BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos Volkswagen ID.4

04-28-2021, 06:30 PM   #23
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Quote:
Originally Posted by stein_325i View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
Doesn't have any more power than the AWD ID4 or Audi Q4, guess the real advantage is the whopping 0.6" drop.
I'm honestly not sure what VW is trying to do here. They took an already pretty uncompetitive and lackluster vehicle and made it more expensive without it being competitive or lust-worthy still. Its specs are barely better than a base Mach-E despite this being VW's top model and likely more expensive.
We'd ordered one, but have canceled. I think we're just going to get a regular eTron, it fits the wife's needs. I'm working on the Ioniq 5, but I think it's too far away.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2021, 06:34 PM   #24
stein_325i
Ring Leader of G8X Haters
No_Country
Rep
Drives: A Car

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Doesn't have any more power than the AWD ID4 or Audi Q4, guess the real advantage is the whopping 0.6" drop.
I'm honestly not sure what VW is trying to do here. They took an already pretty uncompetitive and lackluster vehicle and made it more expensive without it being competitive or lust-worthy still. Its specs are barely better than a base Mach-E despite this being VW's top model and likely more expensive.
We'd ordered one, but have canceled. I think we're just going to get a regular eTron, it fits the wife's needs. I'm working on the Ioniq 5, but I think it's too far away.
The regular E-Trons are nice vehicles, plus I've seen Audi dealers put some big discounts on them (not sure if they are still doing that with the current market though). The new Ioniq5 is definitely also gonna eat the iD4 for lunch, everything I've been seeing for that vehicle has been impressive since the reviews dropped yesterday, not to mention it looks great.
      04-28-2021, 06:56 PM   #25
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
The regular E-Trons are nice vehicles, plus I've seen Audi dealers put some big discounts on them (not sure if they are still doing that with the current market though). The new Ioniq5 is definitely also gonna eat the iD4 for lunch, everything I've been seeing for that vehicle has been impressive since the reviews dropped yesterday, not to mention it looks great.
Lease deals on eTrons are pretty impressive. I'm still firmly in the lease any electric car category.
Appreciate 0