BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum G30 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, European Delivery Bowers Wilkins not offered?

09-18-2021, 03:26 PM   #1
elonepb
Rep
Drives: 2019 M550i

Bowers Wilkins not offered?

Got a call from my dealership on an order I thought was placed two weeks ago. He says it looks good for production but that BMW isn't offering the Bowers Wilkins system due to chip shortage?

Is that right? Not sure why it would've been accepted before but now held up. This is for a 2022 M550i.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2021, 04:37 PM   #2
5aber
Rep
Drives: -

Quote:
Originally Posted by elonepb View Post
Got a call from my dealership on an order I thought was placed two weeks ago. He says it looks good for production but that BMW isn't offering the Bowers Wilkins system due to chip shortage?

Is that right? Not sure why it would've been accepted before but now held up. This is for a 2022 M550i.

I've got an M550i on order and today I emailed my local dealership asking to add in Bowers Wilkins system. I'll let you know when I hear from him.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2021, 11:10 PM   #3
sandwi54
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: G07, F90

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5aber View Post
Quote:

I've got an M550i on order and today I emailed my local dealership asking to add in Bowers Wilkins system. I'll let you know when I hear from him.
There's no B&W across all the models now.
      09-19-2021, 08:34 AM   #4
elonepb
Rep
Drives: 2019 M550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandwi54 View Post
Ugh is this something I can hold out for? It's literally the only option I wanted.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2021, 11:35 AM   #5
sandwi54
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: G07, F90

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandwi54 View Post
Ugh is this something I can hold out for? It's literally the only option I wanted.
Yeah I feel you. It seems that if you want the B&W, your product will just be pushed back indefinitely. However I'm a firm believer of getting what you want and not compromise, so if I were you I'd wait for it.
      09-21-2021, 08:05 AM   #6
pepitko
Czech_Republic
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW 540ix Touring

Harman Kardon isn't available either AFAIK. I had to remove it from my 540i order back in May. So I opted for the BMW speaker upgrade (not the stock stereo).
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2021, 09:18 AM   #7
ArchieV
Corporal
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 540i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepitko View Post
Harman Kardon isn't available either AFAIK. I had to remove it from my 540i order back in May. So I opted for the BMW speaker upgrade (not the stock stereo).
I was able to select the HK option on my end of August order. Still in order received status so can't say much more than that but not feel too optimistic that it won't get removed. Hoping I get lucky because I'm really not a fan of the HiFi on my wife's 21 X5. The speaker upgrade are you talking about something like BAVASOUND?
      09-21-2021, 09:28 PM   #8
smacky
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 5er

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepitko View Post
I think it's standard on the 550 and I got a 22 with it with no issue. Perhaps if it's an upgrade option on the other models it may not be available?
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2021, 07:58 AM   #9
pepitko
Czech_Republic
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW 540ix Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchieV View Post
I was able to select the HK option on my end of August order. Still in order received status so can't say much more than that but not feel too optimistic that it won't get removed. Hoping I get lucky because I'm really not a fan of the HiFi on my wife's 21 X5. The speaker upgrade are you talking about something like BAVASOUND?
I've opted for the 676 HiFi system upgrade, which is just a step above the base stereo but HK wasn't available when I made the order and B&W was too expensive.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2021, 02:40 AM   #10
5aber
Rep
Drives: -

Quote:
My local dealer finally got back to me and confirmed BW sound system can be added to my car. He also mentioned wireless charger, digital key and boot gesture are no longer restricted and they are available to be ordered. However, he wasn't quite sure if this was applicable to my order.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2021, 03:37 AM   #11
AP
Major General
Rep
Drives: G30 M550

This is the issue at the moment
Trade values supposed to be at a high but if ordering new, chance you won't get all the options due to these chip shortages, and you might know at order time

I assume if they later turn round and state that your order will not have option X then you are perfectly ok to reject and cancel as it's not what you ordered.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2021, 11:16 PM   #12
Antec800
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 340i x drive

Quote:
My local dealer finally got back to me and confirmed BW sound system can be added to my car. He also mentioned wireless charger, digital key and boot gesture are no longer restricted and they are available to be ordered. However, he wasn't quite sure if this was applicable to my order.
Can you see if it’s still possible for this dealer to add it for a new build, mine won’t as of this week
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2021, 02:47 PM   #13
tumtumtum
Rep
Drives: BMW 530i

I got B&W speakers on my 545e delivered last month. This is the UK. Was I lucky?
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2021, 06:21 PM   #14
SomaM550i
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 Aventurine Red M550i

B&W aren't available for US based new 2022 m550i. Parking assist is now available although it doesn't show it on the website.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2021, 08:51 AM   #15
SteveinArizona
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchieV View Post
Probably the upgrade to the HIFI system. Worldwide, BMW seems to have base, HiFi, HK and B&W with the HiFi being the base in the US.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2021, 12:59 PM   #16
EdgeyPlays
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M550i 2021

2022 BMW550i B&W Stereo

Someone said it... Bowers and Wilkins is not offered on any car right now because of chip shortages and supply. I just spoke to my dealer. Although JUST to piss me off... the soft close doors are available again.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2021, 01:33 PM   #17
SonD
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 545e (Finally :-) )

I posted this in the 'complete list of deleted.." thread on here only a day or so ago:-

B&W is still available, (certainly for the UK) albeit with extended delivery (it's holding my build date up right now (545E)
Checked an hour ago as its a major no no if it gets deleted.
There would have been a major bulletin for dealers if this had gone AWOL, & my order would not have happened.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2021, 03:23 PM   #18
LogicalApex
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW 530xe

Garage List
2020 BMW 530xe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonD View Post
I posted this in the 'complete list of deleted.." thread on here only a day or so ago:-

B&W is still available, (certainly for the UK) albeit with extended delivery (it's holding my build date up right now (545E)
Checked an hour ago as its a major no no if it gets deleted.
There would have been a major bulletin for dealers if this had gone AWOL, & my order would not have happened.
The UK and other markets still get some options that BMW will delete for us in the US. I think it is largely due to our market size that makes it more challenging as they have to offer it in the US entirely or not otherwise dealers would be very upset if CA could get them, but NJ couldn’t or something.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2021, 03:32 PM   #19
SonD
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 545e (Finally :-) )

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicalApex View Post
The UK and other markets still get some options that BMW will delete for us in the US. I think it is largely due to our market size that makes it more challenging as they have to offer it in the US entirely or not otherwise dealers would be very upset if CA could get them, but NJ couldn’t or something.
I think you are 100% there, and a possible reason for the lack of 545E as of yet in the states.
It could cause big demand for scarce resources.
I was informally told that BMW are still working to JIT deliveries (how, I cannot imagine) so need to build up a book of orders per pack per car. So me wanting TZ Blue, B&W etc etc, really adds a significant time to a build date (still not got one 7 weeks in)
I also discovered UK /EU only get a VIN as the car comes off the production line, not before, so only then are actual specs locked in place.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2021, 04:07 PM   #20
YETIinFL
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 M550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonD View Post
I think you are 100% there, and a possible reason for the lack of 545E as of yet in the states.
It could cause big demand for scarce resources.
You make a great point which is why I believe they do not list items back on the Build Your Own car portion -- the demand for scarce resources.

If you do your research and ASK for an option, it might be available. But they are not freely advertising them. When I told the dealer that the only option missing was the Parking Assist, the General Manager said "actually it is available on the M550." So I put in the order, it was accepted and I received a VIN, only to find that Germany had removed the Parking Assist from my build.

But from the dealer's perspective, they were allowed to option the vehicle with it. Normally if an item is not available, it cannot be selected on the build. Still not sure what happened to my build, but I decided to wait for the next allocation -- hopefully Jan or Feb.
Appreciate 0