BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum iDrive, Audio, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics + Coding BMW Connected App Issue (again).

04-16-2019, 12:51 PM   #1
MontyP
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 530e

BMW Connected App Issue (again).

Hello again,

I have been continuing to experience problems with the "Last Ride" information in the BMW Connected App. Basically, the information does not update regularly. I reached out to the BMW Connected App support email address in Canada (there is no phone support) and was directed to the dealer. The dealer has thus far been unable to troubleshoot the issue. However, on Friday when I checked the app on my phone my car had disappeared completely and I was being prompted to "Add Vehicle" again. I entered my VIN, entered the security code sent to my car and then got a screen saying confirmation in progress. Alas by Saturday morning nothing had changed. I deleted the App completely, reinstalled it and tried again. No luck. I tried again on Sunday afternoon and as of this afternoon the App still says "We're confirming your vehicle, which may take up to a few hours". I have sent another plea for help to the BMW Connected App address but have not heard back yet. The dealer is also trying to sort this out although suggested yesterday that it might be an issue with my iPhone. This seems odd as everything was working on my iPhone as of Friday (except the "Last Ride" info) and I haven't changed phones.

I thought I would reach out to the forum and see if anybody has any suggestions as to what the issue might be.

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2019, 05:22 PM   #2
skydiver22
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 540i

Connect app has been temperamental with me since I downloaded it last week... all day yesterday it kept telling me my country does not allow 3d view pictures. working today though...
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2019, 12:39 PM   #3
MontyP
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 530e

Thanks skydiver22. I received two messages from the BMW Connected App email support team late yesterday. The first said:

"At this moment we are experiencing an issue with My BMW Remote App where users are not able to login or commands are being executed correctly. This situation is being looked into and we will let you know once the problem has been resolved."

The second, sent 5 minutes later from the same person, instructed me (yet again) to Update BMW Assist in my car's Connected Drive menu and to delete and reinstall the app on my phone. Needless to say this did not work and I still have no Connected App functionality whatsoever.

At least the Connected App keeps asking me to rate it :-)
Appreciate 0