BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum Mechanical Maintenance - Break-in, Oil, Fluids, Servicing New here assistance needed please

11-01-2023, 09:35 AM   #1
acollaro
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2018 M550I

Garage List
2018 BMW M550I  [0.00]
New here assistance needed please

Hello all, I've been lurking the forums for a few months and the information I saw led me to purchasing a used 2018 M550I with 98k miles. Absolutely love it. I have developed an issue over the past few days. I've been searching the forums and got some good info to start with but wanted to ask for any further input. i am looking into getting Insta and e-sys with the cable but haven't yet.

Now to the issue, all this happened at once. I was driving along fine, with no issues. I stopped at a store for a few minutes, when i got back to the car the key was no longer recognized but i can hold it to the steering column to get the vehicle started. BMW app works to lock and unlock the vehicle. I only have one fob and I replaced the battery. I cannot pop the trunk from the divers door, but using the handle on the trunk works and button to close works. TPM is giving me an error and not reading the tires psi, left rear tire lost air and had to refill. Lastly carplay isn't working, i get an error "unable to establish connection" I'm thinking its Bluetooth because i can connect to WIFI with no issues.

What troubleshooting i have tried so far is resetting Idrive, deleting driver profile, deleting phone and trying to reconnect. changing battery in only fob. I've read about the remote radio receiver might be faulty but i haven't been able to remove the rear cover to get to it yet. Haven't been able to decipher the fuse block diagram yet to see if i can remove and replace a fuse yet.

Thank you in advance for your help, hope this is in the correct section.

Last edited by acollaro; 11-01-2023 at 09:59 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2023, 10:05 AM   #2
papoman3
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2018 M550i (Potentially)

This sounds like a PEPS module issue (passive entry passive start). This module is in charge of not only the keyfob but also the TPMS. I work at a company who makes these modules and I hear these issues during development all the time.
However, the apple carplay issue is not related to this. Sorry
Appreciate 0