BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) VET is on the cover of the latest F1 Racing magazine and it's not good....

09-16-2019, 02:56 PM   #23
msk340i
Major
Rep
Drives: 340i M sport

Let's just remember a piece by Motorsport Magazine titled "The Other Side of Senna" bashing who's considered by almost everyone the best human driver to ever race in Formula 1.
Appreciate 1
Bartledoo2690.00
      09-16-2019, 03:01 PM   #24
Darth One
drunk poster
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS | E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
I like how his head is one straight unbroken line from the top of his head down to his shoulders. Looks like he was drawn by Scott Adams of Dilbert fame...
Appreciate 1
      09-16-2019, 03:17 PM   #25
msk340i
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth One View Post
I like how his head is one straight unbroken line from the top of his head down to his shoulders. Looks like he was drawn by Scott Adams of Dilbert fame...
Aerodynamic
Appreciate 1
      09-16-2019, 05:31 PM   #26
Bartledoo
Driver
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by yco View Post
i tried my best to understand defensing Vettel in Singapore hitting Hamilton but sorry.. i cant.. why the heck HAM would try to brake test him? to see if Vettel can brake? he was trying to keep up too close cause in the previous restart he caught napping.. and that incident happened not even on the last corner.. is there point? no..

obviously not allowed to overtake and keeping 10-15 car length behind the SC.. this is the rule.. and all drivers do brake for keeping the brake temps optimal.. and the interviews of Vettel saying he couldnt understand why he got a penalty is just funny and stupid.. only few drivers have 4 and more titles and that act is not even acceptable in Semi-pro karting events.. but he was acting like HAM should ve got a penalty as well.. here it doesnt matter it could be someone else is the same.. if there were some weird activity on HAM's braking he could just report to team.. Stewards have all the telemetries.. thats what real racing.. it was bumper cars in F1.. but it was hard for Vettel to admit he lost himself over there made stupid things.. and anyone who supports that act more likely living an unreal world that doesnt even exist.. only in their heads..

if anyone wants to recall those moments..

Vettel cracks under pressure full stop.. mistakes everywhere in those moments.. countless times.. his Red Bull years were like he was fast on quali and racing without anyone around.. this what he does best.. and wondering how many great F1 drivers cant do that anyway.. all great drivers do that already..
I'm not saying Ham did or didn't "brake test", but these cars have massive potential engine/mgu-k braking. So, the telemetry could show the stewards that he didn't press the brake pedal, but he could have caused a pretty hefty deceleration with the engine/mgu-k braking (which the stewards can't definitively call brake testing, obviously), no?

Anyways, I always like to point out Schumacher when people say 4+ time champions don't do bumper cars.

Regardless, I'd rather see the drivers express realness rather than hide it, if for nothing more than entertainment. Being a champion in F1 is inherently abnormal and character flaws are generally defined relative to established norms. So, I don't think we can expect them to be "normal" even if some of them seem as such in what the media shows us. Normal people who always act in fairness to others don't win 4, 5, or 7 championships in F1. Not a chance.
      09-16-2019, 06:04 PM   #27
msk340i
Major
Rep

Oh I almost forgot people criticizing his lockup in Silverstone. Food you guys forget Schumacher locking up in Singapore in 2 years and hitting the car in front of him? A SEVEN TIME WORLD CHAMPION who wasnt under pressure and didn't have a disappearing wedge in front of him like VET did in Silverstone.

Last edited by msk340i; 09-16-2019 at 06:19 PM..
Appreciate 2
      09-16-2019, 06:22 PM   #28
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth One View Post
Never underestimate G-forces !

A physical force equivalent to one unit of gravity that is multiplied during rapid changes of direction or velocity.
Drivers experience severe G-forces as they corner, accelerate and brake.
G-force is a measurement of an object's acceleration expressed in G-s.

And many years with your head in a helmet...

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2019, 07:28 PM   #29
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

What is VET and HAM?
Appreciate 1
      09-16-2019, 07:45 PM   #30
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
What is VET and HAM?
VER ?

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2019, 08:55 PM   #31
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
VER ?
VETte boterHAM?
Appreciate 1
      09-16-2019, 09:52 PM   #32
yco
i'm just saying
Rep
Drives: E71 X6M '10 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartledoo View Post
I'm not saying Ham did or didn't "brake test", but these cars have massive potential engine/mgu-k braking. So, the telemetry could show the stewards that he didn't press the brake pedal, but he could have caused a pretty hefty deceleration with the engine/mgu-k braking (which the stewards can't definitively call brake testing, obviously), no?

Anyways, I always like to point out Schumacher when people say 4+ time champions don't do bumper cars.

Regardless, I'd rather see the drivers express realness rather than hide it, if for nothing more than entertainment. Being a champion in F1 is inherently abnormal and character flaws are generally defined relative to established norms. So, I don't think we can expect them to be "normal" even if some of them seem as such in what the media shows us. Normal people who always act in fairness to others don't win 4, 5, or 7 championships in F1. Not a chance.
i guess you want to see such moves like Nascar drivers do.. throwing helmets backing up and crashing into another car.. F1 is not a sport like that never been.. Nascar acts can be called realness though most of the part is for show also.. though in F1 being professional almost all time means acting with shaving off emotions.. actually in a lot sports its like that..

Schumi's bumper cheap moves was early stages of his career and no one supported those.. Schumi has a dirty side, it was obvious in his early and mid career.. but he always managed to step on magical side to put together 0.2-0.3 when others wonder how.. never been a Schumacher fan but its a fact.. not all champs do that..only 3-4 of them.. and im never been a Schumi fan..

Quote:
Originally Posted by msk340i View Post
Oh I almost forgot people criticizing his lockup in Silverstone. Food you guys forget Schumacher locking up in Singapore in 2 years and hitting the car in front of him? A SEVEN TIME WORLD CHAMPION who wasnt under pressure and didn't have a disappearing wedge in front of him like VET did in Silverstone.
well its called mistake..
when you "do the same mistakes over and over" its something else.. thats what Vettel's case is..

anyways its not gonna go anywhere..
wishing the best for you guys and Vettel.. i hope Vet can shake off these days and race much better.. before he runs out of time.. cheers.

Last edited by yco; 09-16-2019 at 09:57 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2019, 10:01 PM   #33
racerbruce
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 21 X3 & 13 335is E93

"simmer down the pot by agreeing that bumping him was unlike Vet-didn't look good"

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
Definitely a brake test from Ham in Baku but will simmer down the pot by agreeing that bumping him was unlike Vet and didn't look good.
INTENTIONALLY ramming another competitor's car because the driver behind the lead car "didn't like" that he was caught out while following too closely....it's time for reality and know that (at least in the Seattle area) if you ram someone from behind....YOU'RE AT FAULT.
      09-17-2019, 02:50 AM   #34
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerbruce View Post
INTENTIONALLY ramming another competitor's car because the driver behind the lead car "didn't like" that he was caught out while following too closely....it's time for reality and know that (at least in the Seattle area) if you ram someone from behind....YOU'RE AT FAULT.
Wait a minute, I was referring to the minor front tyre bump after the sudden intentional slow down, brake or otherwise by Ham.
Motoring laws in Seattle and race track actions are hardly comparable because of the quick sudden actions of race cars also in UK unlike in Seattle there are extenuating circumstances if there's a rear hit, examples of this being crash for cash, reversing into,BRAKE TESTING.Look it up.
Appreciate 1
      09-17-2019, 04:04 AM   #35
mk1-fan
Lieutenant
South Africa
Rep
Drives: 2018 G30 540i

Garage List
Quote:
What is VET and HAM?
The one is a doctor looking after animals, and the other a kind of animal.
Appreciate 1
      09-17-2019, 04:22 AM   #36
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
VETte boterHAM?
In our language it makes sense

Appreciate 0
      09-17-2019, 04:53 AM   #37
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
What is VET and HAM?
Alternatively VET can mean to check on someones background
and HAM is what I usually have with my lunch with everything on it..sorry '' couldn't resist
Appreciate 1
      09-17-2019, 07:30 AM   #38
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Alternatively VET can mean to check on someones background
and HAM is what I usually have with my lunch with everything on it..sorry '' couldn't resist
But what about SAI and RAI?
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2019, 07:49 AM   #39
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
But what about SAI and RAI?
The RAIn in SpAIn stays mainly on the plain
Appreciate 1
P111541.50
      09-17-2019, 08:25 AM   #40
racerbruce
Brigadier General
Rep

Correction....

Quote:
Wait a minute, I was referring to the minor front tyre bump after the sudden intentional slow down, brake or otherwise by Ham.
Motoring laws in Seattle and race track actions are hardly comparable because of the quick sudden actions of race cars also in UK unlike in Seattle there are extenuating circumstances if there's a rear hit, examples of this being crash for cash, reversing into,BRAKE TESTING.Look it up.
VET rammed HAM twice....first from behind and second when he pulled along side and intentionally drove into him....suggesting this is acceptable behavior in F1 is out of touch....but this does qualify VET for his next driving assignment....in demolition derby.
      09-17-2019, 08:29 AM   #41
racerbruce
Brigadier General
Rep

Check out the....

Quote:
What is VET and HAM?
Leaderboard in the upper left portion of your screen during the race and note that all drivers are identified by the first three letters of their last name on the P1-P20 list.

It does make for some interesting acronyms....
      09-17-2019, 10:14 AM   #42
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
VET rammed HAM twice....first from behind and second when he pulled along side and intentionally drove into him....suggesting this is acceptable behavior in F1 is out of touch....but this does qualify VET for his next driving assignment....in demolition derby.
Your making a mountain out of a molehill, perhaps you want to comment on the many other contacts with plenty of damage in the mid and low grid positions that go unnoticed, so does that make them unimportant?
VET paid the penalty for that TOUCH with a 10 second add on.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2019, 07:45 PM   #43
racerbruce
Brigadier General
Rep

Mountain?

Quote:
Your making a mountain out of a molehill, perhaps you want to comment on the many other contacts with plenty of damage in the mid and low grid positions that go unnoticed, so does that make them unimportant?
VET paid the penalty for that TOUCH with a 10 second add on.
Nope - just a mountain of shredded and damaged carbon fiber and race cars in the wake of VET....

"To much that has been given, much is required"....
The top teams operate at a different frequency and expectation than the mid and low field competitors and constructors....surely this is evident by virtue of performance, results and expectation....clearly, the sharp end of the grid operates and performs differently....thus making VET's last two plus years beyond questionable....replacing him is the best choice.

Last edited by racerbruce; 09-17-2019 at 09:34 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2019, 01:42 AM   #44
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Nope - just a mountain of shredded and damaged carbon fiber and race cars in the wake of VET....

"To much that has been given, much is required"....
The top teams operate at a different frequency and expectation than the mid and low field competitors and constructors....surely this is evident by virtue of performance, results and expectation....clearly, the sharp end of the grid operates and performs differently....thus making VET's last two plus years beyond questionable....replacing him is the best choice.
Of course it's different at the front than behind in the midfield and below though just as competitive but lets not get carried away by chasing after VET with a hatchet if there's an incident.
Appreciate 0