BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum iDrive, Audio, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics + Coding Coding M performance display and M Sport

01-09-2022, 08:58 PM   #1
Rodders2018
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M550

Coding M performance display and M Sport

I have 2018 550i….

Which dash diplays can I code with BimmerCode…

With BimmerCode there are 5-6 to chose from, so not sure which ones work?

Any images appreciated.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2022, 11:22 AM   #2
raduron10
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Bmw G30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodders2018 View Post
I have 2018 550i….

Which dash diplays can I code with BimmerCode…

With BimmerCode there are 5-6 to chose from, so not sure which ones work?

Any images appreciated.

Thanks
If you have the full digital dashboard option than you can code only the Alpina Display if I remember right, that is from 2 years ago when I coded mine.

The options that you are talking about are those that appear in the dashboard itself during driving, but it is just a sign or a letter in the middle of the dash, nothing more.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2022, 12:46 PM   #3
Rodders2018
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by raduron10 View Post
If you have the full digital dashboard option than you can code only the Alpina Display if I remember right, that is from 2 years ago when I coded mine.

The options that you are talking about are those that appear in the dashboard itself during driving, but it is just a sign or a letter in the middle of the dash, nothing more.
Ahhhhh. Ok… thanks. That makes sense.

I wish there was more on my heads up display. Like a tach bar or gizmo’s

But we cannot have it all!

Appreciate input. I have seen the Alpina and as my car is bluestone metallic, that blue gauge spirt mode is kinda cool.

Motor On!
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2022, 09:26 PM   #4
Rodders2018
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by raduron10 View Post

Well… this appears to be layout option. Not logos as shown below this choice.

Anyone know what the M performance 200 looks like?

I may give it try, but wasn’t sure compatibility. I have the full digital Executive Luxe package. But with my luck, I will pick layout and have blank screen. 😂
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-11-2022, 08:19 AM   #5
Rodders2018
Private
Rep

Spot on with Alpina Display comment. My 2018 has semi digital dash. Chose Alpina for Front Unit code update and nothing changed. I did change logo…

I wonder if there is additional code flag in Head Unit… but per reply above it may not be feasible change, but seems there would be a Alpina option, as there was an Alpina in 2018 available. Yes?
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2022, 01:43 PM   #6
raduron10
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Bmw G30

Quote:

I may give it try, but wasn’t sure compatibility. I have the full digital Executive Luxe package. But with my luck, I will pick layout and have blank screen. 😂
Bimmercode is safe and it is very unlikely to brake something, even though in rare cases it did happen. You also have a backup in case something goes wrong.

I have never seen any layout other than the Alpina one, for the digital dashboard. You can try all the options available and see what happens.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2022, 04:04 AM   #7
en1gma
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G03 X3

You can change the start-up logo in the central iDrive screen as well with BimmerCode.

I have coded Alpina for the main dials and a "M" logo (in the M sport colours) instead of the default BMW ConnectedDrive for the iDrive screen. This is in a G30 2017 530i.

When I did it, there were other BMW Group options you could choose from including the aforementioned M, MINI, and Rolls Royce…
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2022, 07:41 AM   #8
SteveinArizona
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e

Quote:
Spot on with Alpina Display comment. My 2018 has semi digital dash. Chose Alpina for Front Unit code update and nothing changed. I did change logo…

I wonder if there is additional code flag in Head Unit… but per reply above it may not be feasible change, but seems there would be a Alpina option, as there was an Alpina in 2018 available. Yes?
I have had the Alpina display in my 2018 530e. So it is possible.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2022, 08:41 AM   #9
en1gma
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G03 X3

Quote:
You need the fully-digital dash, the one with the numbers on the physical plastic dial will not work.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2022, 12:59 PM   #10
mcasteels
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW G30 530e, Mini F60 SE

Quote:

The M 200 is not possible on the round digital cluster. You need the same cluster as the one in the LCI.
Appreciate 0