BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum iDrive, Audio, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics + Coding Bimmercode - PDC rear distance lines

11-05-2019, 08:22 PM   #1
tsbrown
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i M Sport

Bimmercode - PDC rear distance lines

Recently got Bimmercode for my G30 540i after giving up on Carly for lack of functionality. I've successfully coded the car to startup in Sport Individual.

Now trying to get the rear PDC distance lines (the green lines marking 2 or 3 foot distance increments) to stay on longer - for 20m or 30m after pulling forward, but can't get this to work. Is it either (or both) of the following?

PDC/Top View distance switch-off threshold
The driven distance after the PDC is turned off automatically.
Values:
10 m
20 m ....

Rear view camera distance switch-off threshold
The driven distance after the rear view camera is turned off automatically.
Values:
10 m
20 m ....

This is done in the “Advanced Crash Safety Module” ACSM_5 module and I am using the OBDLink adapter.

thanks
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2019, 07:58 PM   #2
tsbrown
Captain
United_States
Rep

no one? Not even Almaretto?
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2019, 08:14 PM   #3
tsbrown
Captain
United_States
Rep

Another problem I now have is that my bluetooth streaming drops frequently and my Tunein Radio App no longer shows up. Not sure if this is a result of messing with the PDC settings (ACSM_5) or coding the car to start in Sport individual mode (BDC).

Prior to this my Tunein Radio app and bluetooth streaming worked, mostly. Every day I would launch Tunein on my iPhone, connect on the iDrive media menu and drive off. After 90 seconds (every. single. time. 90 seconds exactly) the idrive would drop the BT and Apps connection for my phone. I'd re-establish it on the Manage Mobile Devices menu and continue on, flawlessly for the rest of the day. Even leaving the car parked/locked for hours and reconnecting after work. Then repeat the same process the next next day.

Now, it drops the BT connection every 30 seconds or so. I re-establish and it drops again after another ~30 seconds. There is no Tunein Radio app on my iDrive media selection any more. Presets, Satellite, USB, etc and Spotify, yes, but no Tunein. I don't use Spotify. Probably going to take it to the dealer for clean install of the iDrive software. I've already had it in once for teh Bluetooth connection issue but they couldn't solve it. I've tried several reconnection recommendations but nothing is helping. Thoughts?
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2019, 08:40 AM   #4
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW XM Label

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsbrown View Post
Another problem I now have is that my bluetooth streaming drops frequently and my Tunein Radio App no longer shows up. Not sure if this is a result of messing with the PDC settings (ACSM_5) or coding the car to start in Sport individual mode (BDC).

Prior to this my Tunein Radio app and bluetooth streaming worked, mostly. Every day I would launch Tunein on my iPhone, connect on the iDrive media menu and drive off. After 90 seconds (every. single. time. 90 seconds exactly) the idrive would drop the BT and Apps connection for my phone. I'd re-establish it on the Manage Mobile Devices menu and continue on, flawlessly for the rest of the day. Even leaving the car parked/locked for hours and reconnecting after work. Then repeat the same process the next next day.

Now, it drops the BT connection every 30 seconds or so. I re-establish and it drops again after another ~30 seconds. There is no Tunein Radio app on my iDrive media selection any more. Presets, Satellite, USB, etc and Spotify, yes, but no Tunein. I don't use Spotify. Probably going to take it to the dealer for clean install of the iDrive software. I've already had it in once for teh Bluetooth connection issue but they couldn't solve it. I've tried several reconnection recommendations but nothing is helping. Thoughts?
That probably has more to do with your phone and than any of the stuff you've already changed. Did you recently upgrade the software on your phone?
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2019, 04:40 PM   #5
tsbrown
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualGuitars View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsbrown View Post

That probably has more to do with your phone and than any of the stuff you've already changed. Did you recently upgrade the software on your phone?
You're right. I just connected an iPhone 6 with older version of the iOS and app and it works properly. Now to see if I can move that version of the app to my other phone
Appreciate 1