BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, Tuning Modifications Remus anyone????

12-08-2021, 09:55 AM   #45
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SctsOut06 View Post
I'll try to get some clips tomorrow, but it sounds mean. Very nice tone—amazed at how insulated the cabin is. Right amount of pops on upshifts/downshifts. Crazy different with the windows down.

There was a GTR in the shop and the general consensus was that the M550i sounded much better!

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2021, 05:30 PM   #46
SctsOut06
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 M550i

First part of the video is comfort, then you can hear the switch to sport.

Super happy.

Link may not be working…

https://streamable.com/6d0ivp

[IMG]https://streamable.com/6d0ivp[/IMG]
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2022, 03:02 PM   #47
Southsidepaulie
Rep
Drives: 2018 M550

I've had mine on order since last November and they keep moving the goal post. Hopefully ill be able to get them next month
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2022, 06:14 AM   #48
Joe-BMW33
Major General
Rep
Drives: '18 M550i|'21 X5|'03 540i

Garage List
2013 VW Tiguan  [0.00]
2015 Infiniti QX60  [0.00]
2021 BMW X5  [0.00]
2003 BMW 540i  [0.00]
2018 BMW M550  [10.00]
Nice to see some of you getting systems and having them installed! All the clips sound great. This is where I am at. I ordered a full Dinan exhaust system with remote in mid December and at that point the estimated drop date was end of February. This got pushed to March a few weeks ago. I ordered through my certified Dinan shop, meaning I pay them and they put the order in and install it.

I am going to wait it out within reason. I don't really have an alternative. I have an all Dinan modified M550 now and I like sticking with that idea. I have heard from Pro's that nothing compares to the quality of the Dinan exhaust, not sure how true this is, but I want solid workmanship. Cut, weld, resonator delete is not an option. I know no one can see under the car, but as good as some of the pictures I have seen of custom x pipes or straight pipes, the welds look ugly to me. I want an unmolested end to end system. I am also more interested in the double rounds than the sound and you can't achieve this (without more molestation) on an M550 without a new axle back.

So we will see. If it was meant to be and if not, I'm stuck with the stock trapezoids. In terms of the issues all suppliers seem to be facing, I personally do not think it is demand. Sure, enthusiasts like us on these boards are in demand of the products, but I don't think the orders are off the charts across all these suppliers. I mean, it's a niche $4,000 system, it's not like a PS5 at Christmas time.

I do know the Dinan system is hand made, so maybe labor issues coupled with supply chain. My shop told me a while ago to put my order in and I could cancel at anytime for a full refund. I am glad I am dealing with my Dinan certified shop as I know there will be zero issues getting a refund and no double talk. I did procrastinate and should have put the order in over the summer, but waiting saved me almost a grand. Dinan ran a black Friday special for $3,000 for both axle back and mid x pipe. I still procrastinated! Then I made up my mind to do it, but it was back up to $4,000, so I literally checked the site daily for a price drop. They dropped from $4,000 to $3,300 in mid December for a few days and that was the trigger. They are back up to $4,000.

I'll keep you posted. End of March is ideal for me in the Boston area. I don't drive the car in the winter (it's been in my garage for two months) and even if it came in in February, I would let the shop hold it until end of March for winter to clear. Even April would be fine, but it would be great to know it is in hand.

Last edited by Joe-BMW33; 02-02-2022 at 06:25 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2022, 09:08 AM   #49
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe-BMW33 View Post
Nice to see some of you getting systems and having them installed! All the clips sound great. This is where I am at. I ordered a full Dinan exhaust system with remote in mid December and at that point the estimated drop date was end of February. This got pushed to March a few weeks ago. I ordered through my certified Dinan shop, meaning I pay them and they put the order in and install it.

I am going to wait it out within reason. I don't really have an alternative. I have an all Dinan modified M550 now and I like sticking with that idea. I have heard from Pro's that nothing compares to the quality of the Dinan exhaust, not sure how true this is, but I want solid workmanship. Cut, weld, resonator delete is not an option. I know no one can see under the car, but as good as some of the pictures I have seen of custom x pipes or straight pipes, the welds look ugly to me. I want an unmolested end to end system. I am also more interested in the double rounds than the sound and you can't achieve this (without more molestation) on an M550 without a new axle back.

So we will see. If it was meant to be and if not, I'm stuck with the stock trapezoids. In terms of the issues all suppliers seem to be facing, I personally do not think it is demand. Sure, enthusiasts like us on these boards are in demand of the products, but I don't think the orders are off the charts across all these suppliers. I mean, it's a niche $4,000 system, it's not like a PS5 at Christmas time.

I do know the Dinan system is hand made, so maybe labor issues coupled with supply chain. My shop told me a while ago to put my order in and I could cancel at anytime for a full refund. I am glad I am dealing with my Dinan certified shop as I know there will be zero issues getting a refund and no double talk. I did procrastinate and should have put the order in over the summer, but waiting saved me almost a grand. Dinan ran a black Friday special for $3,000 for both axle back and mid x pipe. I still procrastinated! Then I made up my mind to do it, but it was back up to $4,000, so I literally checked the site daily for a price drop. They dropped from $4,000 to $3,300 in mid December for a few days and that was the trigger. They are back up to $4,000.

I'll keep you posted. End of March is ideal for me in the Boston area. I don't drive the car in the winter (it's been in my garage for two months) and even if it came in in February, I would let the shop hold it until end of March for winter to clear. Even April would be fine, but it would be great to know it is in hand.
Good luck and let us know once you get the exhaust and install it

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2022, 03:52 PM   #50
Sreinhardt9
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@x-ph.com View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypto View Post
Actually if you dont mind confirming this or not since you work with them -- at one point one of the guys in the group buy was told Remus USA basically closed up shop out of no where and that was some kind of debacle. The person I previously e-mailed with is no longer listed on the website. The website also shows Remus USA's address moved from:

REMUS USA
5450 Louie Lane
Unit 102
Reno, NV 89511

to

REMUS PERFORMANCE LLC
14001 W HWY 29
Suite 102
Liberty Hill 78642

Not that people can't change addresses.. but this happened right between told the person being told they went AWOL. I am just posting this second hand but now I am quite curious and would be interested in further clarification or verification.
not familiar with the 78642 address

the Reno address was REMUS USA address (the US distributor). REMUS out of nowhere decided to shut down that distributor and cut ties with them. They moved to another distributor since then and it has been smooth

problem #1
customers that were waiting on their orders from the first distributor as REMUS pretty much cancelled their pending orders and now it was up to your vendor to find another source ( at the time the new distributor had not received their stock to fulfill cancelled orders).

i am proud of the work we did as we used international distributors and paid for international shipping out of pocket to get the exhausts to our customers asap. Some delays were non-avoidable but vendors played a big role during this phase and it made it clear who the good vendors are

problem #2
existing customers with warranty requests have to now deal with REMUS Austria directly and the process is not as easy or fast as dealing with your US vendor
Ordered my catback 7/21/21 and still waiting it's so hard to decide because I'm sick of waiting but I also like the sound the Remus system makes over any other brand I've seen so far
Appreciate 1
540iSUP703.00
      03-08-2022, 06:39 PM   #51
Sreinhardt9
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enjoiii View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by maDjzo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enjoiii View Post
Got it installed a few days ago
Yessir, need sound clips asap!
https://youtube.com/shorts/xiH8PM_utU8?feature=share

iPhone video doesn't do it any justice - also need to adjust the muffler when I get back in town in a few weeks. (Uneven right now)
Sounds amazing! What year is yours? I'm confused on the option on their website I have a 2020 with the new engine but they have the options of 2016+(N63R) or 2021+(N63TU2) should I go with the 2021 because I have the n63TU2 from the m850i?
Appreciate 0