BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum iDrive, Audio, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics + Coding HU Activation Codes Cancelled after using Bimmercode

03-09-2022, 08:25 AM   #1
spiciercheez
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '17 540 M Sport

Garage List
HU Activation Codes Cancelled after using Bimmercode

I did some very simple coding using Bimmercode for my headunit (welcome display/video in motion) and after doing so, I have lost satellite functionality. My nav just says 'loading' and my sat radio does not work. I reverted my changes but same issue is still there. It almost seems as though the HU has activated component protection as a result of the coding.

I reached out to Bimmercode who said this can be caused by a bug in BMW software at times and the app should not have let me do any coding. They have generously offered to pay for the costs for the dealer to fix this, which I greatly appreciate.

The issue I am facing is that the 2 dealers near me are completely clueless on how to fix this. I have been researching this as best as I can, finding documents online and sending to them, etc, and they still aren't sure if they can fix it.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this? I am considering using non-OEM FSC codes to see if this fixes it, but not sure if it will or not. I am very new to this and thought basic coding using Bimmercode was foolproof...lesson learned.

Appreciate 0
      03-12-2022, 10:17 AM   #2
CaboM4
BMW Aficionado
Rep
Drives: 23 i7,23 iX,24 Silverado

reach out to SB2002 on the MINI forum (NorthAmericanMotoring). He helped me with retrofitting an ID6 touchscreen CarPlay OEM headunit to my 2015 F55 and provided all the hardware with all activation codes loaded and specific for my VIN to plug and play install

I'm sure he can remote into your laptop with an ENET Cable and remotely re-code your HU-MGU and load the activation codes

It should be anything difficult for the dealer to do .... they need to go into BMW ASAP Portal, download the full FSC kit for your VIN and reload to the vehicle.

If you can get someone to pull the full FSC code kit for your VIN from ASAP, then you cna do it yourself with ESYS Software
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2022, 08:32 AM   #3
spiciercheez
Enlisted Member
Rep

Garage List
Thanks for the response! I will reach out and see if he can provide some help.

I was a bit shocked that both dealers I spoke with acted like I was crazy. Made me hesitant to have them start messing with stuff if they don't know what they are doing.

Again, thanks for reading and responding.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2022, 11:15 AM   #4
OneSon
Rep
Drives: BMW 520 Xdrive

Same Issue

Hey,
I had exactly the same issue as you are having now. The only difference being that Bimmercode did not offered to pay the cost to resolved my issue.

Basically I was told that the FSC codes got cancelled and I needed to install new ones. I am not an expert on the subject but I paid to have mine recoded and it seems to work. Well, at least so I thought.

The issue off the back of that being that the FSC codes were not genuine bmw ones.

I just had a recall on the car and bmw are unable to update the software. They initially thought that it was related to the coding so they deleted all my coded items.

The car is still with bmw so I will know for sure over the next week or so.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2022, 12:50 PM   #5
spiciercheez
Enlisted Member
Rep

Garage List
Just to give you an update on what happened with mine. I took my car in for standard maintenance stuff and also to have them replace the passenger seatbelt sensor that was always going off. I told them to ignore the nav issue because I wanted to do my research before they started toying with stuff.

After they got the sensor replaced, the tech wrote that coding in the new sensor wasn't working because of the HU codes that were cancelled. He disabled "component protection", which is what seems to be happening with these codes. After that he reactivated the codes and all is well. So they basically fixed it for me without really meaning to, which is fine by me.

Best of luck with getting yours sorted!
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2022, 01:42 PM   #6
spiciercheez
Enlisted Member
Rep

Garage List
Well, looks like I still have a bit of an issue. After getting everything fixed and having my i-level updated, I went to do some coding in Bimmercode but I am unable to do anything with my HU. I checked activation codes and now '009E - NBT ISpeech' says Activation Code Rejected. Before the dealer touched this, it just said 'Activation code not available'.

Anyone know what iSpeech even is or know of a way that I can get that back to the original status of Activation code not available?

Maybe this is just telling me not to keep messing with stuff

Last edited by spiciercheez; 03-30-2022 at 01:49 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2023, 01:17 AM   #7
JaRoGonz
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e iPerformance 2018 G30

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiciercheez View Post
Well, looks like I still have a bit of an issue. After getting everything fixed and having my i-level updated, I went to do some coding in Bimmercode but I am unable to do anything with my HU. I checked activation codes and now '009E - NBT ISpeech' says Activation Code Rejected. Before the dealer touched this, it just said 'Activation code not available'.

Anyone know what iSpeech even is or know of a way that I can get that back to the original status of Activation code not available?

Maybe this is just telling me not to keep messing with stuff
I’m facing the same situation. Any update?
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2023, 10:24 PM   #8
jonesy16
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 530E xDrive, 2021 45e xD

Garage List
Appears that maybe the latest BMW software isn't compatible with bimmercode as far as the HU goes. I was able to use Bimmercode fine previously but took my car to the dealer last week for an issue that they said was the transfer case, they replaced that and updated the car and now I can't change any HU coding, frustrating because now I've lost fullscreen car play.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2023, 10:28 PM   #9
tuzii
aussie member
Rep
Drives: G30 530D

you just goto the dealership and ask for idrive software upgrade and update to your istep.
costs like 100AUD in my experience
Appreciate 0