BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum 2017+ BMW 5 Series (G30) General Discussions 330e to 530e

05-09-2018, 06:38 AM   #23
Crassus
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 19' G20 X3 20i & 19' M140i

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxxor View Post
AMEN to depreciation, it's another reason for leasing in my mind! My 2013 328i with 73k miles was stickered at $49k, and even after factoring in all of the options I have retrofitted to it over the years(it has every option you could have minus ACC and HUD, plus some things you couldn't get on a 3 series at that time), I'd be lucky to get $14k in trade or $17k private according to KBB. I had originally thought about getting a used 15/16 F10 to avoid depreciation on a new one, but after seeing all the tech in the G30, I was converted.

Buying a BMW sedan is fine........along as you get 15-30% discount. In the UK, dealers promotions are so aggressive in March and September that you can even score 0% finance or insanely huge deposit contribution. Discount are most generous on the bigger engines. In real life, the difference in cost between a 530i and 540i is just half of what it is in the configurator.

If you phone around you might even get lucky with a dealer willing to give you a steep discount if you are willing to take delivery within a month of buy a car that's coming in. Discount on SUVs, especially newly launched models are max 15% if you buy off the lot.
      05-09-2018, 01:23 PM   #24
ted8715
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 530e xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crassus View Post
Buying a BMW sedan is fine........along as you get 15-30% discount.

Is that big of a discount really realistic in the US? I could see getting that large of a percentage off if you got a decent dealer discount and had several incentives.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2018, 03:08 PM   #25
TopgearLA
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Med Blue 530e M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted8715 View Post

Is that big of a discount really realistic in the US? I could see getting that large of a percentage off if you got a decent dealer discount and had several incentives.
Oh the sad irony our deals are so much worse in March. 15% is possible though. I’ve gotten multiple dealers to knock off 10k off a 67k car so that’s about 15% right? Doesn’t help other factors though. That’s why I was somewhat considering buying too then add apr, fleet, cca, coupon credits n it’s pretty aggressive but still when 3,5, 8 years down the line there’s always course correction with tech n values. 3 year Residual floats at 61% but that’s usually inflated by a few thousand vs what the car is actually going to be worth to anyone and tough to sell a BMW to anyone but a dealer for trade in so will probably be worth $4000 less than bluebook n then dealers mess with what the next car costs based on said trade in. In the end you’re at the mercy of who ever you buy your next car from if you buy a BMW in the states.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2019, 03:10 PM   #26
SteveinArizona
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted8715 View Post
I have a 330e now and my lease is up in July 2019. I hope I'll have the option of either the new G20 plug in hybrid or the 530e. Being in Arizona, can you speak to the effectiveness of the ventilated seats that come in the Luxury Seating Packaging?
The ventilated seats don't do much. I hardly ever turn them on. What I do use a decent amount, in the summer heat, is the phone app to turn on the AC. That works great so long as I have some hybrid battery capacity (if I am going to use this feature, I use battery control to keep at least 50% hybrid battery charge) and a phone signal.
Appreciate 0