BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Jeans

10-10-2018, 09:53 AM   #23
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

Anyone else here cursed with a 32" inseam? Drives me nuts. 32" jeans fit perfect right off the rack but of course will shrink an inch after washing. 34" after washing shrink to 33" and are too long still so I have to get them tailored. Such a pain in the ass.

+1 for Banana and Gap.

I also have a pair of Superdry jeans I bought maybe 5 years ago, before they went full out skinny jean, and they are fantastic. Some of the best I've ever owned.

Brooklyn Industries made killer jeans but I think they no longer do pants, after a quick check of their website. My last pair lasted me maybe 7 years. Never faded. Deep dark blue till the end. The crease at the bottom of the cuff finally wore through. No saving them. Damn.
Appreciate 3
King Rudi13152.00
Sea-Tac1451.50
      10-10-2018, 09:53 AM   #24
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
Nordstrom Rack...

The same high quality designer brands at Nordstrom itself but priced far more reasonably (~$70-$110). Sure it's not the "latest" design, but they are f*ckin jeans not a car Lol. All that matters is finding what's comfortable and looks good.
This. Or wait for a sale. My brand of choice these days is Paige. They are really comfortable and light. Tried different ones from Lucky to Levi’s to 7 and went with Paige exclusively for the last few years. You can snatch a pair anywhere from $50-99 at Nordstrom/Rack. I bought 2 pairs during the anniversary sale this past summer for $99 each (they’re normally $200 a pair).
Appreciate 2
King Rudi13152.00
Germanauto9665.50
      10-10-2018, 09:55 AM   #25
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mingwan View Post
Levi’s have held up the best for me so far. Most other Jean brands tend to last less than a year for me. They start getting holes around my crotch area.
I'll agree. Most of the Levi's that I have are so old they are out of style as far as fit and style goes. They get worn for yard work. I have a few pair that are at least 10 years old and still going strong.

Last edited by King Rudi; 10-10-2018 at 11:45 AM..
Appreciate 1
twin fed1175.50
      10-10-2018, 09:57 AM   #26
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
Anyone else here cursed with a 32" inseam? Drives me nuts. 32" jeans fit perfect right off the rack but of course will shrink an inch after washing. 34" after washing shrink to 33" and are too long still so I have to get them tailored. Such a pain in the ass.

+1 for Banana and Gap.

I also have a pair of Superdry jeans I bought maybe 5 years ago, before they went full out skinny jean, and they are fantastic. Some of the best I've ever owned.

Brooklyn Industries made killer jeans but I think they no longer do pants, after a quick check of their website. My last pair lasted me maybe 7 years. Never faded. Deep dark blue till the end. The crease at the bottom of the cuff finally wore through. No saving them. Damn.
I'm cursed with a 28" inseam. The most common size for me is a 30" but tend to have a little extra at the bottom which I'm ok with. On a rare occasion I can find some 29"'s.
Appreciate 2
DETRoadster11446.00
Sea-Tac1451.50
      10-10-2018, 10:01 AM   #27
hooligan_G01
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 M40i BG/Taco Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_Judy View Post
Glad someone gets where I'm coming from. This is my point exactly, looking for new well made jeans that don't have ton of flash on the back pockets.

They're jeans, not a chandelier...
Appreciate 3
DETRoadster11446.00
King Rudi13152.00
Sea-Tac1451.50
      10-10-2018, 10:02 AM   #28
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_Judy View Post
I'm cursed with a 28" inseam. The most common size for me is a 30" but tend to have a little extra at the bottom which I'm ok with. On a rare occasion I can find some 29"'s.
Damn, that's rough. Not a lot of 29's out there. I gotta have a little room at the bottom too. Pet peeve of mine is when I sit down and my pantleg rides up. I dunno why. it's irritated me since grade school. I like the cuff to still be just barely touching the top of my shoe, even when sitting.

Now that I think about it, I'm the same way with long sleeve shirts. Cant stand it when the cuff pulls back even an inch or two from my wrist.

Human beings are odd sometimes.
Appreciate 2
King Rudi13152.00
Sea-Tac1451.50
      10-10-2018, 10:06 AM   #29
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

don't wear jeans that often (Im a lululemon ABC pant guy) but the jeans I do wear are Joe's they seem to fit me the best, AG jeans are also pretty solid for my frame

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 2
King Rudi13152.00
Germanauto9665.50
      10-10-2018, 10:14 AM   #30
hooligan_G01
Rep

Quote:

+1 for Banana and Gap.

I'm cursed with a 34"+ inseam. SOMETIMES 34" inseams are long enough, SOMETIMES they're not, even prior to washing/drying.

I have resigned myself to buying 36", washing/drying once or twice, and then having them altered. I'm tired of returning/throwing out jeans.
Appreciate 2
King Rudi13152.00
RickFLM410882.00
      10-10-2018, 10:14 AM   #31
________
________
Rep
Drives: ________

Quote:
Originally Posted by usshelena725 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
Quote:
1) Jeans are jeans. A $300 pair of jeans isn't of any higher quality than something at Old Navy or Target.

2) I understand value for money, I only wear Oakley sunglasses because the quality is vastly superior to cheap sunglasses and I wear them anytime I am outside or in the car. Worthy investment, jeans not so much. No variance in quality, at least not in a significant amount.

3) A pair of Wranglers will last just as long as a pair of $300 jeans. I get rid of mine every 5 years or so, simply because the styles change and it's just nice to have some fresh clothes on occasion, not because they wear out.

4) Trust me, as a man, no one should notice your clothes beyond "he looks nice". Above that, you have gone too far.

5) Don't care what other girls think as I am happily married and my wife approves of my jeans selection 100%.
Just admit it you wear dad clothes.
I don't think so, but what do I know, lol. Me in my typical weekend outfit.
I don't mean any offence whatsoever, but just to record that those are in fact dad clothes.
And nothing wrong with that.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2018, 10:16 AM   #32
hooligan_G01
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnerDriver View Post
I don't mean any offence whatsoever, but just to record that those are in fact dad clothes.
Blue jeans and a t-shirt are "dad clothes"?

Appreciate 0
      10-10-2018, 10:18 AM   #33
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
AG jeans here. I very rarely wear jeans but the pair I have are AG graduates.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 2
xander_g967.00
Germanauto9665.50
      10-10-2018, 10:18 AM   #34
________
________
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan_clt View Post
Quote:
Blue jeans and a t-shirt are "dad clothes"?

Well yeah. No? What comes to your mind when you think of dad clothes?

It's whatever I wear as well... but they're not that loose, mine are a bit more fitted.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2018, 10:21 AM   #35
hooligan_G01
Rep

Quote:

It's whatever I wear as well... but they're not that loose, mine are a bit more fitted.
Nothing comes to my mind with I think of "dad clothes", because I don't use the term. You did, so I'm looking for your definition to get an understanding of your point.

So, it's more about the fit/cut than the type of item, then?
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2018, 10:26 AM   #36
________
________
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan_clt View Post
Quote:

Nothing comes to my mind with I think of "dad clothes", because I don't use the term. You did, so I'm looking for your definition to get an understanding of your point.

So, it's more about the fit/cut than the type of item, then?
I never used the term myself, but when the other member used the term I picture my dad.

And he wears jeans and T-shirts that are "comfortable". Not skinny jeans or modern fit shirts.

The term didn't sound offensive to me, it's kind of like "dad jokes", which I'm king of
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2018, 10:27 AM   #37
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Most of mine are Levi's 569. Until recently when they started to make them out of some stretch-demin shit. The 569 have a big, loose thigh. I wear my wallet in the front pocket, so need some space.

I recently bought 2 pairs of 501s out of the back of some guy's truck, I wore them each once, and now they are pushed WAY back in the closet. Just not enough room for m y thighs, and if I don't wear a belt, I'm showing way too much plumber's crack

I do have one pair of Wrangler, black, that fit EXCELLENT and are actually denim.

BUT, I only wear jeans every other Friday to work, and sometimes if I dress up as a cowboy to go to a quince. Heck, most days I ride the mortorcycle, I'm still wearing dress slacks to work . . .
Appreciate 2
________4157.00
King Rudi13152.00
      10-10-2018, 10:28 AM   #38
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep
Drives: Back and Forth To Work

Garage List
Quote:
I never used the term myself, but when the other member used the term I picture my dad.

And he wears jeans and T-shirts that are "comfortable". Not skinny jeans or modern fit shirts.

The term didn't sound offensive to me, it's kind of like "dad jokes", which I'm king of
I thought that t-shirt I was wearing was somewhat modern fit, is it not? I wear straight leg jeans rather than tapered or skinny since I am not a 16 year old emo kid, LOL. I also don't have a 28" waist, so if I wear skinny jeans, I look like an ice cream cone.
Appreciate 3
________4157.00
King Rudi13152.00
      10-10-2018, 10:29 AM   #39
Mardio
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naz24 View Post
Lulu's are great, i also love the vineyard vine golf pants, super comfy and look good for a business casual work environment.

As for jeans, i usually stick with 7 For all Mankind, can usually get a pair for $100 bucks when they are on sale -- or at the outlet
Same... 7 jeans are like wearing pajamas, they are so dang comfortable. I usually wait for a sale to buy them, they can be pricey.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      10-10-2018, 10:33 AM   #40
________
________
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

I thought that t-shirt I was wearing was somewhat modern fit, is it not? I wear straight leg jeans rather than tapered or skinny since I am not a 16 year old emo kid, LOL. I also don't have a 28" waist, so if I wear skinny jeans, I look like an ice cream cone.
LOL

I think the "fine line", at least in my 5 minute consideration of what dad clothes should look like, is to find something that falls between the "16 yo Emo" and the "dad", so as to not be called anything lol I don't know what they'd call the person in the middle.

Your t-shirt is wide around the arms and body, so that "extra cloth" is what doesn't make it "modern" by what I consider to be modern.

Just googled T-shirt and found this random guy with a more fitted shirt

[IMG]https://n2.sdlcdn.com/imgs/a/9/d/Gal...03-1-78672.jpg[/IMG]
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2018, 10:34 AM   #41
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
Anyone who spends $300 on a pair of jeans obviously does not understand what money is supposed to be used for.
I agree and disagree. My thing is that I dress to look like a million bucks as casual as possible all while saving as much as possible. It's not about how much you spend, which usually isn't much, but looking like you have your shit together. At this point I think the most I'e ever paid for a pair of jeans was $80.

At the same time, who am I to judge someone for what they wish to spend their money on. If it's their money, they've worked for it and whatever they spend it on makes them happy...more power to them.
Appreciate 3
________4157.00
Sea-Tac1451.50
Kyngofpop676.00
      10-10-2018, 10:35 AM   #42
No one
Major
Rep
Drives: F21 118i

Wrangler. They fit me well. Tried Levi's on a few occasions: they fitted so awfully the brand doesn't exist for me. I don't see anything interesting among other brands and neither need to.
Appreciate 3
King Rudi13152.00
SakhirM410783.00
arkie6397.00
      10-10-2018, 10:37 AM   #43
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Damn, that's rough. Not a lot of 29's out there. I gotta have a little room at the bottom too. Pet peeve of mine is when I sit down and my pantleg rides up. I dunno why. it's irritated me since grade school. I like the cuff to still be just barely touching the top of my shoe, even when sitting.

Now that I think about it, I'm the same way with long sleeve shirts. Cant stand it when the cuff pulls back even an inch or two from my wrist.

Human beings are odd sometimes.
I'm the same way. As long as the bottom of the pants/jeans touch the tops of my shoes when I sit, I'm good. Dress shirts I'm the same way also. I'd rather have an inch of extra material around my wrist than have the cuffs pull back up my forearm when stretching/reaching. I also can't stand having too much cuff when wearing a suit/sports jacket.
Appreciate 1
DETRoadster11446.00
      10-10-2018, 10:37 AM   #44
xander_g
Major
Rep
Drives: G30 M550i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho View Post
AG jeans here. I very rarely wear jeans but the pair I have are AG graduates.
+1 for AG, and coincidentally "the graduate" is my favorite style of theirs.

Lately, my go-to brand for jeans has been Diesel.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00