BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, Tuning Modifications 540ix (with OPF) Remus axle back

02-11-2023, 08:48 AM   #1
Jams_123
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 540i (G30)

Question 540ix (with OPF) Remus axle back

Hi all,

I have a new (to me) 2019 540i xdrive with OPF in the UK. I'm looking for a new exhaust system but due to the OPF and the UK MOT process I think it's sensible not to remove the OPF or mess about with downpipes, which pretty much leaves me with axle back.

After a lot of research, I seem to be 99% decided on the Remus quad tip exhaust, even though I'm not a huge fan of the new branding. Incidentally, it turns out AC Schnitzer have just discontinued their offering 2 weeks ago.

My question is, whilst the quad tip will look great (imo), can I expect any noticeable difference in sound? Does anyone know if there's another resonator after the OPF that could potentially be removed?

There's a ton of videos online of Remus exhausts on 540i, but they all seem to have downpipes / res deletes etc.

I plan on pulling the fuse on the exhaust valve also.

Many thanks for any assistance

J
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2023, 10:29 AM   #2
buddyboy
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 17 540ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jams_123 View Post
Hi all,

I have a new (to me) 2019 540i xdrive with OPF in the UK. I'm looking for a new exhaust system but due to the OPF and the UK MOT process I think it's sensible not to remove the OPF or mess about with downpipes, which pretty much leaves me with axle back.

After a lot of research, I seem to be 99% decided on the Remus quad tip exhaust, even though I'm not a huge fan of the new branding. Incidentally, it turns out AC Schnitzer have just discontinued their offering 2 weeks ago.

My question is, whilst the quad tip will look great (imo), can I expect any noticeable difference in sound? Does anyone know if there's another resonator after the OPF that could potentially be removed?

There's a ton of videos online of Remus exhausts on 540i, but they all seem to have downpipes / res deletes etc.

I plan on pulling the fuse on the exhaust valve also.

Many thanks for any assistance

J
i think there is another resonator after the OPF, so if you were to get the cat back version that should be plenty loud for you and leave the OPF intact i believe

there is not much difference in OPF and non OPF models, a small bit more volume in standard form. I have a sports cat and axle back on mine and i wouldnt want it any louder