BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General BMW News and Cars Discussion BMW Individual Program makes personal dream come true

03-24-2010, 11:04 AM   #67
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Carson View Post
They don't "choose two people a year". The only said that they get this sort of very special request a couple of times a year. There is not quota on this sort of thing.

Other Individual M cars in the past 6 months have included a Frozen Gray M5 for an M5Board.com member in Florida and an M5 with bright red and black interior (with red contrasting stitching) for an M5Board.com member in Saudi Arabia.
Oh snap!! I didn't know that Mark Carson was on the board. Welcome Mark!! May I ask how much did it cost you to individualize the M6?
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2010, 11:23 AM   #68
nemex12
Captain
Rep
Drives: e60,z4

wow there are several people here with a very sad case of brain damage. envy is the best kind of flattering, so please dont hate the guy because he did something unique and got a car made to suit his preferences. and the guy calling him a douche, you have issues man, i really sorry that you drive your buick like an asian bi..h. but dont let your sadness/selfhating show trough your pores, it doesnt look good.
      03-24-2010, 11:50 AM   #69
bo1o02
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: the speed limit

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemex12 View Post
wow there are several people here with a very sad case of brain damage. envy is the best kind of flattering, so please dont hate the guy because he did something unique and got a car made to suit his preferences. and the guy calling him a douche, you have issues man, i really sorry that you drive your buick like an asian bi..h. but dont let your sadness/selfhating show trough your pores, it doesnt look good.
hey man, if I had money to wipe my ass like he does, I probably would get a horrible paint job and parade around hawaii like I own the place, but in the end it is my opinion. And buick makes pretty quality cars. Your opinion was much appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2010, 12:07 PM   #70
CarForHire
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Slow in the left lane.

Garage List
2007 E90 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemex12 View Post
wow there are several people here with a very sad case of brain damage. envy is the best kind of flattering, so please dont hate the guy because he did something unique and got a car made to suit his preferences.
It's his money. He is satisfied by the color, isn't that the important thing?
      03-24-2010, 01:01 PM   #71
Bimmer-Bob
!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 128i

Garage List
Mark, good looking car, inside and out! Never mind the haters...

Personally, I think wood looks great inside a sports car - super classic. Much better than the current carbon fiber fad (which will probably look laughably dated in retrospect).
      03-24-2010, 03:29 PM   #72
Jason
Administrator
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
I was the passenger in the M3. It was driven by Christine Fleischer of BMW M who picked up me up at my hotel and drove me to the M Studio in Garching for that filming segment. I had been to the M studio the year before where the process did start.

The next day, the delivery of the M6 at the Welt, she picked us up in an Individual M5.

Remember, the point of all this is: to each his own. Make your own, not what anyone has to like.
Welcome to site Mark! Beautiful car!
Subscribe to Bimmerpost Youtube Channel
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2010, 04:18 PM   #73
CarForHire
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Slow in the left lane.

Garage List
2007 E90 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
I was the passenger in the M3. It was driven by Christine Fleischer of BMW M who picked up me up at my hotel and drove me to the M Studio in Garching for that filming segment. I had been to the M studio the year before where the process did start.

The next day, the delivery of the M6 at the Welt, she picked us up in an Individual M5.

Remember, the point of all this is: to each his own. Make your own, not what anyone has to like.
Exactly, glad you like it, that's all that matters. Nice to see you on the boards.
      03-26-2010, 08:12 AM   #74
auggiem3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F87 M2C & E92 M3

Mark, great looking car and congrats on the experience.

What was the deal with the box the consultant handed you during the video? It looked like an M labeled key holder with special fobs....is that correct?
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2010, 08:43 AM   #75
dr.jay
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 135

Props for getting what you wanted, the car looks bad ass
      03-30-2010, 02:58 AM   #76
Harajuku
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: AW e92

How do you drive this beast in Oahu? I just got back from Oahu and I think I ventured onto that same road that overlooks diamond head and the speed limit is about 25 MPH. In fact, all over the island the speed limit is between 15 MPH and the highest I remember seeing even on the highways was 50 MPH and 90% of drivers follow it, no one tail gates, no one uses their horn - just an aloha and a wave as you cruise at about 30 MPH on most roads.

I was there for over a week and even if I wanted to drive over 45 MPH I don't think I could have because everyone everywhere is going slow. It's tolerable when you're in a dodge rental but behind the wheel of vehicle with so much power I think I would jump head first into a coral reef after a few days of that...

what a car...
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2010, 05:32 AM   #77
BMW-NC
Selling drugs to BMW addicts
Germany
Rep
Drives: 135i e82 6MT N55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harajuku View Post
How do you drive this beast in Oahu? I just got back from Oahu and I think I ventured onto that same road that overlooks diamond head and the speed limit is about 25 MPH. In fact, all over the island the speed limit is between 15 MPH and the highest I remember seeing even on the highways was 50 MPH and 90% of drivers follow it, no one tail gates, no one uses their horn - just an aloha and a wave as you cruise at about 30 MPH on most roads.

I was there for over a week and even if I wanted to drive over 45 MPH I don't think I could have because everyone everywhere is going slow. It's tolerable when you're in a dodge rental but behind the wheel of vehicle with so much power I think I would jump head first into a coral reef after a few days of that...
...must...use....power.....
      03-30-2010, 09:01 AM   #78
Donbona
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E93 M3 DCT 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
Keep the comments respectful. If you don't like it, you can voice that in a respectful and mature manner. All other types of responses will be deleted.
Whats the point of having this if you cant use it?
I posted a comment with this... I didnt write anything disrespectful and my comment was deleted.
M3 E93 DCT, Space Grey,BC HB29 Forged Deep Concave Wheels, Ericsson Amuse F/R Bumper, Evolve Full Exhaust System, INTRAX Coilovers, STOPTECH BBK, Performance Steering Wheel,Custom Red/Black Leather Seats,///M3 ||Bimmerpost M3 Car Of The Month May - 2010SOLD
2010 R35 GTR
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2010, 10:55 AM   #79
cdmulders
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 535xi

Garage List
Quote:
No, the car was not $200K. I telephoned and made email contact before showing up in Sep 2008. They were great hosts. It can all be done, but it takes planning and persistence.
Mark - your car is visually stunning in every respect, and I am very impressed. You've given me inspiration - I'm going to start putting together what I think is my perfect new 5-series, and see what can be done. Definitely a long term goal. Mahalo.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2010, 09:24 AM   #80
BMW269
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

BMW Individual can do such a personalized car. But they can not put to the BMW M3 BMW Performance Seats in M style and with M logo, Alcantara/Novillo combination, wrap dashbord and top of door panels and make Alcantara headliner.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2010, 10:00 AM   #81
Small Yellow
Track Addict
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW M3 E92 | 2008 Z4M E86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi View Post
BMW Individual can do such a personalized car. But they can not put to the BMW M3 BMW Performance Seats in M style and with M logo, Alcantara/Novillo combination, wrap dashbord and top of door panels and make Alcantara headliner.
Yeah I agree. The M3 has great characteristics and personality but it is lacking in physical features, it doesn't feel complete such as the seats above, M pedals from **********, better looking calipers especially the rear one that doesn't look wimpy, and something that looks like an after market diffuser such as the VRS II. In a way, The M3 is like bare basic performance without too much cosmetic appeal to me or if you like to mod aftermarket. The S5 and c63 P31 that my friends have look more complete yet hinder in performance.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2010, 05:27 AM   #82
Mark Carson
Rep
Drives: M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by auggiem3 View Post
Mark, great looking car and congrats on the experience.

What was the deal with the box the consultant handed you during the video? It looked like an M labeled key holder with special fobs....is that correct?
The box is piano black (wood) with a carbon fiber top. Inside were 2 keys with key fobs that were carbon fiber (with a silver ///M logo) on one side and "BMW Individual M6 Mark Carson" engraved on the other. Very cool and totally unexpected gift present to me by Christine Fleischer (BMW M/Individual regional manger for the Americas) who had been my contact at BMW M (in Garching bei Munich) during the long, but enjoyable process of ordering the car. She told me this was the first box of its kind, so they really pulled out the stops for me and made the delivery special (as well as the car of course).

I realize the color and interior is not to everyone's taste (but that's why the call it "Individual") but I get lots of nice comments from people who see it (and it looks even better in person). The car does draw a bit of attention (but so far not from the police, ha ha ha).

Aloha
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2010, 05:35 AM   #83
Mark Carson
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harajuku View Post

The max speed limit is 60 MPH and that's only on sections of the H-1 (freeway) and the H-3. Generally the freeway is 55 but lower in places.

I wouldn't say 90% of the drivers follow the speed limit. There is a lot of freeway driving (and other places too) at 15 or more over. At 15 over you can expect a ticket, at 10 over probably not but that does not stop the majority of drivers. And yes, I do let loose the power of the V-10 more often that I should. I won't say how fast I've driven the M6 here, but it's a fast car that likes to stretch its legs now and again and who am I not to let the beast loose on occasion.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2010, 02:32 PM   #84
frozendevl
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35ix

That is actually really cool, but I can't even begin to imagine how much this cost...
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2010, 02:59 AM   #85
sbce90
Me Boosta
Australia
Rep
Drives: 320i / MB C63 / VW up!

That is quite a bit of effort just to get some wood in your car. To most other people it would just look like another woodtrim interior and they would have to idea about the time and effort that went into getting it. Not totally convinced on the exterior though. I thought the woman said they needed an exterior colour to 'balance' the interior. I would have gone with a nice black. Nevertheless the idea is "individual" so if he likes it that's all that matters.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2010, 08:17 PM   #86
Deltari09
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 3-Series Coupe

i find it interesting that i'm his son's classmate.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2011, 11:22 PM   #87
Mark Carson
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deltari09 View Post
i find it interesting that i'm his son's classmate.
Really? What grade? You can email me at Mark AT MarkCarson DOT com
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2011, 11:38 PM   #88
kyleJB328
coast2coast
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 E90 SG/OY-'08 E70 BS/B

Truly a beautiful car! I appreciate you went with the Ontario Gold. It is appropriate not only for the contrast on the interior, but for the lines of the M6 as well. However, I am astonished that you did not get the convertible!?! You are in Hawaii!!!!!! I guess you're not a 'convertible' guy?