BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum iDrive, Audio, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics + Coding Bavsound vs. Alpha One

04-28-2021, 10:33 AM   #1
Que
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 528i, 2019 BMW 540i

Bavsound vs. Alpha One

Hi,
I just received my 2019 540i and it came with the HK audio. I am thinking of upgrading the sound but I'm stuck between Bavsound or Alpha One. I have had the Stage One Bavsound Package in my 2008 E60 and was pretty happy with the sound quality and the customer support was great but that was a while ago.

Alpha One's full speaker kit w/ subs and Bavsound's kit are roughly the same price but Alpha's kit is short two tweeters compared to Bavsound, BUT Alpha One's speakers look (to me) built better. I am looking for good solid bass (nothing too crazy but nice and punchy) and clear, crisp mids and highs. Just need you guy's options as I only want to do this once.

Thanks.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-02-2021, 05:52 AM   #2
ramparts
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Que View Post
Hi,
I just received my 2019 540i and it came with the HK audio. I am thinking of upgrading the sound but I'm stuck between Bavsound or Alpha One. I have had the Stage One Bavsound Package in my 2008 E60 and was pretty happy with the sound quality and the customer support was great but that was a while ago.

Alpha One's full speaker kit w/ subs and Bavsound's kit are roughly the same price but Alpha's kit is short two tweeters compared to Bavsound, BUT Alpha One's speakers look (to me) built better. I am looking for good solid bass (nothing too crazy but nice and punchy) and clear, crisp mids and highs. Just need you guy's options as I only want to do this once.

Thanks.
The alpha ones are a good improvement over the HK oem speakers. Take a week or so to open up but very happy, especially the subs
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2021, 05:01 PM   #3
Ashg
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bmw G30 bmw e89

I have the base HIFI and disappointed with the sound. I'm thinking of just doing stage 1 bavsound. Does it make a difference with just stage 1 upgrade? I'm not looking to play loud music and 250w is enough for me. I just need good sound quality
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2021, 05:20 PM   #4
Que
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidoff86 View Post
The alpha ones are a good improvement over the HK oem speakers. Take a week or so to open up but very happy, especially the subs
Thanks! I appreciate the reply and opinion.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2021, 05:23 PM   #5
Que
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashg View Post
I have the base HIFI and disappointed with the sound. I'm thinking of just doing stage 1 bavsound. Does it make a difference with just stage 1 upgrade? I'm not looking to play loud music and 250w is enough for me. I just need good sound quality
I did the stage one upgrade in my E60 so if just better sound quality is what you’re looking for, I would definitely say it improved the sound quality in that vehicle.
Appreciate 1
Ashg5.50
      05-02-2021, 05:50 PM   #6
Ashg
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bmw G30 bmw e89

Quote:
Quote:
I did the stage one upgrade in my E60 so if just better sound quality is what you’re looking for, I would definitely say it improved the sound quality in that vehicle.
Quote:
Quote:
I did the stage one upgrade in my E60 so if just better sound quality is what you're looking for, I would definitely say it improved the sound quality in that vehicle.
Thanks. Now the bigger question, is spending $1k worth the stage one upgrade (670 for speakers and about 300 install at authorized bavsound dealer)?
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2021, 11:57 PM   #7
Robxc80
Rep
Drives: Mercedes GLE, BMW 540i

I don’t believe stage 1 alone is worth it. I wasn’t happy until I got all three parts...stage 1, Ghost subs. And Amp.

Even then, I’m....”meh” about them. That said, not many other options to upgrade the stock hifi. So kinda stuck with bavsound unless you go custom from what I’ve researched.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2021, 07:48 AM   #8
Que
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robxc80 View Post
I don’t believe stage 1 alone is worth it. I wasn’t happy until I got all three parts...stage 1, Ghost subs. And Amp.

Even then, I’m....”meh” about them. That said, not many other options to upgrade the stock hifi. So kinda stuck with bavsound unless you go custom from what I’ve researched.
Thanks very much for the info. So far I have the subwoofers and I got a $100 discount coupon from them (after the subwoofer purchase) so was thinking of buying the next step which is the entire speaker system. I don’t think they have an amp option yet for my 2019 G30 but like you I don’t really have many other options for speaker upgrades. I was researching the Alpha One system but there’s just not that much detailed specs on it and I’m worried that if I run into an issue whether it be a defective speaker or overall not being satisfied with the sound, I will not get the customer service support as some members mentioned was their experience.
Appreciate 0