BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum Cosmetic Modifications I need your guys opinion on fitment of this Diffuser on M550i

07-22-2023, 09:05 PM   #23
Daniels1117
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 22’ M550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5pnw View Post
I got the stainless steel tips and im gonna ceramic coat them black. The stainless has a smaller diameter than the carbon titanium i think i remember you telling me?

The RW carbon one can fit the stock exhaust tips with a small modification so maybe its just best to go with the RW carbon diffuser. It should be no problem with the Stainless Remus Tips. Im worried about this Bimmerplug one being a headache lol. The information on fitment is confusing.

Here is the RW carbon im interested in.
In the same boat as you as we are both waiting for our Remus cat backs to arrive and looking to swap diffusers. I like this one a lot, there’s one other for me that is in contention (m5 style with the lip/skirts around the back of the car) but I gotta see if I can find one to fit my LCI.

I think this diffuser would look sick with yours and my CF exhaust tips. Is this confirmed to fit? I’ve heard that we need a 10” opening on the bottom to fit our quad tips.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2023, 09:25 PM   #24
Graaf_Autowerks
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2021 M550i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniels1117 View Post
You can find a very similar looking one on eBay, or from any number of parts deals for a fraction of the cost of this. I’ve seen some CF diffusers for $500-800 and there’s Chinese ones on eBay that are like $160, granted prob not same quality but you could literally replace it once a year for 20 years for the price of this one, just saying. I’m not a “do it as cheap as possible” kind of guy at all but I am practical. And for this money you could get a CF hood, set of performance tires, axel back exhaust, lots of other mods you could do rather than dumping ~2500 (shipped) into a piece of plastic that you’ll rarely see (while driving).

This looks sick no question but make sure you do your due diligence. There’s alot of aftermarket parts out there at all sorts of diff prices.

I’ve also had the hardest time ever trying to contact bimmerplug. Tried to call, it rings forget, tried to email … “email doesn’t exist”. I’m more than happy to drop good money when the customer service is equivalent to the price of the item you’re buying. I just dropped 4k+ on exhaust (x-ph) and Cf spoiler (Rw carbon) and both of them answered all my questions and provided excellent customer service. If I have a hard time reaching a company before I even made the purchase, to me, that’s a huge red flag!

My 2 cents that nobody asked for
I couldn’t agree more regarding company responsiveness earning my business. This is why RW Carbon also got a lot of my business recently for about $2k worth of carbon fiber bits. I actually ordered the LCI diffuser they have despite not being a huge fan, I just know it will be quality craftsmanship for my money. I won’t put shoddy looking components on a $100k car, it just goes against every atom of my being.

They did mention a new LCI diffuser will be out by years end, so I will likely swap if I like it more when that comes out. Just depends on how much of an improvement I see.
Appreciate 2
M5pnw75.50
      07-22-2023, 09:30 PM   #25
M5pnw
HK #1
Rep
Drives: 2020 M550i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
You can find a very similar looking one on eBay, or from any number of parts deals for a fraction of the cost of this. I’ve seen some CF diffusers for $500-800 and there’s Chinese ones on eBay that are like $160, granted prob not same quality but you could literally replace it once a year for 20 years for the price of this one, just saying. I’m not a “do it as cheap as possible” kind of guy at all but I am practical. And for this money you could get a CF hood, set of performance tires, axel back exhaust, lots of other mods you could do rather than dumping ~2500 (shipped) into a piece of plastic that you’ll rarely see (while driving).

This looks sick no question but make sure you do your due diligence. There’s alot of aftermarket parts out there at all sorts of diff prices.

I’ve also had the hardest time ever trying to contact bimmerplug. Tried to call, it rings forget, tried to email … “email doesn’t exist”. I’m more than happy to drop good money when the customer service is equivalent to the price of the item you’re buying. I just dropped 4k+ on exhaust (x-ph) and Cf spoiler (Rw carbon) and both of them answered all my questions and provided excellent customer service. If I have a hard time reaching a company before I even made the purchase, to me, that’s a huge red flag!

My 2 cents that nobody asked for
Bimmerplug is not really giving me any clear answers and responses do take a while. I will most likely go with the RW Carbon one. That bimmer plug one is way too expensive and that iffy information just put me off lol.
Appreciate 1
      07-22-2023, 09:32 PM   #26
M5pnw
HK #1
Rep
Drives: 2020 M550i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
In the same boat as you as we are both waiting for our Remus cat backs to arrive and looking to swap diffusers. I like this one a lot, there’s one other for me that is in contention (m5 style with the lip/skirts around the back of the car) but I gotta see if I can find one to fit my LCI.

I think this diffuser would look sick with yours and my CF exhaust tips. Is this confirmed to fit? I’ve heard that we need a 10” opening on the bottom to fit our quad tips.
They messaged me back and say it is confirmed to fit my car. I gave them my VIN and provided pictures but they haven't said anything about why their information is wrong lol. because 2020 is definitely not LCI.

Im most likely going the RW carbon route. Its half the price of this bimmer plug one
Appreciate 1
      07-22-2023, 09:34 PM   #27
Daniels1117
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 22’ M550i

I had a very similar experience with them. Their website is kinda wack and customer service wasn’t great for the prices (as mentioned).
Appreciate 1
M5pnw75.50
      08-27-2023, 11:21 PM   #28
23109VC
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5

Garage List
I was in this same boat.. wanted a new rear diffuser..but didn’t want cheap palstic shit off ebay that might melt / warp due to the heat from the exhaust.

I had a minor fender bender - got rear ended - so insurance had to replace my rear bumper cover… i went OEM M performance and had them paint match the lower section. OEM carbon diffuser. The parts were $$ but it turned out great.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
titus25.50