BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum G30 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, European Delivery Help Please.

01-08-2022, 09:26 AM   #1
bpclark0911
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 2021 x7

Help Please.

Currently driving a loaded 2019 X5 Msport. Looking to upgrade and I'm curious if anyone has come from a x5 and went to a 5 series? It seems like the 2022 5 series has more options to choose from than the x5 which is prompting my interest in addition to driving something new.

I welcome your input as I debate going from a suv to car.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2022, 11:24 PM   #2
ArchieV
Corporal
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 540i xDrive

So my wife and I actually bought both those cars about 6 months apart. Got her a 21 X5 40i (non-M)in May and 22 540 for myself about a month back. Off the bat if you have 2+ kids in boosters and carry around any dogs etc definitely go for the X5. The backseat capacity alone will want to sway you away from the 5.

In addition if you take quite a few trips to hardware stores like and carry larger items quite frequently again definitely would recommend sticking with the X5.

That said if the things above are not a factor or a limitation for you I would say definitely the 5. Although our X5 isn't an M sport I'd find it hard to believe that had it been one it would be a driving competitor to an 5 m sport. X5 is very good in its own right as I'm sure you've come to find out but you just don't get the same driving dynamic from the SUV as you do from the sedan. As a drivers car I'd pick my 5 every day.