BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General BMW News and Cars Discussion NY Auto Show - BMW Booth

03-28-2016, 02:55 PM   #1
TheRealEssad
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 328i xDrive

NY Auto Show - BMW Booth

I haven't seen any other threads on the NY Auto Show, so I was curious if anyone else has gone yet. I plan to go on Wednesday.

Does anyone know which BMW models are at the show this year? I'm hoping to see the F36 4GC.

I read that they have also brought some classic models as well to celebrate the 100th anniversary. Anyone have any impressions of their showing this year?
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2016, 02:59 PM   #2
AIRPOWER
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 6MT YMB M3, 1974 Corvette

Garage List
2015 BMW M3  [9.67]
Thread was already started....... button works pretty good.

http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...=New+York+show

Looks like the M760 V12, Alpina B7, M2, M4 CPZ, and M4 GTS will all be there

Appreciate 0
      03-28-2016, 03:11 PM   #3
TheRealEssad
Private First Class
Rep

I did see that thread, but the conversation was focusing on the M3 and not the rest of the showing.

I saw another picture of a late 70's M1 so was wondering if other models were there too.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2016, 07:24 PM   #4
trey100
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Competition

I went but didn't take many photos. The M3 ZCP was in a dark corner so quality is bad. You can see the M1 in the background of the NSX photo.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-30-2016, 07:34 AM   #5
pseto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 ZCP, F80 M3 ZCP- beater

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealEssad View Post
I haven't seen any other threads on the NY Auto Show, so I was curious if anyone else has gone yet. I plan to go on Wednesday.

Does anyone know which BMW models are at the show this year? I'm hoping to see the F36 4GC.

I read that they have also brought some classic models as well to celebrate the 100th anniversary. Anyone have any impressions of their showing this year?
I was there for the BMWCCA preview and this was one of the better displays over the years. The M1 was the only real 'historic' car; I was hoping for more. M4 GTS, M2, M3 Competition, M Sport X4, M Sport 760ix, Alpina B7, 330e, i8 and some others were there too.

Become a BMW CCA member; Click HERE to join and use my member #339225 for a referral
Join our NCC Facebook Page
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2016, 11:09 PM   #6
TheRealEssad
Private First Class
Rep

I ended up going on Wednesday. I agree it was a very good showing by them. I did wish the M1 was on the floor so you could see it up close. But, I was VERY disappointed most of the cars were locked. There's always one manufacturer that does this every year (two years ago it was MB), and it's always annoying.

People come to sit in the cars, why keep them locked? Porsche did this as well but that wasn't as surprising.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2016, 11:11 PM   #7
TheRealEssad
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseto View Post
I was there for the BMWCCA preview and this was one of the better displays over the years. The M1 was the only real 'historic' car; I was hoping for more. M4 GTS, M2, M3 Competition, M Sport X4, M Sport 760ix, Alpina B7, 330e, i8 and some others were there too.
They also had a M Sport 435 GC with carbon fiber lip, side sills and mirrors, and 20" wheels. It was quite hot.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2016, 11:12 PM   #8
TheRealEssad
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by trey100 View Post
I went but didn't take many photos. The M3 ZCP was in a dark corner so quality is bad. You can see the M1 in the background of the NSX photo.
Thanks for the pics. The new NSX looks GREAT.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2016, 12:25 PM   #9
BMWM5NYC
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 Monte Carlo Blue M5

Quote:
I ended up going on Wednesday. I agree it was a very good showing by them. I did wish the M1 was on the floor so you could see it up close. But, I was VERY disappointed most of the cars were locked. There's always one manufacturer that does this every year (two years ago it was MB), and it's always annoying.

People come to sit in the cars, why keep them locked? Porsche did this as well but that wasn't as surprising.
They lock them because most of the time the cars are locally supplied by local dealers and when they leave them open lowlifes come in and take everything in the inside like buttons and knobs and charger covers interior emblems, shifter knobs etc. So eventually year by year more and more cars get locked.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2016, 10:04 PM   #10
TheRealEssad
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwm3nyc View Post
They lock them because most of the time the cars are locally supplied by local dealers and when they leave them open lowlifes come in and take everything in the inside like buttons and knobs and charger covers interior emblems, shifter knobs etc. So eventually year by year more and more cars get locked.
I can see that but it seems like the manufacturer with the locked doors changes every year. Two years ago it was MB but that year they brought all AMG models, so I guess that was understandable. And bmw itself had all of their suv's on the lower level open. It was just the sedans that were locked.

I did sit in a Lexus with no shifter knob so I guess this is a real thing.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2016, 06:12 AM   #11
TedA
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3 ZCP Mineral White

Quote:
I did see that thread, but the conversation was focusing on the M3 and not the rest of the showing.

I saw another picture of a late 70's M1 so was wondering if other models were there too.
There were some current m4, m2, gts, but the m1 was the only classic. You also had to prove that you are a current M owner to be able to go see the M1.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-06-2016, 08:28 AM   #12
pseto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 ZCP, F80 M3 ZCP- beater

Quote:
I can see that but it seems like the manufacturer with the locked doors changes every year. Two years ago it was MB but that year they brought all AMG models, so I guess that was understandable. And bmw itself had all of their suv's on the lower level open. It was just the sedans that were locked.

I did sit in a Lexus with no shifter knob so I guess this is a real thing.
Private BMWCCA event allowed us early access and all doors were open except the M1. Unfortunately there are a lot of idiots out there as someone stole the ipad in the back of the 7 series during the show.

Become a BMW CCA member; Click HERE to join and use my member #339225 for a referral
Join our NCC Facebook Page
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2016, 07:36 AM   #13
TheRealEssad
Private First Class
Rep

Man that sucks when someone messes it up for everyone else.
Appreciate 0