BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum iDrive, Audio, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics + Coding Bmw g30 Europe maps in USA model

11-12-2021, 05:51 PM   #1
vourexx
Greece
Rep
Drives: BMW g30 530ix

Bmw g30 Europe maps in USA model

Hello I have bought a g30 from USA and import to Greece, everything in car don't work, for example navigation, connected drive radio stations and more, how it's possible to install Greek maps and other thing to work? Any idea?
Attached Images

11-12-2021, 10:25 PM   #2
akuwes710
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: G30 530i

You can take it to dealership and pay for greece map. If you have apple carplay you can use it.. if you dont have it, either pay dealer 300 or someone here can give you software for self installation less than 100.

Radio wise i really dont know.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2021, 12:52 AM   #3
vourexx
Greece
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by akuwes710 View Post
You can take it to dealership and pay for greece map. If you have apple carplay you can use it.. if you dont have it, either pay dealer 300 or someone here can give you software for self installation less than 100.

Radio wise i really dont know.
Unfortunately dealership it's terrible here and says it's cannot do anything for us models car play it's works
      11-13-2021, 04:22 AM   #4
BigMofoFrog
Private First Class
Czech_Republic
Rep
Drives: BMW M850i

I'm in the process of moving my M850i from Canada to Europe. It's on the ship as we speak. I've done a fair bit of research into this and while it's still not crystal clear what will work when it arrives. My car has ID7 with MGU Head Unit, so likely a few differences in coding and what can be done. Some things I do know:

- Connected Drive likely won't work as the telematics box in the car is North America specific.
- I ordered a region change and map update to convert from NA maps to Europe (MGU Live maps). It came on a USB and I will plug it in and change it when I get the car again in Europe. PM me and I'll give you the company who sent me the package if you like. But there are others on this forum that can likely help as well with your map/HU version.
- The radio frequencies will need to be coded to Europe in likely the HU and RAM modules to give you working radios.
- I changed my tail lights to EU/ECE spec ones with rear fog lights and amber turn signals and changed to light control switch, along with coding my BDC_Body(3) to operate the separated turn signals.

Glad to see you have working Carplay, my fingers are crossed that mine will still work there.

Hope this helps a little.
      11-13-2021, 01:36 PM   #5
mrgicm
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW M

I can do it if you like. Pm sent
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2021, 03:07 PM   #6
vourexx
Greece
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMofoFrog View Post
I'm in the process of moving my M850i from Canada to Europe. It's on the ship as we speak. I've done a fair bit of research into this and while it's still not crystal clear what will work when it arrives. My car has ID7 with MGU Head Unit, so likely a few differences in coding and what can be done. Some things I do know:

- Connected Drive likely won't work as the telematics box in the car is North America specific.
- I ordered a region change and map update to convert from NA maps to Europe (MGU Live maps). It came on a USB and I will plug it in and change it when I get the car again in Europe. PM me and I'll give you the company who sent me the package if you like. But there are others on this forum that can likely help as well with your map/HU version.
- The radio frequencies will need to be coded to Europe in likely the HU and RAM modules to give you working radios.
- I changed my tail lights to EU/ECE spec ones with rear fog lights and amber turn signals and changed to light control switch, along with coding my BDC_Body(3) to operate the separated turn signals.

Glad to see you have working Carplay, my fingers are crossed that mine will still work there.

Thank you for your reply, and for all information if you want send me pm with the company to make a inquiry, very nice the 850 can you send me more info about tail light ? Because mine don't has back fog lights
      12-02-2021, 01:22 PM   #7
maximking
Banned
Rep
Drives: F10

Quote:
Originally Posted by vourexx View Post
Hello I have bought a g30 from USA and import to Greece, everything in car don't work, for example navigation, connected drive radio stations and more, how it's possible to install Greek maps and other thing to work? Any idea?
if didn t managed to change pm me , can help you out with full region change programing/coding
Appreciate 2
      12-05-2021, 01:53 AM   #8
Wojti_
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW F11, G30

Quote:
Originally Posted by vourexx View Post
If you have evo 5 or 6 send mevin pm, I can help changed region maps from USA to Europe, with code maps lifetime.
We can activate also carplay

Last edited by Wojti_; 12-05-2021 at 02:29 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2022, 03:44 PM   #9
vlad_2
Registered
Rep
Drives: 530ex

tail lights to EU

Could you describe in detail how you coded.
I found
LIC_LOG_LAMP_2_OUTPUTCHANELINDEX G30_ESE_HELC
LIC_LOG_LAMP_2_OUTPUTCHANELDATA G30_ESE_HELC
But the brake light and turn signal light only on the outer part
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2022, 03:47 PM   #10
vourexx
Greece
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlad_2 View Post

Could you describe in detail how you coded.
I found
LIC_LOG_LAMP_2_OUTPUTCHANELINDEX G30_ESE_HELC
LIC_LOG_LAMP_2_OUTPUTCHANELDATA G30_ESE_HELC
But the brake light and turn signal light only on the outer part
I have this problem also inner taillights turn signals not working
      02-17-2022, 01:13 PM   #11
Ahmaddoski
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 bmw 330i Us spec

Quote:

Hello, sorry for bringing this up again, can you send me the company details that you contacted for map region change, let me know how it worked for you kindly
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2022, 02:05 PM   #12
BigMofoFrog
Private First Class
Czech_Republic
Rep
Drives: BMW M850i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmaddoski View Post
Quote:

Hello, sorry for bringing this up again, can you send me the company details that you contacted for map region change, let me know how it worked for you kindly
PM sent.
      07-27-2022, 01:37 AM   #13
MatrixRev
Rep
Drives: F44

MGU NA maps to Europe

Hi Guys,
I'm new here (First post )
Any help with region change and map update (convert MGU Live maps from NA to Europe).
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2022, 02:27 PM   #14
kubax86
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatrixRev View Post
Hi Guys,
I'm new here (First post )
Any help with region change and map update (convert MGU Live maps from NA to Europe).
Thanks
Yes, no issues. We offer that.
Contact through webstore or email in signature.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2022, 02:19 AM   #15
MatrixRev
Rep
Drives: F44

Quote:
Originally Posted by kubax86 View Post
Yes, no issues. We offer that.
Contact through webstore or email in signature.
Thank You!
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2023, 05:06 PM   #16
SvetlioG20
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M340I xdrive

maximking can you help me with region change?
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2023, 05:36 PM   #17
kubax86
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SvetlioG20 View Post
maximking can you help me with region change?
If needed help pm me
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2023, 02:59 PM   #18
pcp1234
Private
Rep
Drives: G03

i can fix you up with European setup in idrive, dm me
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2024, 05:19 AM   #19
Aludaris
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 5 G30 530iX

pcp1234 can you contact me ? I would like to know how to change USA rado frequency to EU
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2024, 07:23 AM   #20
Ermists21
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw f44 gc 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximking View Post
if didn t managed to change pm me , can help you out with full region change programing/coding
Hey mate can you help me with change region on bmw f44 2020.
Mgu / idrive 7
From Japan to Europe
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2024, 04:27 AM   #21
kubax86
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ermists21 View Post
Hey mate can you help me with change region on bmw f44 2020.
Mgu / idrive 7
From Japan to Europe
Yes, sure we can do it.
2 options.
1st Remote (which is expensive) 2nd you need to send headunit to me (way way cheaper)
If you're interested contact through website or email.
Appreciate 0