BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum 2017+ BMW 5 Series (G30) General Discussions BMW 530I 2017 Jerks every time i put gass

12-18-2023, 11:30 AM   #1
ezrabmw
Rep
Drives: 2017 bmw 530i

BMW 530I 2017 Jerks every time i put gass

Hello everyone, I need some assistance with my car issue. For the past few months, my car has been exhibiting a slight rattle upon starting, which usually subsides after some time. Additionally, I've noticed intermittent jerking during cold starts, occurring roughly every 2-3 weeks for a few seconds. Recently, after filling up with Shell 93 + Nitro, my car struggled to turn on during the second attempt, and the engine was shaking noticeably. After a few minutes of driving, the issue seemed to resolve itself.

Seeking advice, a mechanic suggested using a fuel system cleaner, considering the car's relatively low mileage. I followed the recommendation, adding the cleaner to a half tank, running it almost empty, and then refilling the tank over the weekend. Surprisingly, the car did not shake initially, but when I came to a red light in drive, it attempted to shut off twice. The RPM dropped significantly, almost leading to a stall, accompanied by a distinct rattling noise (different from previous instances) occurring twice before stopping.

I would greatly appreciate any insights or assistance you can provide.

Last edited by ezrabmw; 12-18-2023 at 12:37 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2023, 04:19 PM   #2
clegg
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i E92, 435i F32,X5 F15

Add Techron fuel system cleaner (black container)at almost empty tank and refill. Also on your shell refuel you may have filled with a bad batch of fuel.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2023, 07:42 PM   #3
jagyro
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2022 M550i

Injector cleaner really wont do much if anything. If its a injector, under hard accel the car will throw a code. Also during startup if its shaking and crap its possibly the injector leaking which is a common issue. Basically the injector will drip fuel into the combustion camber causing a shaky startup until it burns it all off. The only way to clean it yourself is hooking a battery up to it with a switch to throw only cleaner through it till its fully cleared out. Or you can get a cleaner off amazon that does just that.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2023, 04:03 PM   #4
gasoline
Private
Turkey
Rep
Drives: 530i Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezrabmw View Post
Hello everyone, I need some assistance with my car issue. For the past few months, my car has been exhibiting a slight rattle upon starting, which usually subsides after some time. Additionally, I've noticed intermittent jerking during cold starts, occurring roughly every 2-3 weeks for a few seconds. Recently, after filling up with Shell 93 + Nitro, my car struggled to turn on during the second attempt, and the engine was shaking noticeably. After a few minutes of driving, the issue seemed to resolve itself.

Seeking advice, a mechanic suggested using a fuel system cleaner, considering the car's relatively low mileage. I followed the recommendation, adding the cleaner to a half tank, running it almost empty, and then refilling the tank over the weekend. Surprisingly, the car did not shake initially, but when I came to a red light in drive, it attempted to shut off twice. The RPM dropped significantly, almost leading to a stall, accompanied by a distinct rattling noise (different from previous instances) occurring twice before stopping.

I would greatly appreciate any insights or assistance you can provide.
Hi,
By means of jerking, do you feel a “wavy acceleration” when you press the gas pedal; as if the car accelerates strong first, then relaxes, again accelerates strong…and so on.

I had this kind of issue on my 530i and I clearly saw that the torque was fluctuating on sports gauge screens.
If you also feel a similar issue; my problem was solved by replacing “vanos actuators”.
Appreciate 1
arkhi170.50