get at Assist. 🥸🥸

I called the service manager at my dealership who I know pretty well. He's talking to his "guru" in the shop and is supposed to call me back tomorrow by lunchtime to help me resolve this on his end—or scheduled another iDrive update. I hope maybe he's got a better plan of action that the clowns I've spoken to at BMW Assist.

Fingers crossed. (If not…I may copy your email and try again from ground -100 … definitely not at ground zero anymore).
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2021, 12:14 AM   #37
Dephead2004
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G30 520i

Quote:
Wow, thanks! But most of my knowledge has been attained by listening to others smarter than me. And a little common sense. Lol
We all learn from each other. That's the beauty of these forums.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2021, 09:18 AM   #38
paquet
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i M Sport etc

I didn't know NBTEvo was up to version "X".
If only they published what changed/fixed/broke between versions...
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2021, 10:32 AM   #39
claykin
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by packet View Post
I didn't know NBTEvo was up to version "X".
If only they published what changed/fixed/broke between versions...
If you have an ID7 car, at least you get some basic release notes with OTA upgrades.
      05-12-2021, 08:32 PM   #40
Mrcook23
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW I5 M60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyrider01 View Post
Mine stopped working properly a few months ago. Some times the mirrors wouldn't open, other times it wouldn't work at all. Dealer found a fault code related to the connected drive function and reprogrammed the car. It has been working fine since.

And for those who say that the 3D view is no longer available on the new MY BMW app, it is there. Scroll to the right where it says "Vehicle Finder".
I scrolled and it's not on my app
Appreciate 0