BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum G30 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, European Delivery looking at 530e - M Sport Package questions

01-13-2019, 01:05 PM   #23
SteveinArizona
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep View Post
Thanks jjrandorin,

I am not sure from the pricing guide, does it include the Dynamic Damper or Dynamic Handling? My understanding is that they are extra add ons?

I am also looking for folks experience with the package, what they love/hate about it and what might be missing, do they feel they got their money's worth?

Thanks
I ordered the dynamic handling package. It comes with the adaptive drive button and I had my car programmed to default to adaptive drive.

I dislike the way BMW bundles options in different packages pretty much making one order all the packages (e.g., to get all the safety features one has to pretty much order all the packages as they bundle different features in different packages.

Having said that, I am at a point in my life where I can afford to do that. So I basically loaded my 2018 530e to the gills (no alcantara headliner, no crystal but pretty much everything else including nightvision, lighting package, luxury seating package, etc.

I like my 530e. I am semi-retired. When I go to my office (which I only do every other week or so) it s 20 miles away downtown. But otherwise I do mostly local driving with the exception of an occasional foray to a distant golf course or a meeting.

I also installed a 240 charger in my garage. A full charge, from "0" or "---" takes just under two hours.

With the ability to recharge, I am mostly using electric power. For example, I am currently 1/8 of a tank down and have driven 155 miles on the current tankload. That comes down to about 1.6 gallons used.

But I am not your typical hybrid driver. I don't hypermile nor have I ever driven in eco mode and I tend to drive with a lead foot. I purchased the 530e to replace a problematic 330e and I had two Priuses before that. My goals in purchasing a 530e was to be helpful to the environment and to be able to drive in the HOV lanes at any time. MPG is not that important to me. Incidentally, my 530e is now almost 13 months old and had its first maintenance servicing last month. So far not a single problem.

I have never had insufficient power. Nonetheless, if BMW offered a more powerful version, a more performance oriented version, I would have gladly paid for it. For example, if it had paired the 330i ICE with the current electric motor, that would be terrific.

I don't regret my purchase and I would likely do it again. The Panamera might be tempting but I cannot currently get myself to acquire a VW product after what they tried to do to my air.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2019, 11:00 PM   #24
Symo
Where is the Earth Shattering Ka Boom?
Australia
Rep
Drives: E30 540i Mediterranean Blue

@SteveinArizona "The Panamera might be tempting but I cannot currently get myself to acquire a VW product after what they tried to do to my air."

I could not agree more. Bloody discussing what VW did. They should all be locked up and not just a few of them.

There is a U tuber in Australia naked John Codogan, he hates them and often reports on them, you should watch his videos, very entertaining. www.autoexpert.com.au. He is a car broker and actually saved me $17k on my 540i.
Appreciate 0