BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos Autocar's first impressions of the RS5

04-19-2010, 09:37 AM   #67
shiggy
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 2009 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chill72 View Post
Sir this is M3 board so of course people are going to be biased, there is no need to get your panties in a bunch.

Silly Canadians
he's from Toronto...we canadians from the west coast do not include Toronto as part of Canada......
I kid....
2009 Jet Black E92 M3, DCT, Nav, Novillo Leather, PDC, EDC, BBS CHR's 20", Yokohama Advan Sports Tires, Eiback Pro-Kit Springs, Dinan Pullies and Dinan Stage1 software, black grills, black side gills, alcantara shift and ebrake boot.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2010, 09:41 AM   #68
Garduna
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Sedona 1er|Yellow S3|NardoTTRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chill72 View Post
Sir this is M3 board so of course people are going to be biased, there is no need to get your panties in a bunch.

Silly Canadians
Well I'm more willing to say it's a bmw forum in general, not just a M3 boards. I post both on 1addicts as well as the "General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos" section, which is where this thread is located.

I suppose there's not many people with open minds these days
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2010, 10:02 AM   #69
Chill72
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 10 E92 M3 (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garduna View Post
Well I'm more willing to say it's a bmw forum in general, not just a M3 boards. I post both on 1addicts as well as the "General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos" section, which is where this thread is located.

True I guess since the web address is m3post.com I just kinda take it as a M3 board lol. Back On Topic I personally like the RS5 and I'm definitely interested to see how much it will cost.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2010, 10:09 AM   #70
footie
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: i4M50

Garage List
Quote:

Garduna,

Can you honestly say based on my posts on the 1addists section that I come across as anti-BMW in any way?
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2010, 01:37 PM   #71
Garduna
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post
Garduna,

Can you honestly say based on my posts on the 1addists section that I come across as anti-BMW in any way?
I can tell ur a car enthusiast from the posts I see. You are definitely a audi fan, there's no question about that. Are you anti-bmw, nope, not at all.

@Chill72: Same here, I want to know just how much the darn thing costs..... taking too long -_-;
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2010, 01:43 PM   #72
ARMAN
Banned
Rep
Drives: 335i

I dont see the point of this M3 vs RS5 BS. A new 2011 GT500 will outperform both.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2010, 02:14 PM   #73
ptack
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

Garage List
2008 135i  [6.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARMAN View Post
I dont see the point of this M3 vs RS5 BS. A new 2011 GT500 will outperform both.
Plus you get a free mullet.
      04-19-2010, 02:22 PM   #74
BMW269
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARMAN View Post
That's a good one.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2010, 03:35 PM   #75
footie
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptack View Post
Plus you get a free mullet.
Nice one.

You could also add to the list things like:

1: Cheap hard plastic
2: 40 year old technology
3: Boy racer strips

And the all important year's supply of chewing tobacco that all "red necks" love.

Last edited by footie; 04-19-2010 at 03:45 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2010, 04:31 PM   #76
McCartney
Private
Rep
Drives: undisclosed

Quote:
Nice one.

And the all important year's supply of chewing tobacco that all "red necks" love.
To be honest footie, why even argue with shiggy? He's an uneducated tradesman who insults others unintellectually.

I got my posts deleted for saying he lives on credit, but it's too true. Look at his attitude.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2010, 04:37 PM   #77
Garduna
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Dude, boy racer stripes adds 50+bhp, didn't you guys know that! xP
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2010, 08:01 PM   #78
Chill72
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 10 E92 M3 (RIP)

Quote:

I've been know to dip a little, it's a helluva a drug.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2010, 09:11 PM   #79
shiggy
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCartney View Post
To be honest footie, why even argue with shiggy? He's an uneducated tradesman who insults others unintellectually.

I got my posts deleted for saying he lives on credit, but it's too true. Look at his attitude.
your posts were deleted because your a dick!...LOL

yes...you got me...i live on credit!,....well done mate!...I have no money, no M3....you rock!
by the way speaking of intelligence: what is "unintellectually"??
2009 Jet Black E92 M3, DCT, Nav, Novillo Leather, PDC, EDC, BBS CHR's 20", Yokohama Advan Sports Tires, Eiback Pro-Kit Springs, Dinan Pullies and Dinan Stage1 software, black grills, black side gills, alcantara shift and ebrake boot.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2010, 09:17 PM   #80
shiggy
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCartney View Post

by the way....why do you go on threads and question what people drive?
you were the moron that questioned a young man who received a car from his father and you went on this ridiculous rant and called him a liar....
So i think you do not have credit...cant afford a BMW or such and your pissed off at those who do....pathetic really...sad too!
send me your paypal account and ill send you some funds for a subscription to Bimmer magazine....just dont get all the pages sticky!
peace BRO!
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2010, 09:24 PM   #81
domobrown
Banned
Austria
Rep
Drives: Audi RS5 S-Tronic

That's it, I'm selling the M6. Those downshifts are awesome, and that sound is RAW. And Shiggy, please stop going off topic.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2010, 09:48 PM   #82
Boost Gomez
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Nice one.

And from a purely performance standpoint, comparable if not better lap times on both the track and the drag strip at a little more than half the price.
      04-19-2010, 09:59 PM   #83
Garduna
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by domobrown View Post
That's it, I'm selling the M6. Those downshifts are awesome, and that sound is RAW. And Shiggy, please stop going off topic.
so I take it ur gonna wait for the RS5 to come to Canada then?

Still tho, if/when I do start shopping for a new car, damn sure I'll be test driving the RS5, M3, TTRS (if it makes it), Shelby and a couple others
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2010, 10:04 PM   #84
domobrown
Banned
Austria
Rep
Drives: Audi RS5 S-Tronic

Quote:
so I take it ur gonna wait for the RS5 to come to Canada then?

Still tho, if/when I do start shopping for a new car, damn sure I'll be test driving the RS5, M3, TTRS (if it makes it), Shelby and a couple others
Can't wait to tackle some snow in that beast!
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2010, 03:13 AM   #85
footie
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by domobrown View Post
This new 7sp DSG (S-Tronic in Audi talk) is exceptionally good, the blip on downshifts are very well judged and as for the sound, I personally think that where as the RS4 sounded better than the M3 up to a point (i.e. below 7k) on this occasion the new engine (yes shiggy is it new ) sounds the true class act, right from the low of lows to the redline.

P.S.
And yes shiggy, stop with the rants and calling people 'dicks', such behaviour will win you no friends and probably get you a rap on the knuckles (at the very least).
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2010, 09:30 AM   #86
shiggy
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
This new 7sp DSG (S-Tronic in Audi talk) is exceptionally good, the blip on downshifts are very well judged and as for the sound, I personally think that where as the RS4 sounded better than the M3 up to a point (i.e. below 7k) on this occasion the new engine (yes shiggy is it new ) sounds the true class act, right from the low of lows to the redline.

P.S.
And yes shiggy, stop with the rants and calling people 'dicks', such behaviour will win you no friends and probably get you a rap on the knuckles (at the very least).
I call it as i see it....as far as the RS4...great car...bland looks but I always thought that the sound of the car had an American muscle like tone....not very exotic sounding....and that's just my humble opinion!....so easy on the flaming Audi fanboiz!
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2010, 09:46 AM   #87
shiggy
Major
Canada
Rep

back on topic with the RS5...one point that EVO brought up in their recent article:
..."Thankfully, the 7-speed S-Tronic transmission is typically superb, even if the intermediate ratios are too long. The trouble is, the RS5 seems to like a quieter life. It is exceptionally refined, and with the DRC (Dynamic Ride Control) set to comfort it rides well on Spanish roads, but we need to drive it in the UK just to make sure. So you’re left with a car whose chassis wants you to relax, but whose engine and gearbox must be worked very hard to produce the performance you’d expect. Like I said, confusing."...

this is one of many reasons why Audi needs to stop chasing BMW and just focus on building cars their way and focus on what they do well....this is a result of too much focus on trying to beat the M3.....a confusing car that doesnt know what it is....GT cruiser...performance trackable car.
They had over 3 yrs to do it and all they came up with is a car that is equal to the M3 in some areas and weaker in others....and it's substantially more money!...well it's back to the drawing board for Audi....it's a shame really...hopefully their next incarnation of the RS5 receives a little more of the R&D teams focus.

last quote from the article:

How does it compare?

"A BMW M3 is sharper, faster, far more interactive...."

Appreciate 0
      04-20-2010, 10:15 AM   #88
shiggy
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvrfan View Post
hahaha your just hold the one "bad" review from the RS5 in the Sky but dont see the others. take your BMW glasses off. the RS5 will be better.

LOL...another Audi fanboi with no home!...

All I can say....this NEW RS5 SHOULD be better than the three year old M3....Audi had stated it had targeted the M3 when developing this car...so if it doesnt beat it....EPIC FAIL!!!
Appreciate 0