BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum G30 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, European Delivery 2022 M550ix w/Individual choices

12-09-2021, 07:11 AM   #23
LuvMyE92
Occasionally frequent poster
Rep
Drives: CT5V-Blackwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jblackbelt View Post
Does your order show 6UX iDrive controller classic? Apparently the iDrive controllers with touch pad have been removed due to the pandemic.
Oh darn, I thought that was just for 3 series, and that the 5 still got 'em.

Best of luck OP. My car is the same exterior color (or colour) but I haven't yet gotten an allocation, much less a production number. I'm hoping that by the time it gets scheduled, more of these parts will become available.
Past: E24,E28(3),E34,E36,E37,E38(2),E39(4),E46,E89,E92 (obviously),F01,F06,F10,F30,F87,G12,G30(2),G82(2)
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2021, 10:27 AM   #24
Jblackbelt
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X5 xDrive50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvMyE92 View Post
Quote:
Does your order show 6UX iDrive controller classic? Apparently the iDrive controllers with touch pad have been removed due to the pandemic.
Oh darn, I thought that was just for 3 series, and that the 5 still got 'em.

Best of luck OP. My car is the same exterior color (or colour) but I haven't yet gotten an allocation, much less a production number. I'm hoping that by the time it gets scheduled, more of these parts will become available.
Thanks! Fingers crossed. You too
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2022, 08:54 AM   #25
BrewsterGreenM550
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M550i Brewster Green

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by M1903a3 View Post
Quote:
Yes, it shows iDrive controller classic. Is that with or without touch pad?
Unfortunately that's without the touch pad
I have a build starting week 4. Was advised that the iDrive controller would not have touchpad functionality at my final meeting with the dealer, and that the price of the Executive Package would be $200 less.

Ok, that's fine. But then…

Took a look at the build tool last night with the Executive Package option selected, the controller now appears in the standard aluminum pearl finish and not the dark finish ceramic. Climate and volume knobs still appear in dark ceramic. Calling my dealer today, this would be a much bigger disappointment than simply losing the touchpad functionality.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2022, 10:28 AM   #26
bluzbra
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 M550i / '20 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by str8face View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I have a build starting week 4. Was advised that the iDrive controller would not have touchpad functionality at my final meeting with the dealer, and that the price of the Executive Package would be $200 less.

Took a look at the build tool last night with the Executive Package option selected, the controller now appears in the standard aluminum pearl finish and not the dark finish ceramic. Climate and volume knobs still appear in dark ceramic. Calling my dealer today, this would be a much bigger disappointment than simply losing the touchpad functionality.
I actually noticed that too the other day when playing around with the packages, but wasn't sure if it meant the iDrive controller wouldn't be ceramic either. I suppose it's possible because they probably haven't sourced a non-touch ceramic iDrive controller in years. I ultimately selected Premium Package on my build (week 6) because I don't like the ceramic controls on the iDrive controller as they tend to get dirty real quick. My last M550i had it and it got annoying. So might be a blessing in disguise if you can live without it!
      01-11-2022, 10:45 AM   #27
BrewsterGreenM550
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M550i Brewster Green

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluzbra View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by str8face View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I actually noticed that too the other day when playing around with the packages, but wasn't sure if it meant the iDrive controller wouldn't be ceramic either. I suppose it's possible because they probably haven't sourced a non-touch ceramic iDrive controller in years. I ultimately selected Premium Package on my build (week 6) because I don't like the ceramic controls on the iDrive controller as they tend to get dirty real quick. My last M550i had it and it got annoying. So might be a blessing in disguise if you can live without it!
Less fingerprints and gunk is always better for sure… only thing aside from the look of it is that the aluminum pearl finish started to peel off around the controller on my old 328, revealing white plastic underneath. It's definitely a high-wear component. Drove me insane.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2022, 05:34 PM   #28
eliphil
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M550I

great color combo the blue calipers pop
Appreciate 0