BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum 2017+ BMW 5 Series (G30) General Discussions 530e G30 - annoying low frequency noise

01-12-2024, 07:38 AM   #45
deluxe101
Rep
Drives: 340xd

Actually I still have some plan lol

1. I was introduced to one acoustic lab in Moscow, they measure noises at the factories, but preliminary OK to listen to my noise.
2. I am thinking about buying sensors from above video, sensors are not expensive, the thing is expensive is oscillograph.
3. The last thing (but I agree with myself it will be the last one) - radical one, demount the front diff, disassemble it and maybe I will find some broken bearing inside. The problem that no matter what I will find inside, there is a risk it won't be assembled correctly, which means, that I have to find a new diff, which is really expensive.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2024, 01:38 PM   #46
bjan_84
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e G30

Quote:
Originally Posted by milehti View Post
bjan_84 Anything new there?
deluxe101

It has been very cold here in Finland for the past few days.
Around -20 degrees Celsius.

Now I have noticed that the low frequency sound depends on the outside temperature.
If it's -16 degree Celsius or lower temperature outside, the sound is almost completely gone.

Yesterday it was +1 degrees outside and the sound came back.

I have also noticed that a low rumbling sound also appears if I accelerate semi hard or engine braking about 40 to 60 km/h.
Also when driving electric and more torque means more sound!!
First, sorry for being off for a long time. Due to illness, issues in the family my appointment with the workshop was postponed two times.

Regarding less noise when cold weather, it is exactly the same for me. I was in northern Sweden over New Years Eve with over -30C and almost impossible to provoke the noise. When warmer easier.

I have in the last couple of weeks also been starting to notice a low frequency noise when passing abt 60km/h, up to 70km/h

Last week I was finally visiting the workshop. I took a drive together with a technician and he acknowleded the noise which this day was most apparent around 115km/h. Also a clunking noise from the fromt when driving over sharp edges was noticed. After the drive they started to investigate the car.

Now to the fun (sad) part. Despite that I told the technician several times that I had tried 3 different sets of wheels they found out that front left and rear right wheels were mounted in wrong rotational order. They swapped these tires and balanced them and called it problem solved (which of course it wasnt). Also they wanted to charge me 200 EUR for the work. Next week I will continue the discussions...

The clunking noise was connected to a bad wishbone but could not be connected to the other noise.

Will update once I have more info
Appreciate 3
      02-13-2024, 11:21 PM   #47
simon121
Registered
Rep
Drives: Jeep grand cherokee L, BMW X6

just joined because I found this topic in a Google search.
I have the same issue with my new 2023 Jeep Grand Cherokee L, bass/booming noises when the road is not smooth or has minor bumps. hurt my ears
I'm curios to know if you manage to solve this
Appreciate 0