BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum Photos - Video - Build Threads My 540ix Bluestone Build

12-02-2021, 08:14 PM   #155
Junebug85
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 540i xDrive - M Sport Plus

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyboy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junebug85 View Post
Thanks mate

In terms of brightness, they are not any dimmer then the originals. My initial thoughts were they actually looked brighter. They look so much better behind a darker lense, in my opinion
Thats good to hear, ill add them to my spreadsheet of parts to buy. I'm sorry to say, but i might be copying a lot of your upgrade choices you have , what is it they say " Imitation is the Sincerest Form of Flattery "?

I did a deal on a 540i today so i should have it on my driveway in the next few days
No worries mate go for it. That's what this forum and community is all about. Sharing and helping each other

Happy to send you links and places where I got alot of my stuff. I can DM you my number or email address - be easier to send you info that way.

Congrats on the new purchase

G30 540i xDrive / BM3 Stage 2+ / Remus Exhaust / MSS Springs / MPS4S / 20" BBS CI-R / Eibach Spacers / xHP Stg 3 / MST Intake / Lots of Gloss Black
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2021, 05:33 AM   #156
The Zimmer
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW G31 Touring

Quote:
I finally installed the bottom piece to the M Perf diffuser that I purchaed towards the end of last year. I waited to fit this on as I knew that the exhaust would need to be dropped off the car to have work done on it.

I think it now finishes the back off nicely. Goes really well with all the other black gloss bits.

Looking to add some rear side splitters. Think they would flow well like the one pictured below in carbon. Proving rather difficult to find ones in black gloss. The carbon ones are over $300 - don't really want to buy them and then have to wrap them either. Plus I think $300 is a little steep for something like that
Hey mate where did you get the rear skirts really interested in these.

Thanks
Paul
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2021, 06:27 PM   #157
Junebug85
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Christmas has come early - well for the car atleast

I told myself that I'll take it easy for a while but here we are with 2 more changes coming to the car soon. Hard to say no to a bit of BF discount!

Maxton Rear Side Splitters in Gloss Black. I opted to go for the F90 ones - comparing them to the G30 ones, the F90 ones were a bit a flatter having a lower profile. I think these will finish off the side of the car nicely and go well with the existing side ext's.

I also purchased an MST intake. I was debating this one for a while but with 15% off I thought why not. I have heard a 540i with this on and sounds so much better then the stock intake. I intially looked at the BMS and Arma Speed ones but I heard alot of positive comments from people having MST on their F series cars. I heard earlier this year they were releasing one for the G series cars - this made up my mind on which one to get and it would be best to wait!

Looking forward to getting these bits on as soon as it stops raining and the weather is bearable to be outside for more then 5 mins!
Attached Images

G30 540i xDrive / BM3 Stage 2+ / Remus Exhaust / MSS Springs / MPS4S / 20" BBS CI-R / Eibach Spacers / xHP Stg 3 / MST Intake / Lots of Gloss Black
Appreciate 1
mikeyr0x131.00
      12-11-2021, 11:52 AM   #158
buddyboy
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 17 540ix

I'm looking forward to your review on the MST intake. It's on my to do list. These cars are way too quiet in stock form . Fan you share a link to where you ordered from?
Appreciate 1
Junebug851589.00
      12-12-2021, 06:30 PM   #159
Junebug85
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
I'm looking forward to your review on the MST intake. It's on my to do list. These cars are way too quiet in stock form . Fan you share a link to where you ordered from?

Sure mate, its -

https://www.mst-performance.com/products/bw-g5401

They have the discount code on the website for 15% off.

I did have to pay some import charges to DHL before delivery

Appreciate 0
      12-14-2021, 02:27 PM   #160
shwrb
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2017 530i M Sport

Garage List
2017 530i  [0.00]
Quote:
I fitted some 50w CREE LED Pure White bulbs earlier and even coded out the bulb error warning message using BimmerCode.

I had to buy the UniCarScan OBD 2 device as my Vgate 3 wifi wss limited to what it can code on the G platform cars.

I looked through the modules but nothing was clear cut. I then went into expert mode and In the Body Domain Controller I found 3061. I remember this from when I coded the bulbs in my F30 335d.

Here's what I made Not Active:

3061 RFS_L_KALTUEBERWACHUNG = nicht aktiv
3061 RFS_L_WARMUEBERWACHUNG = nicht aktiv
3061 RFS_L_IS_LED = aktiv

3061 RFS_L_KALTUEBERWACHUNG = nicht aktiv
3061 RFS_L_WARMUEBERWACHUNG = nicht aktiv
3061 RFS_L_IS_LED aktiv

Coding successful and error gone! Even in daylight, they are quite bright
Apologies to it may be covered in your post..

Do you have a link for the reverse bulbs & the spacers?
Also, do they come with bolts or is that separate?
I've got the 20" alloys but RWD rather than xDrive

I've previously got the bimecc ones

Thanks

Last edited by shwrb; 12-14-2021 at 03:09 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2021, 05:48 PM   #161
Junebug85
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shwrb View Post
Apologies to it may be covered in your post..

Do you have a link for the reverse bulbs & the spacers?
Also, do they come with bolts or is that separate?
I've got the 20" alloys but RWD rather than xDrive

I've previously got the bimecc ones

Thanks
Hey bud,

Sure the links are below:

Bulbs - https://www.horizonleds.co.uk/bay9s-...e%20led%20h21w

They sell them as singles, so remember to add 2 to your basket (I nearly made the mistake of only ordering 1 as I assumed they came in pairs)

Spacers - 15mm Eibach:

https://www.autodoc.co.uk/eibach/12832088

I had to buy 40mm wheel bolts separately. I checked with Eibach and they confirmed that 40mm bolts are good for 10mm, 12mm and 15mm spacers.

These are the ones I got:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/123342083919

Appreciate 0
      12-21-2021, 05:52 PM   #162
Junebug85
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Hey bud,

here's the link:

Use MST2021 for 15% off the price.

I did get hit with a DHL import charge of around £50. They ship them out from Taiwan - kind of took away the discount but oh well!

Appreciate 0
      12-22-2021, 07:10 AM   #163
buddyboy
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Hey bud,

here's the link:

I did get hit with a DHL import charge of around £50. They ship them out from Taiwan - kind of took away the discount but oh well!

More importantly, did you get get it installed yet? I found a UK supplier that has one in stock im just waiting on them to send me an invoice for it since its not listed on their website
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2021, 04:35 PM   #164
shwrb
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2017 530i M Sport

Garage List
2017 530i  [0.00]
Quote:
Hey bud,

Sure the links are below:

Bulbs - https://www.horizonleds.co.uk/bay9s-...e%20led%20h21w

They sell them as singles, so remember to add 2 to your basket (I nearly made the mistake of only ordering 1 as I assumed they came in pairs)

Spacers - 15mm Eibach:

https://www.autodoc.co.uk/eibach/12832088

I had to buy 40mm wheel bolts separately. I checked with Eibach and they confirmed that 40mm bolts are good for 10mm, 12mm and 15mm spacers.

These are the ones I got:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/123342083919
Hi mate,

Thanks for the links
Appreciate 1
Junebug851589.00
      12-25-2021, 05:32 PM   #165
Junebug85
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Hey bud,

here's the link:

More importantly, did you get get it installed yet? I found a UK supplier that has one in stock im just waiting on them to send me an invoice for it since its not listed on their website
I haven't had a chance to install it yet. Hoping to do it next week - if not, it will be in the new year.

Car is filthy and needs a good clean first

My OCD won't allow me to install new parts on a dirty car lol!

Appreciate 0
      12-26-2021, 10:48 PM   #166
I3LaZeN
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW G30 540i

Quote:

I told myself that I'll take it easy for a while but here we are with 2 more changes coming to the car soon. Hard to say no to a bit of BF discount!

Maxton Rear Side Splitters in Gloss Black. I opted to go for the F90 ones - comparing them to the G30 ones, the F90 ones were a bit a flatter having a lower profile. I think these will finish off the side of the car nicely and go well with the existing side ext's.

I also purchased an MST intake. I was debating this one for a while but with 15% off I thought why not. I have heard a 540i with this on and sounds so much better then the stock intake. I intially looked at the BMS and Arma Speed ones but I heard alot of positive comments from people having MST on their F series cars. I heard earlier this year they were releasing one for the G series cars - this made up my mind on which one to get and it would be best to wait!

Looking forward to getting these bits on as soon as it stops raining and the weather is bearable to be outside for more then 5 mins!
I've been watching these Maxton rear sides since it was on pre-order lol.
How were you able to see the difference between the F90 and the G30? They look pretty identical lol.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2021, 07:53 AM   #167
Junebug85
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by I3LaZeN View Post
Quote:

How were you able to see the difference between the F90 and the G30? They look pretty identical lol.
Hey bro,

In the picture, the top ones are the F90 and the bottom are the G30. On the F90 one the front bit is higher then the rear section, where as on the G30 ones, the rear section is higher then the front bit - makes it look like there's another level almost.

I've test fitted the ones I have and they sit much closer to the bumper and flow better with the side splitters in my opinion
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-28-2021, 08:08 PM   #168
I3LaZeN
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW G30 540i

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by I3LaZeN View Post
Quote:

Hey bro,

In the picture, the top ones are the F90 and the bottom are the G30. On the F90 one the front bit is higher then the rear section, where as on the G30 ones, the rear section is higher then the front bit - makes it look like there's another level almost.

I've test fitted the ones I have and they sit much closer to the bumper and flow better with the side splitters in my opinion
Appreciate it bro. Gonna probably order them as well. Didnt even think about f90 vs G30 -- thank you for pointing it out!
Appreciate 1
Junebug851589.00
      12-31-2021, 12:16 PM   #169
buddyboy
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I haven't had a chance to install it yet. Hoping to do it next week - if not, it will be in the new year.

I got mine today, I'll get it fitted tomorrow. Hopefully it sounds good!
Appreciate 1
Junebug851589.00
      12-31-2021, 03:03 PM   #170
Rocket455
Grumpysaurus Rex
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M550i

Garage List
1972 Firechicken  [0.00]
1969 Toronado  [0.00]
1970 Camaro  [0.00]
Quote:
IND centre grille trim piece fitted in Bluestone Metallic. I was never a fan if the black centre and always thought it looked odd.

A little change like this transforms the whole look!
I saw pics of your car towards the end of the thread, but had to go back to get to this part! Like you said, tiny change but it's very noticeable, caught my eye right away!
      12-31-2021, 07:02 PM   #171
Junebug85
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket455 View Post
Quote:
IND centre grille trim piece fitted in Bluestone Metallic. I was never a fan if the black centre and always thought it looked odd.

A little change like this transforms the whole look!
I saw pics of your car towards the end of the thread, but had to go back to get to this part! Like you said, tiny change but it's very noticeable, caught my eye right away!
Thank you

Appreciate 0
      12-31-2021, 07:04 PM   #172
Junebug85
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

I got mine today, I'll get it fitted tomorrow. Hopefully it sounds good!
Let me know how the install goes

Appreciate 0
      01-04-2022, 03:07 PM   #173
Junebug85
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Rear Side Splitter Ext's fitted...

Finally got round to fitting the rear side splitters I ordered a month or so ago.

As mentioned previously, I felt the F90 ones fitted better and it was what I was looking for to match with the side extension's on the car already. Secured with some 3M tape and a couple of 25mm coach screws each side.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
I3LaZeN504.50
      01-13-2022, 12:03 PM   #174
hems77
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2019 G30 520i M Sport

Quote:
Fitted some gloss black M style mirror caps earlier...
Hi mate

I bought some of these recently but the fitment isn't great - the indicator just doesn't want to go in and sit nicely. Think I may return them.

Where did you get these from?

Cheers 😊
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2022, 01:10 PM   #175
Junebug85
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hems77 View Post
Quote:
Fitted some gloss black M style mirror caps earlier...
Hi mate

I bought some of these recently but the fitment isn't great - the indicator just doesn't want to go in and sit nicely. Think I may return them.

Where did you get these from?

Cheers
Hey mate,

Do you know if yours were RHD? I know they also do LHD caps which are slightly different but look almost identical.

Mine are the SSDD Motorsport ones but I got them second hand on eBay.

https://www.ssdd-motorsport.com/bmw-...mirror-covers/

Sterling Automotive do some at a very reasonable price. I have their bodykit and is very good quality, so I would expect the mirror covers to be just as good.

https://www.sterling-automotive.co.u...s-g30-g31-pair

Hope this helps

Appreciate 0
      01-13-2022, 02:39 PM   #176
hems77
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2019 G30 520i M Sport

Quote:
Hey mate,

Do you know if yours were RHD? I know they also do LHD caps which are slightly different but look almost identical.

Mine are the SSDD Motorsport ones but I got them second hand on eBay.

https://www.ssdd-motorsport.com/bmw-...mirror-covers/

Sterling Automotive do some at a very reasonable price. I have their bodykit and is very good quality, so I would expect the mirror covers to be just as good.

https://www.sterling-automotive.co.u...s-g30-g31-pair

Hope this helps
Hey mate

Thanks for this.

Re RHD - that's what I thought too. In fact the seller mentioned they could have sent me LHD by mistake. The markings inside suggest they're LHD but they're insisting they are not. I'm not convinced - think they're just fobbing me off.

Glad you mentioned Sterling - saw these too when I did a quick google. For that price I was going to question the quality but if you've bought from them already I'll trust your judgement. Might go for these! After I return these others first.

Thanks again! Much appreciated!
Appreciate 1
Junebug851589.00