BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, Tuning Modifications BMW G30 530e Wastegate peoblem.

04-26-2024, 08:22 AM   #1
Vasile97
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e G30

BMW G30 530e Wastegate peoblem.

Hello Everyone Guys.

A few days ago after a long drive I stopped at Macdonal’s to have something for lunch, and after getting back in the car I got the Drivetrain malfunction. I had reduced power and the check engine on.

Whit an Autophix scanner there showed me the following errors:

1. 218219 Starter unit, charging controller for auxiliary battery:
Aged auxiliary battery!

2. 123432 Electrical wastegate valve, adaptation: Limit position shut, implausible.

3. 123401 Electrical wastegate valve, adaptation: Cold start not learned.

4. 120408 Charging pressure control: Switch-off as consequence.

5. 123439 Electrical wastegate valve, adaptation: Bottom limit position.

For example in the morning when I pup up the hood, I see the Wastegate in the open possition, after I’m starting the engine I get the Drivetrain notification, after driving like 2-3 kilometers and restarting the engine the Drivetrain notification disappear and the Wastegate get back in close position and start working normally. After the car stands for 5 min and I turn the engine on back, then the Wastegate is opening back and it didn’t go in the right position so I’m getting the Drivetrain back.

The Auxiliary Battery I changed by myself, but it didn’t help. So I decided to go to BMW Dealer.

After waiting 5 hours they said that, they tried to program and update the car to see if it will help, but it didn’t, so they said that the problem is with Wastegate but if they will replace it, it will be okay only for one or teo months, and the real solutions they said is, to replace the whole Turbo Charger.😵

I don’t know what to do now, to replace firstly the Wastegate Valve or to replace the Turbo Charger which is not cheap at all.

I decided to replace the wastegate with an good wastegate from an another car to see if it will help but if not then I had a problem which will cost me at least 4-5k.

And by the way I still get the Aged Auxiliary Battery code while the battery is completely new.

Please if someone had the same situation, HELP!
Appreciate 0